What's new

Indian American Raj Subramaniam To Head FedEx

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
New York:
Indian American Raj Subramaniam would be new Chief Executive Officer of FedEx, according to an announcement made Monday by the US multinational courier delivery giant.

Raj Subramanian would replace Frederick W Smith, chairman and CEO, who will step down from this position on June 1. He will now be its executive chairman.

"As we look toward what's next, I have a great sense of satisfaction that a leader of the caliber of Raj Subramaniam will take FedEx into a very successful future," Smith said in a statement.

In his new role, Smith said he looks forward to focusing on Board governance as well as issues of global importance, including sustainability, innovation, and public policy. Smith had founded FedEx in 1971.

"Fred is a visionary leader and a legend of the business world. He founded one of the world's greatest and most admired companies, and it is my honour and privilege to step into this role and build upon what he has created," Mr Subramaniam said in a statement issued by FedEx.

Headquartered out of Tennessee, FedEx has 600,000 employees globally.

Mr Subramaniam was elected to the FedEx Board of Directors in 2020 and will maintain his seat on the Board, the company said.

Prior to his role as president and Chief Operating Officer of FedEx Corp., Mr Subramaniam was president and CEO of FedEx Express, the world's largest express transportation company. He also served as executive vice president and chief marketing and communications officer of FedEx Corp., where he was responsible for developing the corporate strategy.

In addition, he served as the president of FedEx Express in Canada and in several other management and marketing roles throughout Asia and the US since he joined FedEx in 1991.

"Raj is an accomplished and proven leader, and he has the full support of the Board. He has more than 30 years of global experience across strategy and operations and has led the company through a period of tremendous growth. I am confident that Raj will build on this foundation and take the company to even greater heights," said David Steiner, chair of the Board's Governance, Safety, and Public Policy Committee.

Indians are famous as Yes, Man in western countries. Loyal to the White.

On the other hand, Chinese founded great companies, such as Yahoo, NVIDIA. Or own/invest the companies, such as GE Appliances, AMC, Motorola Mobility, Spotify, Snapchat

On the other hand, Chinese founded great companies, such as Yahoo, NVIDIA. Or own/invest the companies, such as GE Appliances, AMC, Motorola Mobility, Spotify, Snapchat
CEO is not a Yes man. CEO is the top visionary and executive of a Corporation. He will likely be loyal to the founder of FedEx which is logical and a good thing.

CEO is not a Yes man. CEO is the top visionary and executive of a Corporation. He will likely be loyal to the founder of FedEx which is logical and a good thing.
I am not saying Indian CEO are all Yes Man, I am saying overseas Indians in general.

Overpromising is one of Indian character, they sometimes can climb to the top of the ladder.

Last edited:

Yahoo- founder Taiwanese
Nvidia- co founder Taiwanese

Wumao Inc- founders, co founders all Chinese.

I am not saying Indian CEO are all Yes Man, I am saying overseas Indians in general.

Overpromising is one of Indian characteristic, they sometimes can climb to the top of the ladder.
Read the article and see his previous positions at FedEx since 1991. Nobody climbs to the top position of a Corporation, particularly an American corporation in a highly competive environment, by being a Yes man. American corporate environment is the most competitive in the world.

Yahoo- founder Taiwanese
Nvidia- co founder Taiwanese

Wumao Inc- founders, co founders all Chinese.

now now let us not forget China’s biggest contribution so far to humanity

maxresdefault.jpg

Read the article and see his previous positions at FedEx since 1991. Nobody climbs to the top position of a Corporation, particularly an American corporation in a highly competive environment, by being a Yes man. American corporate environment is the most competitive in the world.
True. I worked in US company for more than a decade, I knew.

I am just saying in general, Indians are yes man. I am not the top ranking, what I witnessed are middle management level Indians.

Overpromising is one of Indian characteristic, they sometimes can climb to the top of the ladder.
Your experiences may be true but are anecdotal. I have seen how Indians are a big driving force in the entrepreneurial ecosystems in the US and in cities like Amsterdam and Berlin. Choosing the entrepreneurial path, in my opinion, goes in the opposite direction to subservience. There is some truth to a cultural predisposition towards overpromising and working hard, but that may not always be a negative trait.

Is any single Indian established, Indian origin, Indian-owned company in the list of world's top 50 or 100 in the tech category? name

Facebook?
Twitter?
IBM?
Microsoft?
any actually established or originated from India or Indian?

Is any single Indian established, Indian origin, Indian-owned company in the list of world's top 50 or 100 in the tech category? name

Facebook?
Twitter?
IBM?
Microsoft?
any actually established or originated from India or Indian?

As @vi-va correctly said Indians are Yes masters and this why they are preferred.

Back
Top Bottom