What's new

Indian Army Scouts For F-INSAS Assault Rifle

Water Car Engineer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
As part of the Indian Army's phased future infantry soldier as a system (F-INSAS) programme to create a fully integrated infantry soldier, Army HQ has floated requirements [PDF] for a new assault rifle that will, potentially, be license-built in large numbers. A questionaire provided with RFI points to what the Army is looking for in its new ambidextrous assault rifle:

The Army has put down its preference for a modular assault rifle with changeable multiple caliber barrels to support 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, 6.8x43mm and 6.5 Grendel rounds. The rifle needs to have an integrated sighting system that includes a luminous tipped flip-up iron sight, telescopic sight and a holographic reflex sight with a visible laser illuminator. It clearly wants an advanced under-barrel grenade launcher with a standalone firing mode governed by a multipurpose fire control system.

Livefist - Indian Defence & Aerospace

Last edited:
I am going to guess its the tavor, but its damn expensive.

Tavor-latrun-exhibition-1.jpg

Or maybe American weapons.

colt-m4-05-cqbr.jpg

Last edited:
check out this nice reviews
chaffandflare.blogspot.com/2010/12/indian-army-scouts-for-f-insas-assault.html

Army HQ has floated requirements [PDF] for a new assault rifle that will, potentially, be license-built in large numbers.
Wats going on ??? How many times will Army and DOD will issue such kind of RFI ?? And for FINSAS, I thought DRDO was working on multi-barrel rifle.
When are they thinking of implementing this FINSAS ???/ Or will they only talk ?// They should understand that the implementation of this project will take more than a decade. So, whatever they want to do, they should do quickly.

Wats going on ??? How many times will Army and DOD will issue such kind of RFI ?? And for FINSAS, I thought DRDO was working on multi-barrel rifle.
When are they thinking of implementing this FINSAS ???/ Or will they only talk ?// They should understand that the implementation of this project will take more than a decade. So, whatever they want to do, they should do quickly.

I don't think this has anything to do with F-INSAS though it can be reported to the PMO FINSAS as well as other directorates. The RFI shows clearly that Army intends to buy another batch of Tavor rifle.

F-INSAS is on course. Various systems are undergoing trials. The first batch will be inducted in 2011/12.

I don't think this has anything to do with F-INSAS though it can be reported to the PMO FINSAS as well as other directorates. The RFI shows clearly that Army intends to buy another batch of Tavor rifle.

F-INSAS is on course. Various systems are undergoing trials. The first batch will be inducted in 2011/12.

beretta_arx160-16-gl-optr.jpg

Drawing of the Beretta ARX-160 rifle along with GLG-160 grenade launcher and set of opto-electronic equipment which includes TV/ IR/Optical sight, laser rangefinder, laser pointer and
ballistic computer for grenade launcher.

The Army has put down its preference for a modular assault rifle with changeable multiple caliber barrels to support 5.56x45mm, 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm, 6.8x43mm and 6.5 Grendel rounds.

No rifle...

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom