What's new

Indian Defense Minister Signs Major Logistics Agreement With Pentagon

Lol I think u listens alot to 92etx wl Pakistani people are not racist but. Worked along with Indians and I know the average Indian mentality towards Pakistan
You will not see such from Pakistani people
Seriously
I'm just comparing ratio ..
Dude How do you know Average Indian Mentality , have you ever been here ? Its what your Media portrays and Vice versa to Indian Media. We Indians are not racist as we have the maximum diversity and ya we Indians fight among each other for petty issues but when it comes to external forces, We stand like a Wall.

Kindly don't portray whatever your media serves you in dollops of hatred.

Well If a war is going to be fought it will not be fought in Indian soil but the south China sea or the persian gulf. And please worry about your people before you worry about your enemies. That would make more sense.
Forget about Persian gulf...Iran will never make a base for India

Dude How do you know Average Indian Mentality , have you ever been here ? Its what your Media portrays and Vice versa to Indian Media. We Indians are not racist as we have the maximum diversity and ya we Indians fight among each other for petty issues but when it comes to external forces, We stand like a Wall.

Kindly don't portray whatever your media serves you in dollops of hatred.
I don't watch media often rather I said i been with Indians ,I know who are looking folks are who are racist ... those internal isues shows the mentality of people ..I'm not disrespecting most Indians but they are...
Sorry but no tolerance
Do u condemn RSS or the racist armed Hindu wings who speak against Pakistan hate and for war,even want to expell Pakistani persons in India or even Indian Muslims including AMIR or shahrukh khan etc...

I don't watch media often rather I said i been with Indians ,I know who are looking folks are who are racist ... those internal isues shows the mentality of people ..I'm not disrespecting most Indians but they are...
Sorry but no tolerance
Do u condemn RSS or the racist armed Hindu wings who speak against Pakistan hate and for war,even want to expell Pakistani persons in India or even Indian Muslims including AMIR or shahrukh khan etc...
We Indians know whom to condemn/criticise and when . We criticise RSS for its certain statements but acknowledge for there selfless contribution in national disasters and promoting nationality solely. We Indians also criticise bodies like Hijbul mujhadin, Various terrorist organisation in Pakistan speaking against India and Indians. We Laugh out Loud when we hear Zaid Hamid when he speaks about Gazwa Hind and speaks crazy theories.

Please note there are crazies, Hate/War mongers in India too and so are in Pakistan but that doesn't define the whole population of that Country.

Sorry but no tolerance

Did you even bother to read it in context. I never told India want's a base in Iran...but the persian gulf is a future hot spot for a war.

U don't understand the parameters of Nexus between countries in future where USA India etc will be standing and where pak china and there allies will stand

"Use each other's bases" - this does not mean NATO bases. India didn't sign a logistics cooperation agreement with NATO, just the US.

India doesn't suddenly have access to Incirlik, despite a large US presence. It didn't negotiate with NATO.

ae1d285bd7b9c4d2d3ee7b1a1cfa4b52.jpg

Also, access to overseas US bases is subject to both US and domestic approval, so this doesn't grant you 100% access to those either, such as Atsugi or Kadena in Japan.

Atsugi_air_base_%282352837131%29.jpg

Kadena_Air_Base_20100526.jpg

Or Naval Station Rota in Spain.

Spanish_carrier_Dedalo_at_Naval_Station_Rota_1976.JPEG

You will still need to negotiate with the host nation, not just the US. With the US itself there are still restrictions on the use and access to certain US bases.

Groom lake will be restricted.

groom_lake_GROOMOVERVIEW.jpg

You will have access to logistics and basing capabilities in others like Norfolk or Pearl Harbor or Andersen AFB.
Why Indians need to use USA bases for that

We don't need global bases with US we just need to cooperate for operations against China

I don't really care. I just want to stop this:

Nope it does mean that we can intermingle with other NATO partner countries of choosing, that is why it's customized for us. Whichever NATO countries are cleared by India, can use the Indian based for support during peace time. Same way India can also access those countries NATO bases as well. I believe it goes like that. Just my personal opinion. If true it can leave far reaching impact on Indian defence forces.

This agreement has nothing to do with NATO. India would need to negotiate separate agreements with NATO nations.

India isn't going to clear NATO nations for logistics support within them... those NATO nations will clear India and either allow or bar India from accessing their support and facilities, not the other way around.

Why Indians need to use USA bases for that

To support extended operations in non-local territory. This agreement could allow India to make use of US bases in South Korea, Japan or Australia (assuming they are given clearance by the local government) for logistics resupply by the US. This in turn would allow the IN or IAF to support operations such as FONOPs in the SCS, East China Sea, Yellow Sea or Sea of Japan and beyond such as goodwill visits to South or Central America or up into Europe with support from the US in the Med or North Sea and Baltics (again with approval from regional nations. India doesn't have Carte Blanche' access to NATO bases because of this agreement).

Neither India or China can support extended ops in each others regional waters, unlike the US with a vast support and logistics network in regional nations, Russia can't either. This agreement allows for the prospect of the IN and IAF to actually achieve such extended ops in non-regional air and water space, which is largely unprecedented, but again and like so many before it, is a function of US logistics support.

Such bases would include Misawa, which is a USAF basing and logistics facility (subject to Japanese approval. Given Indo-Japanese relations, this isn't too unlikely to be granted.).

160315-F-KR223-171.jpg

Or at Doha.

image.jpg

And even US owned bases like Andersen in Guam.

B-2_and_F-15_over_Andersen_Air_Force_Base.jpg

But frankly, I don't give two sh*ts about what India gets out of the deal.

I'm interested in how it impacts US operations in the region such as in Afghanistan or the Indian Ocean and West Africa.

Last edited:

This agreement has nothing to do with NATO. India would need to negotiate separate agreements with NATO nations.

India isn't going to clear NATO nations for logistics support within them... those NATO nations will clear India and either allow or bar India from accessing their support and facilities, not the other way around.

To support extended operations in non-local territory. This agreement could allow India to make use of US bases in South Korea, Japan or Australia (assuming they are given clearance by the local government) for logistics resupply by the US. This in turn would allow the IN or IAF to support operations such as FONOPs in the SCS, East China Sea, Yellow Sea or Sea of Japan and beyond such as goodwill visits to South or Central America or up into Europe with support from the US in the Med or North Sea and Baltics (again with approval from regional nations. India doesn't have Carte Blanche' access to NATO bases because of this agreement).

Neither India or China can support extended ops in each others regional waters, unlike the US with a vast support and logistics network in regional nations, Russia can't either. This agreement allows for the prospect of the IN and IAF to actually achieve such extended ops in non-regional air and water space, which is largely unprecedented, but again and like so many before it, is a function of US logistics support.

Such bases would include Misawa, which is a USAF basing and logistics facility (subject to Japanese approval. Given Indo-Japanese relations, this isn't too unlikely to be granted.).

160315-F-KR223-171.jpg

Or at Doha.

image.jpg

I'm interested in how it impacts US operations in the region such as in Afghanistan or the Indian Ocean and West Africa.
Sir I am aware on that that's why I said in the same post that I believed it went like that, though it was my personal opinion. Thank you.

160315-F-KR223-171.jpg

Or at Doha.

image.jpg

It's useless in reality .. Japanese base could b use against war with china but what china will come against India ,Japan etc that may Japanese need to think ....Doha base could be use against pak but unfortunately pak qatar relations won't let it happen

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom