eastwatch

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
Elephant kills girl in Panchagarh

Friday, January 6, 2012
Elephant kills girl in Panchagarh
Star Online Report

A teenage girl was killed by an Indian elephant Friday along Banglabandha frontier in Tentulia upazila of Panchagarh. The deceased was identified as Ruma Akhter, 17, daughter of Rafiqul Islam of Pathanpara village in the upazila.

Mahbubul Alam, officer-in-charge of Tentulia Police Station, quoting victim’s younger brother Robiul Islam, said Robiul, along with his two sisters went out their house with some goats at 8:30am to take the goats to a nearby field.

At one stage, an elephant attacked the trio and trampled Ruma to death. Robiul and his sister Ruma Akhter, 17, however, managed to escape, reports our Thakurgaon correspondent.

Local rushed in and encircled the elephant after chasing in a sugarcane field at Dhaijan village.

Shareer Rahman, superintendent of police (SP) in Panchagarh, said the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) officials informed Border Security Force (BSF) about the elephant that entered Bangladeshi territory early Friday through Banglabandha border.

But BSF officials are yet to inform whether they have taken away the elephant till filling of this report at 5:00pm.

Man, Indians really have it out for you Bengalis, ever since they helped you with your independence. Anyways good luck.

maybe a new method by BSF

See normally I would call you a disgusting human being, but since Bengalis love their Indian friends, I feel that I don't have any reason to interfere.

See normally I would call you a disgusting human being, but since Bengalis love their Indian friends, I feel that I don't have any reason to interfere.

you dont have right to call others disgusting coz you ppl make others jihadi and spread terror for the sake of strategy to dominate;)

According to a study of the human rights organization Odhikar, in the 10 years from January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2009, a total of 828 Bangladeshis were killed by Indian BSF.

In 2010 alone, from January 1 to March 2, the India border security force (BSF) killed 10 Bangladeshi nationals.

In the last 10 years, they killed a total of 828 Bangladeshis, i.e. 838 in the last 10 years and two months.

According to a study of the human rights organization Odhikar, in the 10 years from January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2009:

- 887 people were killed,
- 869 injured,
- 909 abducted and
- 14 raped along the Bangladesh-India border.
- 229 persons were forcefully pushed into Bangladesh,
- 184 went missing and
- 226 were arrested.

Of the killed persons, 828 were killed by BSF personnel. The others were killed by miscreants.

Even when Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was in India, BSF tortured and killed a 28-year-old young Bangladeshi cowherd. Around the same time, BSF personnel opened fire on Bangladeshis along the border at Azmatpur of Shibganj upazila in Chapainawabganj.

Check the New Nation report for further details: ITTEFAQ.COM

The killing spree needs to stop. And it must start with increased awareness about the issue.

You Indians murder people on daily basis, then give each other high-fives? What a sad lot you are.

call me whatever like i give sh*t about how a pakistani thinks of me,the problem is why all the "indian elephant" stuff unless it is trained to kill by the bsf

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

You Indians murder people on daily basis, then give each other high-fives? What a sad lot you are.

first keep your citizens safe from killings by talibs,nato

What a thread .....
:rofl::rofl:

I think we should arrest that elephant :hitwall::hitwall:

Get a life and start to live peacefully

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

just tell your loved ones not to cross our border

This thread should have been in the news section.

RIP to the deceased.

just tell your loved ones not to cross our border

My loved ones have already crossed your border and beaten your countrymen in kabaadi, then went back no problem.

R.I.P

As you have posted this news in Bangladesh Defense, i am wait for update on BD forces response and strategy

BD forces are launching a protest to mother nature. If all fails we will exterminate every indian elephants from our jungles.

On topic: RIP to the dead. Elephants live in herds, since the elephant was alone i guess it got lost and was scared. Thus i think this confrontation turned deadly.

Anyway eastwatch change the title of the thread please, its quite misleading

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom