What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

so how many C17 will india be ordering in total.......... previous and the new ones to gather................

Guys, don't get confused by all the new Boeing aircrafts! :)

We have ordered 8 x P8I and it seems 4 x more are comeing = 12
There is also interest in 10 x C17 as the article at the last page confirms.

Redpearl -

It doesnt say that we have S-300 system. It says we are planning to go for these. But Iam sure we dont have these. Even Prateek cleared this some time back.

I know that and I didn't mention it either.. My post was for everyone to check and not to prove that we have it.. S300 is yet undecided by the force and not yet officially confirmed... Even wiki says: "Still not officially acknowledged"...

As of now we have: SA-6 Gainful
ZRK%20Kub%20(sa-6%20gainful).jpg
SPU-2P25-SA-6-Gainful-Czech-6S.jpg
UT0114718_Pechora_SAM_IAF.jpg

SA-8 Gecko
SA-8_gecko_Osa-AK_air_defense_anti-aircraft_missile_system_India_Indian_army_001.jpg

day_05_05.jpg

And SA-13 Gopher or 9K35 Strela-10

9K35_Strie%C5%82a-10_Dar%C5%82owo_2.JPG

SA-13_Gopher_Czech_Republic_Bhana_2004_01.jpg

That's all that is there in active service.... Rest are either under developement or under procurement....

That is what the Indian Army operates but the IAF has S-125 Neva/Pechora
SA-3_system.jpg
and SA-8 Gecko in air defense role....

It doesnt say that we have S-300 system. It says we are planning to go for these. But Iam sure we dont have these. Even Prateek cleared this some time back.

Actually, there are some articles which say the IAF bought S-300s.

Since 1995 India has been negotiating with Russia regarding purchase of the S-300, in response to Pakistan's deployment of M-11 missiles from China. In 1995 Russian Defense Deputy Minister Kokoshin offered to sell S-300 missiles during his trip to India. Following this offer Indian officials started negotiations with the Russian manufacturers, and in August 1995 the Indian Defense Secretary Nambiar went to Russia to observe tests of the missiles near Moscow. The $1 billion purchase is said to include six S-300 systems, with each combat system consisting of 48 missiles. Reportedly in June 1996 27 S-300 missiles were delivered to India.

Source: S-300PMU SA-10 GRUMBLE - Russia / Soviet Nuclear Forces

Even Wiki says: India has bought six S-300 batteries in August 1995 for $1 billion, probably the S-300PMU-2 version, believed to consist of 48 missiles per system. These will most likely be used in the short-range ballistic-missile defence (BMD) role against Pakistan's M-11 missiles.

Actually, there are some articles which say the IAF bought S-300s.

Source: S-300PMU SA-10 GRUMBLE - Russia / Soviet Nuclear Forces
This is not true, in 1995 we actually trailed, and again in 2000. We didnt buy it because of one reason.

and the reason is the missile failed in our hot climate. The whole deal was kept under wrap, and not much was officially revealed. Even I was a believer of of India having S-300, the PMU2 version however we rejected it.

Back
Top Bottom