What's new

INDIAN DELEGATION TO VISIT RUSSIA FOR LEASING YASEN CLASS SUBMARINE

This has less to do with MTCR, and more to do with the NPT - which we have not signed.

And it also doesn't make sense to sign it any more as it is simply sucking up to the P5.

NPT should simply be torn and thrown out of the UN windows. They should just let it go. The Cold War is over and the 'Coalition of the willing' and their nuclear control era is gone out too.

And it also doesn't make sense to sign it any more as it is simply sucking up to the P5.

NPT should simply be torn and thrown out of the UN windows. They should just let it go. The Cold War is over and the 'Coalition of the willing' and their nuclear control era is gone out too.

NPT is the only thing that prevents 50-60 countries from acquiring nukes

NPT is the only thing that prevents 50-60 countries from acquiring nukes

What makes you think black market won't help them?

Countries have a way of sourcing nukes whether there is NPT or not.

NPT is part of the framework to keep countries non-nuclear

What I am trying to say is that seizing the world's most powerful weapons as sole property of 5 countries and expecting others not to make their own is stupid. No one will accept it in reality and will pursue nukes.

Iranians are the example where they are a smart country with a very evolved populance. They don't care what NATO says. They don't care what EU or USA say. They still got the nukes. And I personally don't think it is a problem. Iranians are not like our hosts here who will keep using that nuke umbrella to threaten the world. That is American perception as usual.

There are many nuclear-material rich nations which don't need to import the radioactive material and can simply mine them. And getting access to technology is just a matter of politics. If someone with as limited resources as North Korea and Pakistan could make it, I don't really see how it would be difficult for KSA, Turkey, Indonesia, Brazil, Argentina and such stable and resourceful nations from getting access to them.

What I am trying to say is that seizing the world's most powerful weapons as sole property of 5 countries and expecting others not to make their own is stupid. No one will accept it in reality and will pursue nukes.

Iranians are the example where they are a smart country with a very evolved populance. They don't care what NATO says. They don't care what EU or USA say. They still got the nukes. And I personally don't think it is a problem. Iranians are not like our hosts here who will keep using that nuke umbrella to threaten the world. That is American perception as usual.

There are many nuclear-material rich nations which don't need to import the radioactive material and can simply mine them. And getting access to technology is just a matter of politics. If someone with as limited resources as North Korea and Pakistan could make it, I don't really see how it would be difficult for KSA, Turkey, Indonesia, Brazil, Argentina and such stable and resourceful nations from getting access to them.

Turkey, KSA are under official nuclear umbrella of USA. No one is really threatening Indonesia, Brazil and Argentina.

Turkey, KSA are under official nuclear umbrella of USA. No one is really threatening Indonesia, Brazil and Argentina.

No one has to threaten anyone to acquire nuclear weapons.

Today's global politics is so uncertain that smaller countries are worried.

Anything at all, they might be actually looking for an insurance policy. And nukes are the best insurance policy on the planet for now.

Point me out an agreement or a law or anything substantial which says so.

One of the agreements NPT or MTCR has a provision on prohibiting the sale of nuclear submarines. Russia leased the nuclear powered submarine to comply with the agreement

One of the agreements NPT or MTCR has a provision on prohibiting the sale of nuclear submarines. Russia leased the nuclear powered submarine to comply with the agreement

So what about France selling a SSN to Brazil ?

France is selling them the sub. The Brazilians will be installing their own reactor.

You know better if actually the submarine is built , from where the reactor will come. Brazilians as of today and even a decade down the time are in no position to do it themselves.
At most it will be French building a French rector in Brazil.

You know better if actually the submarine is built , from where the reactor will come. Brazilians as of today and even a decade down the time are in no position to do it themselves.
At most it will be French building a French rector in Brazil.
Since Brazil is NPT signatory I doubt anyone will make a fuss about it

Back
Top Bottom