What's new

Indian defence minister confirms purchase of S-400 missile systems

Russia has always been the country with the best SAM defense systems. USA wishes it had something like S-300/S-400 in its arsenal.
Sorry to say but its not like that. SM-2,3,6. etc are as good as S-300/400. Also they have different approach with pure ABM systems like THAAD for ground based systems. But they have nothing like S-300/400 for ground but then Russia too lack THAAD like system for ground.

Good. I hope we deploy them in enough numbers along India Tibet borders and then co operate with them ,to build a next generation very long range SAM system.

India is working on two tier and three tier aerial defence strategy after the implementation of this Indian skies will be safe from external threats. Particularly so called tactical weapons.

This is an interesting development considering India never accepted S-300 acquistion

That part remains murky though.

Hmm, yes. One of my friend during a conversation suggested me that we might not have gone for the full s300 system,but a particular missile from that system. Can that be a possibility?

Hmm, yes. One of my friend during a conversation suggested me that we might not have gone for the full s300 system,but a particular missile from that system. Can that be a possibility?
Maybe! In any case India would have sold a an export version of S-300

Sorry to say but its not like that. SM-2,3,6. etc are as good as S-300/400. Also they have different approach with pure ABM systems like THAAD for ground based systems. But they have nothing like S-300/400 for ground but then Russia too lack THAAD like system for ground.

161700218.jpg

1014039052.png

Indian Defence Ministry ,NSA and Indian military planners will do what is needed for the defence of the Nation.

China is going to get S 400 which is like a threat for Indian National security and Chinese do have S 300, S400 are upgraded version of S300.

Operational PLA S-300PMU2 Favorit / SA-20B battery with 5P85TE2 TELs (Chinese Internet)

Back
Top Bottom