What's new

Indian guru Ravi Shankar attack probe launched

Brotherhood

Reaction score
BBC News - Indian guru Ravi Shankar attack probe launched
31 May 2010

Ravi Shankar is a popular Indian guru

Police in the Indian city of Bangalore are looking for an unidentified man who allegedly opened fire at religious guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

Ravi Shankar was unhurt, but a devotee sustained minor injuries, police officials said.

Sunday evening's incident happened when Ravi Shankar, 54, was getting into his car after his Sunday discourse.

The guru is a modern-day spiritual icon among many in India's middle and upper classes.

A senior police official told the BBC that security had been tightened around Ravi Shankar's ashram in the southern city.

"I don't want a security wall between me and my devotees who come to see me. I have forgiven the person [who fired] at me totally," Ravi Shankar told a news channel after the incident.

He said he heard a cracker-like sound when he was getting into the car after the Sunday sermons.

"I was later told it was a gun shot," he said.

It is unclear who may have targeted the guru, who runs the thriving Art of Living Foundation in India with branches all over the world.

His foundation has run yoga and spiritual classes in war-torn Afghanistan, Iraq and Sri Lanka.

I am very much after hearing this, why would some one do this to Sri Sri Ravi shankar?? Even if he forgives the attacker, I would never..... His devotees world wide are shocked to hear this Incident.....

He is famous for "art of living".something called "Sudarshan Kriya" Which Will Help Relaxed.He's different compared to other Guru's.

He is famous for "art of living".something called "Sudarshan Kriya" Which Will Help Relaxed.He's different compared to other Guru's.

Yes, And He has be Nominated twice for nobel peace prize.... Among only 2 Indians to adress the United nations, Mata Amritananda Mayi and Sri Sri Ravi shankar....

No guruji Is not a person Like that..... He has converted many terrorists as Normal Human beings, and those ex terrorists have even become teachers, who are teaching meditation in J&K and North east....

You dont know the Power of Sudarshan Kriya, read what All India Institute of Medical Sciences had to say about this...

http://www.aolresearch.org/pdf/other/EEG_M_Bhatia.pdf

Look what the people of pakistan had to say about the course offered by him

Last edited by a moderator:
May be he is one of execptions but 99% are dramebaaj. To name a few. baba ram rahim singh,bapu asa ram, another one caught in delhi who supplys girl etc etc. It's not me who is reporting, it's media who is saying.

And Iam sure, He is a true Leader, How many Gurus have u seen adressing like this??

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom