What's new

India, with 180 million Muslims, has produced almost no jihadis

You can't deny the fact that many Indians have gone to join ISIS, they are by all accounts terrorists and not freedom fighters.
Now if you compare the Muslim to terrorist ratio then very very few Indian Muslims go to blow themself up in India or abroad and this has to do with the secular nature of India's existence. An Indian Muslim understands tolerance and the importance of religious harmony than many Muslims in Muslim majority countries.
But the foreign funded mullahs in India are trying their level best to destroy the secular attitude in the minds of Indian Muslims.
They are trying to seed the mind with the notion that Muslims can never coexist with non believers.
most Indian muslims are too busy bringing up their kids.. trying earn a decent living ... they still think they got a stake in political system...
its not secularism that pacifies the muslims but the idea that they got some stake in decision making process.. it may or may not be true... parties like congress and left have done a good job in at least listening to demands of muslims.
the danger to the non-involvement of indian muslims in terror activities comes from hindutva groups... not from foreign mullahs... if you feel humiliated, berated, worthless all the time by majority, its not a stretch that you will lose all feeling of ownership towards your own country.

if you feel humiliated, berated, worthless all the time by majority, its not a stretch that you will lose all feeling of ownership towards your own country.
I disagree, India Muslims have equal rights as any other citizen in India, they are not treated like second class citizens in India. If that was the case then there would be no APJ Abdul kalam as president, their would be no Khan rule in Bollywood.
The India dalits are treated far worse than any Muslim, Buddhist or Christian in India.

I disagree, India Muslims have equal rights as any other citizen in India, they are not treated like second class citizens in India. If that was the case then there would be no APJ Abdul kalam as president, their would be no Khan rule in Bollywood.
The India dalits are treated far worse than any Muslim, Buddhist or Christian in India.
the fact that dalits are treated worst than muslims is hardly a consolation for muslims.. you are setting the bar too low... and plz dont APJ me.. I know what is really going on.. am Indian too.

Today the topic would be regarding Indian Muslims then tomorrow it would be regarding native Hindus aka Aryans .

So this topic is not going to take us anywhere.

Majority of Indian Muslims are native Indians and development of Indians for the whole is what the Indian Establishment looks for.

the fact that dalits are treated worst than muslims is hardly a consolation for muslims.. you are setting the bar too low... and plz dont APJ me.. I know what is really going on.. am Indian too.
Reforms have to happen, and there is no other place on earth other than India where it can take place.
India is the birth place of many religions, a cradle for human civilization, reforms will happen here first.
And you know what I mean.

Reforms have to happen, and there is no other place on earth other than India where it can take place.
India is the birth place of many religions, a cradle for human civilization, reforms will happen here first.
And you know what I mean.

Reforms of what ?

Why everything Indian Establishment and Indian citizens have to explain to the whole world ?

Indian Establishment should reconsider relations with other nations when its about National security and national interest of Indian nation .

Terrorism has no religion, only nationality. Weren't Pakistani Hindus (out of own free will) supporting Hafez saeed last week?

@Razia Sultana good thread you views will give more insights regarding Indian Muslims
First, I dont claim to be a representative of muslims or Indian muslims. Second, the title of the thread is unfortunate in the sense it is assumed that all muslims are supposed to be jihadis or terrorists and look how Indian muslims are different. Indian muslims are same as the rest of Indians... some are dark, some are fair, some are educated, some are not, few are rich and most are poor, some are very religious, some are not so religious, a handful are insane and radical while the majority is peaceful. Please try to put people from every community in India into this classification and then tell me the differences between the communities.

India has welcomed all faiths and philosophies on its soil and is a beautiful example of a pluralist society to the extent every Indian takes pride in our unity in diversity. Deobandi, Barelvi, Kadiani, Ahl-e-hadis, Mahdavias and Sufis... all have roots in India and we have no records in our history that they ever fought against each other like different sects did in West Asia. Because perhaps it was only India that offered respect for one's opinions and interpretations. While its unthinkable to have a different interpretation of Islam in Saudi Arabia or Iran or Oman, its only in India where Hanafis, Salafis, Ahmedis, Shias, Sufis and yes Jews live together.

Its interesting to know that Ahl-i-hadis started in India much before the Saud family took over the reigns of kingdom and they implemented wahabism on their soil and now financing it in India and elsewhere. The saudi money is responsible for mushroom growth of Wahabi Madrassas in India which preaches a very rigid philosophy. Unfortunately, our successive governments are busy undoing what Sir Syed Ahmed Khan did when he founded Aligarh Muslim University and when radicalization will start affecting us some Trump will be born here and blame it all on us muslims.

Thats what I am trying to say in this thread that Muslims are like all other communities in India .... Muslims are rich ,poor,dark ,fair like rest of Indians ...but read the arguments how people are trying to paint the whole argument ...but I still stick to one conclusion that Indians who are following Islam as religion are more peaceful when ther are compared with other countries
thanks for your reply
First, I dont claim to be a representative of muslims or Indian muslims. Second, the title of the thread is unfortunate in the sense it is assumed that all muslims are supposed to be jihadis or terrorists and look how Indian muslims are different. Indian muslims are same as the rest of Indians... some are dark, some are fair, some are educated, some are not, few are rich and most are poor, some are very religious, some are not so religious, a handful are insane and radical while the majority is peaceful. Please try to put people from every community in India into this classification and then tell me the differences between the communities.

India has welcomed all faiths and philosophies on its soil and is a beautiful example of a pluralist society to the extent every Indian takes pride in our unity in diversity. Deobandi, Barelvi, Kadiani, Ahl-e-hadis, Mahdavias and Sufis... all have roots in India and we have no records in our history that they ever fought against each other like different sects did in West Asia. Because perhaps it was only India that offered respect for one's opinions and interpretations. While its unthinkable to have a different interpretation of Islam in Saudi Arabia or Iran or Oman, its only in India where Hanafis, Salafis, Ahmedis, Shias, Sufis and yes Jews live together.

Its interesting to know that Ahl-i-hadis started in India much before the Saud family took over the reigns of kingdom and they implemented wahabism on their soil and now financing it in India and elsewhere. The saudi money is responsible for mushroom growth of Wahabi Madrassas in India which preaches a very rigid philosophy. Unfortunately, our successive governments are busy undoing what Sir Syed Ahmed Khan did when he founded Aligarh Muslim University and when radicalization will start affecting us some Trump will be born here and blame it all on us muslims.

Buddy i myself loved , Wasim Akram more then any Indian bowler ...so that dose not mean I am loyal to Pakistan , I consider him Michael Jordan of fast bowling ...I am not completely rejecting what you are saying but still Hindus majority Hindus have this mind set to be skeptical towards Muslims , What if those boys were Hindus and calling Sachin and dedh footya still you consider them as loyal to Pakistan .

Believe me there are more then you think of Muslims working in Intl services of India

Just for your eyes :
dhoni-fan.jpg
Listen idiot!

I understand the difference between being a fan of some sports/great sport-persons and hatred of their own nation. In the anecdote I cited, the case was not of love for any sports. It was hatred of India and the Hindu community that caused them to make anti-India comments. I know because I was the one present there.

Back
Top Bottom