What's new

Indian born Sikh becomes new defence minister of Canada.

This is awesome news. Its good to See Indians rising to positions of power in Canada. Hard work pays off.

As for Khalistan, that delusion is completely dead. The only people who bring it in Canada up are crooks who ask for money to fight India and then pocket it for themselves.

First make sure that his family didn't moved to Canada to escape persecution than start jumping, but anyway proud moment for "Sikhs" not for those who changed their mother tongue over night.

Thora study vi kar liya karo sir...

Born on 1971,left country in 1976.Tens of thousands of Sikhs live across the globe.most of them are not Khalistanis or their supporters.

Good to hear that Indians are establishing their foothold throughout the world

I think, you meant F-22 not F-35 :P

Same-same. F22, F35, J20, Tejas; all the same.

same-same-.png

First make sure that his family didn't moved to Canada to escape persecution than start jumping, but anyway proud moment for "Sikhs" not for those who changed their mother tongue over night.

Think what you want

Sajjan was born in India and moved to Canada with his family when he was five years old.
1) He is as good as any other Canadian.
2) How would this change anything for India?
3) Lets not forget Canada shares warm relations with Pakistan.

Time for India to give Sikhs freedom or else Canada will take revenge for the Golden Temple Massacre!

Canada buying Tejas, brahmos and Arjuns ??????
Butter and Jaggery in your mouth.. ;) Hope they'll allow us for one more IAF base to keep eyes on Pakistan from Canada :sarcastic:

Time for India to give Sikhs freedom or else Canada will take revenge for the Golden Temple Massacre!
They are free and Happy, and majority of them join Indian Armed forces so they are patriots too, u know that bro ?:thank_you2:

2) How would this change anything for India?
To be honest I don't think it will change anything for a number of reasons:

1) As a DM he will still have to follow the defence policy stated by his PM and thus won't be dictating defence policy. And defence relations/policies do not exist in a bubble but will reflect the grand strategic Indo-Candian ties. If the PM of Canada wants to forge closer ties with India then having an Indian-origin DM may assist slightly
2) As the DM he is effectively the CEO of the Canadian MoD but does that mean this entrenched institution's culture will change? No. What they thought of India yesterday they will think of India tomorrow. This goes even more so for the Canadian military. As the "CEO of the MoD" he will actually have very little interaction with Indian officials on a day to day basis- this will be the work of lower level officials and administrators who will, likely, be white Canadians.

Either way, cool to see (yet another) person of Indian-origin in a senior position in the West.

bewakoof insaant i have lived in punjab ludhiana for 30+ years khalistan movement is dead punjabis run punjab couple of thousand ppl in 3-5 crore doesnt matter if movement is dead in punjab few idiots in canada can only scratch there balls thats it
phir be jahil he rehna ullu ka patha. I was not talking about khalistani movement in India. I was just saying that most skihs in Canada are kahlistani and i did posted the video as evidence ..now stop quoting me idiot

Back
Top Bottom