What's new

Indian fashion and lifestyle

Generaly speaking.

come on, statistically speaking, i must have faced the most hatred on pdf, yet i stuck on. :D

and i was going through her posts... other than some racist talk by two non-resident pakistani members on the 16th, there was no other hate talk in context of her.

come on, statistically speaking, i must have faced the most hatred on pdf, yet i stuck on. :D

and i was going through her posts... other than some racist talk by two non-resident pakistani members on the 16th, there was no other hate talk in context of her.

Never seen her argue either. She is chill minded. Maybe busy.

I am trying to avoid this forum these days. So much abuse, hatred and biasedness. Even moderators here are blind and report button NEVER works. This is a depressing forum and it can bring out the worst out of anyone, if I had my way, I could give a piece of my mind to many sorry people in here, but it would be rather better to just avoid this forum. This forum is sick and it seems admins promote this sickness.
I may post some pics later....Let the forum gets a bit civilized.

I am trying to avoid this forum these days. So much abuse, hatred and biasedness. Even moderators here are blind and report button NEVER works. This is a depressing forum and it can bring out the worst out of anyone, if I had my way, I could give a piece of my mind to many sorry people in here, but it would be rather better to just avoid this forum. This forum is sick and it seems admins promote this sickness.

truly sad to hear your experience and understandable it is... please allow me to present two sides of this.

the problem is that pdf though having great potential to become a peace-making project ( like "aman ki asha" ) remains a "defence" forum and that combined with international membership draws many wrong people who have a nationalistic, reactionary, racist and a general hateful bent of mind, always talking about war and killing... one instance of racism/nationalist-obscenity you saw in that "bangladeshi muslim vs pakistani muslim" thread.

like i said above, i have faced much personal hatred from a lot of the international membership on account of my political ideology, but i generally try to reason with them without employing any desi/non-desi gaali-galoch... it is to be said that many of these haters remained idiotic... i must also say that the experience has made me even more patient, more practiced in the art of dialogue and more willing to listen to the other side and a bit more humorous.

of all the countries represented, it is the desis who had the most compelling reason to use pdf to learn and discuss progressive ideologies and societies because the subcontinent/south-asia is largely a uncivilized place rife with oppression and injustice through reactionary social/political structures further made evil by modern continuation of capitalism... some of the desi members are sensible people and some not... the sensibles discuss problems and progressivism, the non-sensible prefer to be nationalistic and refuse to acknowledge problems ( this is how the subcontinent has remained backward for 68 years ).

like you, i had been disenchanted by pdf earlier in the year, seeing all this hate - unnecessary hate, misplaced hate, ridiculous hate, and stopped logging in, but i came back because there are other members who are sensible... just to extend this, it is unfair to condemn a entire society on basis of the anti-progress anti-human components of that society... for example, not every turk supports erdogan, not every indian is member of bajrang dal, not every pakistani supports zia ul haq or "ghazwa e hind" ( :D ), not every american supports obomba... similarly, it is unfair to condemn a entire forum on basis of the hateful many. :)

to be fair, the admins ( all pakistani ) and pakistani mods have been very accommodating especially with the indian membership many of whom should not really be representing india on such a world forum and these keep insulting pakistan on daily basis while being on a pakistan-run forum. :) i and some other indian members are tired of these particular indian members who are full of nationalistic/reactionary hate... believe me, you won't want to live in a city administered by these particular members... and believe me, a similar-theme indian forum, like the infamous "bharat rakshak", would not even allow a pakistani membership much less allow the pakistanis to present their perspective. :)

however, your complaint about the report button being ineffective is a fair complaint... one reason is less number of mods compared to the number of members... it would have been fantastic to have a indian mod to not only moderate the indian postings but also of others nationalities who were being unnecessarily hateful towards indians ( like you saw in the above mentioned thread )... towards this end, i had proposed two names as the indian mod - myself and @Joe Shearer sir ( he's one of the few senior-age members and a very sensible person )... yes, i too must complain that my proposal for a indian mod has not been taken seriously. :)

but only yesterday came a new addition to the mod team... it is my friend, the young and very sensible @WAJsal ... he is 17 or 18 and has more sensibility than majority of the members twice or thrice his age... if you think the report button does not get you immediate result, you can tag wajsal or waz bhai or irfan baloch sahab, as these mods are generally the daily appearing ones... i have seen wajsal as tta giving negative ratings to a pakistani member who was being unfairly critical of something about india, if i remember correctly... i note with pride that i must be among the few indian male members not banned since membership registration, and this despite me being quite forthright in condemning the political systems and leaders of so many countries. :D

i must tell you of a female indian-origin member, @ajtr , who used to be active until 2012 i think, so this was before i joined... ajtr from what i gather married a pakistani chap and moved to pakistan... now, she was a hardcore progressive with a sharp tongue who used kabir's poetry and other means to give it short and sharp to any hater on the indian and pakistani sides. :lol: i was a occasional guest reader of pdf in those days and ajtr was a most welcome breeze... you can search for her posts using the detailed search facility ( Search )... like @911 said above, you are chill-minded and very sensible ( if just a little bit nationalist :D ), so don't allow your sensibility to be subverted by the hate-mongers and the war-mongers... i have seen you explaining calmly in the aforementioned thread, continue with that, adding to it humor, which thing you use generally... it is not my place to pretend to be completely understanding of your feeling of disappointment with pdf but i think it is my place to show you of the better side, the potential side. :)

please do come back at the earliest... the usual suspects wait for your updates and your interesting threads... and rather than wait for some indefinite period for pdf to turn civilized, fight here and make it civilized. :D

@Zibago @django @Bilal9 @BDforever @Maira La @Nilgiri - we want @Hello It's me back !! we want @MaarKhoor back !!

