What's new

Indian Air Force wants out of fighter program with Russia

I never said Rafale nor any other fighter jet is better than the other. I do agree that US makes the best weapon systems in the world but it's more about being sanction prone. You may want to argue whatever you want but the perception of US is South Asian countries is different. If we ever go against you or don't comply with your requests & interests, there is a high chance of sanctions, stopping supply of critical components or spares.

Why should my administration make weapon sales to countries that would go against the interests of my country? The onus is on you to prove that you would be loyal and sensitive to my country's interests.

Of course that is pretty evident US has been siding with India only to counter China but hopefully those goodies should've been F-35s/EMALS/Predators instead of F-16s/Guardians if they want us to counter something as big as China

Again, the onus is on you to prove that you have made the switch to be a reliable partner of my country. You have to show clear proof that you have completely divorced your relationship with Russia and would continue to partner with my country. Once you demonstrate your loyalty towards my country's interests, your wish list could be fulfilled.

Why should my administration make weapon sales to countries that would go against the interests of my country? The onus is on you to prove that you would be loyal and sensitive to my country's interests.

Again, the onus is on you to prove that you have made the switch to be a reliable partner of my country. You have to show clear proof that you have completely divorced your relationship with Russia and would continue to partner with my country. Once you demonstrate your loyalty towards my country's interests, your wish list could be fulfilled.
Expecting India to divorce it's relationship with Russia for the sake of US is retarded and that wouldn't happen in your lifetime. The only reason US and India have been cozying up with each other is to counter China but not Russia. In that case, what stopped you from influencing some of your most trusted allies like KSA and Turkey procuring Russian weapons systems, be it the most recently signed deals for the S-400! You should've cancelled your F-35, F-15 & F-18 deals with them right

Expecting India to divorce it's relationship with Russia for the sake of US is retarded and that wouldn't happen in your lifetime. The only reason US and India have been cozying up with each other is to counter China but not Russia. In that case, what stopped you from influencing some of your most trusted allies like KSA and Turkey procuring Russian weapons systems, be it the most recently signed deals for the S-400! You should've cancelled your F-35, F-15 & F-18 deals with them right
Turkey is already an allied nation of the U.S, and a member of the program, while India is not

India wants to be the guy in charge. It sees US as the threat to India's Superpower aspiration. This is obvious as US is the existing superpower.

As per rules of NATO, there is no such law that forbid any member from buying weapons from Russia.

It's the Indian navy thst will get f35

The air force will stick to Rafale and tejas before getting French and USA help to developec amca

Russia has already lost the Indian market

F-35 still have place in IAF that is why IAF may go for it, there will be need of single engine 5th gen workhorse not all missions will be carried out by twin engine heavy birds.

It's not the first time that India has complained about the joint program, but I don't really see an alternative, as I don't think they will get their hands on the F-35 anytime soon

As per rules of NATO, there is no such law that forbid any member from buying weapons from Russia.
It can be argued that it is an unwritten rule if the reaction of Turkey buying S-400 is any indication.

F-35 still have place in IAF that is why IAF may go for it, there will be need of single engine 5th gen workhorse not all missions will be carried out by twin engine heavy birds.

I disagree on F35 joining IAF.............

The investment in Rafale & Tejas MK1A will run into total Sum of over $30 billion
( 2 batches x 36 rafale & 123 tejas ) 200 planes

MKI UPGRADE to Super MKI whivh includes new TVC engine will cost $10 billion
Only 140 mki will be upgraded to super mki and will take 10+ Years

This is IAF done imo until 2030 with that investment

INDIA IS DESPERATE TO GET AMCA built and inducted by 2030 with help from USA this is well feasible

SO the only fifth gen fighter joining IAF will be AMCA in 2030 after Tejas programme closes

F35 will be off the shelf purchase x 40 planes for VIKRANT indengious carrier ,,,,,,,,,,,UNLESS FRANCE seals deal for Rafale

If F-16 comes to India than F-35 will also come to India. Forget FGFA, it's never gonna be a reality. US is not in TOT business.

Turkey is already an allied nation of the U.S, and a member of the program, while India is not
That's the whole point, if they allow their allies to cozy with Russians, we as a long-term friend of Russia shouldn't be asked to cut off our relationship with Russia for satisfying American interests and I'm pretty sure there is no way India would ditch Russia for US. It's all about China and that's the way it should be

I never said there is a law, but when that guy was stating that India should ditch Russia completely in order to get American weapons, it should've asked the same for it's allies or other countries using US weapons when they're buying weapons systems from Russia

I never said there is a law, but when that guy was stating that India should ditch Russia completely in order to get American weapons, it should've asked the same for it's allies or other countries using US weapons when they're buying weapons systems from Russia
If you are marrying a girl, will you allow her to see her other lovers too? while if she has been your wife for over 50 years and some how she befriends new people, you won't be so concerned since you know about her loyalty.

If you are marrying a girl, will you allow her to see her other lovers too? while if she has been your wife for over 50 years and some how she befriends new people, you won't be so concerned since you know about her loyalty.

I disagree on F35 joining IAF.............

The investment in Rafale & Tejas MK1A will run into total Sum of over $30 billion
( 2 batches x 36 rafale & 123 tejas ) 200 planes

MKI UPGRADE to Super MKI whivh includes new TVC engine will cost $10 billion
Only 140 mki will be upgraded to super mki and will take 10+ Years

This is IAF done imo until 2030 with that investment

INDIA IS DESPERATE TO GET AMCA built and inducted by 2030 with help from USA this is well feasible

SO the only fifth gen fighter joining IAF will be AMCA in 2030 after Tejas programme closes

F35 will be off the shelf purchase x 40 planes for VIKRANT indengious carrier ,,,,,,,,,,,UNLESS FRANCE seals deal for Rafale

There is no way AMCA will join IAF by 2030. The question is will AMCA have its first flight by 2030. After the first flight, tag on another 15 years until Indian af induct it. So 2040 is the best case scenario. But by 2050 is more likely..

In another word, get to the first flight before talking about when Indian AF will be getting AMCA.

Instead of relying on foreigners Indians should sit down take a deep breath and start working on the damn thing on their own hook. Otherwise Indians will be nothing but pawns acting in and living for the benefit and interest of the Yankees.

India had tried but they are incapable. That is why their politicians have no confident on Indian arms producer. India will forever be an arm importing nation.

Keep in mind I'm using the term "India" Not individual Indians. Individual Indian is just as smart as a Chinese or American. But as a British created entity, India will never be able to advance itself as how its currently operates and constituted.

There is no way AMCA will join IAF by 2030. The question is will AMCA have its first flight by 2030. After the first flight, tag on another 15 years until Indian af induct it. So 2040 is the best case scenario. But by 2050 is more likely..

In another word, get to the first flight before talking about when Indian AF will be getting AMCA.

IN WHICH CASE PAF WILL HAVE A FIFTH GEN FIGHTER 20 years before THE IAF......

Because IAF will not be buyimng F35 and they certainly will not induct or take part in PAK FA /fgfa

Back
Top Bottom