What's new

Indian Astra Missile Still Needs Russian Tech To Find Targets !!

I am not an expert on cruise missile so I do not know if it is a water down version or souped up version, I just know from what has been posted in public domain. May be you have some definite documentation on this, so be kind enough to post it.

If this helps

One of the Key components of Brahmos based publicly available details are is Ramjet propulsion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

India is listed as Global production hub for this technology as MCTR 2010 Handbook

Ramjet propulsion

27z9kzd.jpg

http://mtcr.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MTCR_Annex_Handbook_ENG.pdf

I never said the Indian space program was a failure. I said Chandrayaan-1 was a failure. And yes, I knew you would use the MOM as an ego booster. Mars was never in the priority and hence we relegated it to a joint program with the Russians. Well, thanks to a Russian screw up, you got a boastful again. Think about it, Mangal was no complex technology, it's basically Chandrayaan copy with minor improvement, PSLV is a toy by Chinese standards, so what is stopping us? Think hard.

Unfortunately I do not have insights in rocket technology such as you do, so I cannot comment if MOM were a toy compared to Chinese space vehicles but I will be happy to update my knowledge if you are willing to share your sources stating that. That said, complexity of technology is not necessarily a hallmark of a good scientific experiment or even an engineering project.

Point of the argument was that few failures do not necessarily result into a single term 'FAILURE' labelled to any mission, project or endevour. I guess you have understood that. Like most of the endeavors, there were failures in India's first unmanned mission to moon. There were quite a bit of scientific discoveries regarding moon made during that AFAIK. Same is with India's Mars Orbitor Mission.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/scientists-review-chandrayaan-failure/article16626.ece

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/chandrayaan-failure-what-went-wrong-400572

Oo yah, I forgot to add on,

When China started HSR, the Indians were laughing and called it a stupid idea. Now India is inviting Chinese experts for survey and logically awarding the Japs to build the HSR.

When China was building an indigenous CPU, Indians said we will never be overtake the Americans. Now the worlds fastest supercomputer is built with Chinese chips, India is saying they will beat it by 2018.

When China started J-20, Indians said it was a piece of junk. Now you guys want a stealth fighter.

Btw, the Nirbhay just failed the 3rd time. I guess you guys need to improve on the copying skills. Don't just copy blindly, learn and improve.

I guess we Chinese do deserve the last laugh afterall right? LOL

In other words, FAILURE!

1. Chinese companies are working in India on Infra projects come to Delhi you will find their name in metro projects.
2. India does not have CPU technology building fast super computer is as much about parallelization as much it is about CPU speed, so architecture is usually the focus area of companies building supercomputers. TaihuLight used chinese CPU (implies they are of very high quality) but not sure if they are better than intel all others are using intel.
3. India is trying to develop many things like cruise missle and stealth fighter once tejas is in production work on stealth will pick speed.
4. GSLV and Agni also failed many times but then the DRDO got it right. I think Chinese things also fail while testing or do you mean that they get it right the first time.
5. Chinese have done excellent work in manufacturing Indian Policy maker do cite their examples.

Note: Regarding Chandrayaan request you to read the detailed content also before commenting news headlines could be misleading,

If this helps

One of the Key components of Brahmos based publicly available details are is Ramjet propulsion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos

India is listed as Global production hub for this technology as MCTR 2010 Handbook

Ramjet propulsion

http://mtcr.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MTCR_Annex_Handbook_ENG.pdf
You added the word 'key' and 'hub'. Typical Indian wording like could shall will may. That MTCR detail just shows who is producing ramjet/scramjet, doesn't matter in research or testing stage. Brahmos engine is Russian origin, the only reason India was added in was because of the scramjet test program. If Brahmos engine was Indian, you won't need to quote a MTCR document, the Indians would jump and shout and announce it around the world.

pathetic excuses for saving face :lol:

sour grapes.
Keep crying a Yangtze until China reaches Mars :china:
Well, believe it or not, that was the truth. So tell me what is stopping China? No one seems to be answering my question.

Unfortunately I do not have insights in rocket technology such as you do, so I cannot comment if MOM were a toy compared to Chinese space vehicles but I will be happy to update my knowledge if you are willing to share your sources stating that. That said, complexity of technology is not necessarily a hallmark of a good scientific experiment or even an engineering project.

Point of the argument was that few failures do not necessarily result into a single term 'FAILURE' labelled to any mission, project or endevour. I guess you have understood that. Like most of the endeavors, there were failures in India's first unmanned mission to moon. There were quite a bit of scientific discoveries regarding moon made during that AFAIK. Same is with India's Mars Orbitor Mission.
MOM was not a toy, it's roughly comparable to Chang'e-1, PSLV is the toy. Read more about it and understand, I am not spoonfeeding you my friend.

Chandrayaan-1 was a failure, the last attempt to save face was to claim it discovered water after the US announced it. However, the latest Chinese analysis debunked it, I am waiting for India to prove it wrong in the next mission. There was nothing wrong with MOM, it was launched as an ego booster using a Chandra clone and PSLV. The main aim was to boast vs China.

You added the word 'key' and 'hub'. Typical Indian wording like could shall will may. That MTCR detail just shows who is producing ramjet/scramjet, doesn't matter in research or testing stage. Brahmos engine is Russian origin, the only reason India was added in was because of the scramjet test program. If Brahmos engine was Indian, you won't need to quote a MTCR document, the Indians would jump and shout and announce it around the world.

Go whine and cry your heart out at next MTCR summit that they have designated India as global production hub for ramjet propulsion.

Not to me :D

Well, believe it or not, that was the truth. So tell me what is stopping China? No one seems to be answering my question.
How in the world will any Indian know what is stopping Chinese from sending a probe to Mars! I thought your question was a rhetorical one. If you really need an answer ask the Party. Btw, In India we have something called RTI using which common Indian citizens can ask questions to government and its organs. I think there should be something similar in China.

You added the word 'key' and 'hub'. ]

MOM was not a toy, it's roughly comparable to Chang'e-1, PSLV is the toy. Read more about it and understand, I am not spoonfeeding you my friend.

Chandrayaan-1 was a failure, the last attempt to save face was to claim it discovered water after the US announced it. However, the latest Chinese analysis debunked it, I am waiting for India to prove it wrong in the next mission. There was nothing wrong with MOM, it was launched as an ego booster using a Chandra clone and PSLV. The main aim was to boast vs China.

Citing your sources is not spoonfeeding my friend.

1. Chinese companies are working in India on Infra projects come to Delhi you will find their name in metro projects.
2. India does not have CPU technology building fast super computer is as much about parallelization as much it is about CPU speed, so architecture is usually the focus area of companies building supercomputers. TaihuLight used chinese CPU (implies they are of very high quality) but not sure if they are better than intel all others are using intel.
3. India is trying to develop many things like cruise missle and stealth fighter once tejas is in production work on stealth will pick speed.
4. GSLV and Agni also failed many times but then the DRDO got it right. I think Chinese things also fail while testing or do you mean that they get it right the first time.
5. Chinese have done excellent work in manufacturing Indian Policy maker do cite their examples.

Note: Regarding Chandrayaan request you to read the detailed content also before commenting news headlines could be misleading,
Thanks for the compliment. I did read about Chandrayaan-1, as a matter of fact, I was monitoring it's launch and progress in the heydays. Tht's why I knew so much about the storyline.

Get this in your head, we are not scientists associated to Chinese space program

Raise this question with your Govt,( if you are allowed to in the first place ;))

I think India would brag about it in either way as Brahmos critical tech is also made in Russia. The difference could be that Indian AF is rejecting this missile. It's kind of hard to brag when India spend all these time, money and research on something and get rejected by its own air force and have zero export customers. At least Brahmos, which is rejected by Russia, is claimed by India as worlds best.

"Astra missile, however, is not likely to be cheaper than other fully developed BVR missiles, considering the extent of research and development funding and other development costs," defense analyst Singh

LCA and Astra is the most expensive fighter/missile platform out there. And it's rejected by Indian AF.

LCA is not really the most expensive. I would say for its capabilities its one of the cheapest in its category $26 million a fighter.

How in the world will any Indian know what is stopping Chinese from sending a probe to Mars! I thought your question was a rhetorical one. If you really need an answer ask the Party. Btw, In India we have something called RTI using which common Indian citizens can ask questions to government and its organs. I think there should be something similar in China.

Citing your sources is not spoonfeeding my friend.
The moment you can answer me wht is stopping China, you would have understood basic space technology. If you can't I rest my case. You may choose to live in bollywood fantasy again.

The moment you can answer me wht is stopping China, you would have understood basic space technology. If you can't I rest my case. You may choose to live in bollywood fantasy again.
I guess you do not understand. We are not privy to the internal working of Chinese space program and what and why they do. It is like asking me what will YOU wear tomorrow. My answer will be 'I do not know!' or 'How should I know?!'.

LCA is not really the most expensive. I would say for its capabilities its one of the cheapest in its category $26 million a fighter.

He is Chinese he will blabber whatever is prescribed for him from the red book by his prophet Mao.:china:

You think he would cross-check the facts. :partay:

I guess you do not understand. We are not privy to the internal working of Chinese space program and what and why they do. It is like asking me what will YOU wear tomorrow. My answer will be 'I do not know!' or 'How should I know?!'.

:rofl:

Care to tell me global hub for producing ramjet for which missile? =)
Its in the below link:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=global+hub+for+producing+ramjet+for+which+missile?

Last edited:

I hate to cite wikipedia as a source for any point but I guess here even that will do. Water discovery was just one of results from Chandrayaan-1. There were quite a few more observations. Refer to the link below for more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrayaan-1#cite_note-94

Interestingly, even Chang'e 1 costed around 230M USD.(http://www.dailytech.com/Chinas+Lun...res+for+Historic+Sat+Landing/article33930.htm)

I believe if I were to believe that MOM was essentially Chang'e 1 for Mars and it costed around 76M USD, then its one hell of an efficient experiment, even if it was done using a 'toy' PSLV.

Back
Top Bottom