Pdf is
cover170x170.jpeg

Avoid folks who are rude chillax with people who are friendly ask @2800 he has faced more abuse than anyone here :p:

Uncle @Joe Shearer so that post was the drunk you?

truly sad to hear your experience and understandable it is... please allow me to present two sides of this.

the problem is that pdf though having great potential to become a peace-making project ( like "aman ki asha" ) remains a "defence" forum and that combined with international membership draws many wrong people who have a nationalistic, reactionary, racist and a general hateful bent of mind, always talking about war and killing... one instance of racism/nationalist-obscenity you saw in that "bangladeshi muslim vs pakistani muslim" thread.

like i said above, i have faced much personal hatred from a lot of the international membership on account of my political ideology, but i generally try to reason with them without employing any desi/non-desi gaali-galoch... it is to be said that many of these haters remained idiotic... i must also say that the experience has made me even more patient, more practiced in the art of dialogue and more willing to listen to the other side and a bit more humorous.

of all the countries represented, it is the desis who had the most compelling reason to use pdf to learn and discuss progressive ideologies and societies because the subcontinent/south-asia is largely a uncivilized place rife with oppression and injustice through reactionary social/political structures further made evil by modern continuation of capitalism... some of the desi members are sensible people and some not... the sensibles discuss problems and progressivism, the non-sensible prefer to be nationalistic and refuse to acknowledge problems ( this is how the subcontinent has remained backward for 68 years ).

like you, i had been disenchanted by pdf earlier in the year, seeing all this hate - unnecessary hate, misplaced hate, ridiculous hate, and stopped logging in, but i came back because there are other members who are sensible... just to extend this, it is unfair to condemn a entire society on basis of the anti-progress anti-human components of that society... for example, not every turk supports erdogan, not every indian is member of bajrang dal, not every pakistani supports zia ul haq or "ghazwa e hind" ( :D ), not every american supports obomba... similarly, it is unfair to condemn a entire forum on basis of the hateful many. :)

to be fair, the admins ( all pakistani ) and pakistani mods have been very accommodating especially with the indian membership many of whom should not really be representing india on such a world forum and these keep insulting pakistan on daily basis while being on a pakistan-run forum. :) i and some other indian members are tired of these particular indian members who are full of nationalistic/reactionary hate... believe me, you won't want to live in a city administered by these particular members... and believe me, a similar-theme indian forum, like the infamous "bharat rakshak", would not even allow a pakistani membership much less allow the pakistanis to present their perspective. :)

however, your complaint about the report button being ineffective is a fair complaint... one reason is less number of mods compared to the number of members... it would have been fantastic to have a indian mod to not only moderate the indian postings but also of others nationalities who were being unnecessarily hateful towards indians ( like you saw in the above mentioned thread )... towards this end, i had proposed two names as the indian mod - myself and @Joe Shearer sir ( he's one of the few senior-age members and a very sensible person )... yes, i too must complain that my proposal for a indian mod has not been taken seriously. :)

but only yesterday came a new addition to the mod team... it is my friend, the young and very sensible @WAJsal ... he is 17 or 18 and has more sensibility than majority of the members twice or thrice his age... if you think the report button does not get you immediate result, you can tag wajsal or waz bhai or irfan baloch sahab, as these mods are generally the daily appearing ones... i have seen wajsal as tta giving negative ratings to a pakistani member who was being unfairly critical of something about india, if i remember correctly... i note with pride that i must be among the few indian male members not banned since membership registration, and this despite me being quite forthright in condemning the political systems and leaders of so many countries. :D

i must tell you of a female indian-origin member, @ajtr , who used to be active until 2012 i think, so this was before i joined... ajtr from what i gather married a pakistani chap and moved to pakistan... now, she was a hardcore progressive with a sharp tongue who used kabir's poetry and other means to give it short and sharp to any hater on the indian and pakistani sides. :lol: i was a occasional guest reader of pdf in those days and ajtr was a most welcome breeze... you can search for her posts using the detailed search facility ( Search )... like @911 said above, you are chill-minded and very sensible ( if just a little bit nationalist :D ), so don't allow your sensibility to be subverted by the hate-mongers and the war-mongers... i have seen you explaining calmly in the aforementioned thread, continue with that, adding to it humor, which thing you use generally... it is not my place to pretend to be completely understanding of your feeling of disappointment with pdf but i think it is my place to show you of the better side, the potential side. :)

please do come back at the earliest... the usual suspects wait for your updates and your interesting threads... and rather than wait for some indefinite period for pdf to turn civilized, fight here and make it civilized. :D

@Zibago @django @Bilal9 @BDforever @Maira La @Nilgiri - we want @Hello It's me back !! we want @MaarKhoor back !!
I want @Squashh and @doppelganger back :-(

Also i sort of miss butt sahab @Armstrong man so many good members are leaving pdf

Pdf is
cover170x170.jpeg

Avoid folks who are rude chillax with people who are friendly ask @2800 he has faced more abuse than anyone here :p:

Uncle @Joe Shearer so that post was the drunk you?

I want @Squashh and @doppelganger back :-(

Also i sort of miss butt sahab @Armstrong man so many good members are leaving pdf

<groan>

@Zibago , I'm leaving the forum. I'm now saying my goodbyes, and asking nice people to stay in touch with me. And I don't drink alone, one of my students came home and without asking me emptied out my Bacardi, so I have neither had a drink recently, nor am I likely to have one in the near future, not till my salary comes in, at any rate.

true... i suppose it equals youtube comments section on the amount of hate content. :D

ah, i didn't know that... i thought it was me. :P

i second that.

but he and that svensvensonov keep sharing pictures of the unspeakables. :angry:

but i suppose he being friend of you and @Aminroop should make me tolerate him. :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom