What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
Not clear, if the BJP loses badly in the assembly & the Congress forms a single part government, it is likely that Congress will benefit massively from that in the LS elections. The BJP won 19 out of 28 last time, they may win less than a 3rd of that in that case.

Btw, if you noticed the survey quoted in the earlier post which was done by the BJP itself & released to the press :), even the BJP didn't dare put itself in 1st place. Shows pretty much where they believe they stand.
Buddy not sure about other part of Karnataka but in Bangalore a lot of New Voter addition is going on. Even now I can cast my vote in Mahadevapura constituency though I am from UP. My one friend is working for this and he told me that he had submitted around 50000 forms in this month.

Buddy not sure about other part of Karnataka but in Bangalore a lot of New Voter addition is going on. Even now I can cast my vote in Mahadevapura constituency though I am from UP. My one friend is working for this and he told me that he had submitted around 50000 forms in this month.

Not sure what the point is. Are you suggesting that the new voters will vote BJP? I'm not at all sure about that.

How are congress prospects? Is it expected to win?

It is worrisome that so many people are going to be voting for Narendra Modi.

Unlikely, since Antony was named as replacement. If they expected a fund collector, he was a terrible choice.

Are you telling me that AK Antony was CM of kerala without knowing how to raise funds for the party ? Even NaMo has to raise funds for the BJP. Every senior Minister of Every Party has to raise funds for the party. This is true for ALL Parties in India.

AK Antony is know to look the other way when his party men jump into the public treasury and carry it to the party treasurer and take a part of it home .....his saving grace being he does not take that public treasure money home with him.

....Like our Dear 'Honest' MMS who looked the other way during 3G, CoalGate etc.....:enjoy:

So you want BJP to win in state so that at national level they get a morale boost while we suffer here? PS- if a govt is so cporrupt in state, I have no doubts they'll be much worse on national level. Diffcult to imagine but true- their track record here means they'll be even worse than congress at centre.

Typical reply from a Congi :omghaha:

P.S. Don't try to act as if you are the only Kannadiga here

Not sure what the point is. Are you suggesting that the new voters will vote BJP? I'm not at all sure about that.

Dude it's their habit, they are perpetually coming up with scenarios where their pet wants are played out. And when it doesn't happen on ground, they blame the people/stupidity/ pseudo secularism and god knows whatnot. This process is endless. Someone was even trying to prove to me that in the LS elections BJP will have huge windfalls in kerala. When i pointed out that BJP has no presence there, he came out with theories on how that will happen. There are people who are also dreaming that making Modi will create a windfall in UP.

Guys, Let's put an end to the Karnataka Assembly elections Chapter.

BJP is no doubt Losing the assembly elections come this may.

And for this, no one else but they themselves have to blame.

I am not sure of the LS elections in Karnataka though.

So, there is no sense of making ASSUMPTIONS here.

Can we move on PLEASE??

How are congress prospects? Is it expected to win?

It is worrisome that so many people are going to be voting for Narendra Modi.

It is always difficult to gauge in India because of the sheer diversity and the number of smaller regional parties. For example in the 2004 election the Left Parties won 5-6% of the Popular vote but won almost 60 seats in the Lok Sabha which is about 12% of the seats. But the middle class loves Modi.

What about Rajasthan who is most likely to win there @KRAIT;

Last edited by a moderator:
The BJP got 116 seats last time. 19 of them were from Karnataka(19/28). where the BJP faces electoral reversal. The BJP stands to do better in Rajasthan(4/25) & to some extent, in Maharashtra(9+11/48).

MP(16/29), Gujarat(15/26), Chattisgarh(10/11) were places where the BJP already did fairly decently in 2009 & may lose seats to some level in MP & Chattisgarh. They may claw back a few seats in Delhi (0/7) & Uttaranchal (0/5) but where do BJP supporters think that they are going to gain so much support as to approach 180 seats ? U.P. (10/80)?

I simply see no way they can do it.

The BJP got 116 seats last time. 19 of them were from Karnataka(19/28). where the BJP faces electoral reversal. The BJP stands to do better in Rajasthan(4/25) & to some extent, in Maharashtra(9+11/48).

MP(16/29), Gujarat(15/26), Chattisgarh(10/11) were places where the BJP already did fairly decently in 2009 & may lose seats to some level in MP & Chattisgarh. They may claw back a few seats in Delhi (0/7) & Uttaranchal (0/5) but where do BJP supporters think that they are going to gain so much support as to approach 180 seats ? U.P. (10/80)?

I simply see no way they can do it.

Before making any PREDICTIONS, would you please look at the first page:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...ian-general-elections-2014-a.html#post3914092

Please stop the name calling here (BJP supporter, modi fan or Congressi), we are all Indians here & it will help if we can have a discussion with more civility.

Shows the NDA tally. What does that prove? Why so defensive? All I did was to point out the situation. Feel free to suggest differently.

I would like you to make your stand clear.

I am not getting DEFENSIVE, i am just giving the India Today (a credible source) predictions.

If you have any other source which shows that UPA as the largest alliance, feel free to post.

Thank You.

Back
Top Bottom