What's new

India wins big in Italy, to get Rs 1,927 crore from Agusta

I'm not crying. Agusta made a mistake and the deal is cancelled. I accept this. The bank will pay the guarantee to damage for Agusta is small and no big problem. One manager made a bad decission and we pay the price. No need to kick on italy, dont you think?

Its not just Agusta suffering, India also suffered a loss - of time and some money. Even the bank guarantee would not be entirely returned.

Well better sell them for a lower price than no profit at all, dont you think?

Of course, but first you need to find a new buyer. So not taking them back and remaining with the money for them + secure maintenance for them over decades is obviously the better choice for AW, but I doubt that the Indian side will be ok with that.
However, more important will be the effect that this might have for other offers of Finmeccanica, because if they will be blacklisted, the damage would be huge.

Of course, but first you need to find a new buyer. So not taking them back and remaining with the money for them + secure maintenance for them over decades is obviously the better choice for AW, but I doubt that the Indian side will be ok with that.
However, more important will be the effect that this might have for other offers of Finmeccanica, because if they will be blacklisted, the damage would be huge.

I assure you the helicopters are great machines and build with best intentions of the workers. It is not their fault that a manager ruined evrything with such a stupid decission.

I assure you the helicopters are great machines and build with best intentions of the workers. It is not their fault that a manager ruined evrything with such a stupid decission.

No doubt about that, would have loved to see it in higher numbers on IN vessels (in uttility transport or even AEW roles) and sure it's not the fault of the workers, but MoD can't simply ignore this case and keep on working with this vendor as nothing happend. At least AW might be blacklisted, which should rule out it's chances for naval LUH deals for IN or ICG too.

No doubt about that, would have loved to see it in higher numbers on IN vessels (in uttility transport or even AEW roles) and sure it's not the fault of the workers, but MoD can't simply ignore this case and keep on working with this vendor as nothing happend. At least AW might be blacklisted, which should rule out it's chances for naval LUH deals for IN or ICG too.

is this forever? this would be bad and unfair i think.

Well and now? An italian court decided in indias favor. Would an indian court do the same if an indian corporation cheated on us?
What was the last century when Italy got cheated?

I'm not crying. Agusta made a mistake and the deal is cancelled. I accept this. The bank will pay the guarantee to damage for Agusta is small and no big problem. One manager made a bad decission and we pay the price. No need to kick on italy, dont you think?

Well, India has not forgotten the murder case of Indian fishermen involving Italian marines. We are waiting to see how justice is served. We also realize why Sonia Gandhi was taking her sweet *** time to do anything about it. She actually turned a blind eye, but luckily the media caught wind of it.

I hope india is fair enough and gives us the 3 helicopters back that we already delivered.
To have an Italy-born lady head the Congress party and stand for elections in India AND to win (by vote!). Hmm...will that happen in Italy Markus ? You are bringing up childish stuff. You need to understand that its Finnmec at fault. Not Italy. Its simply a buyer-seller issue. They will resolve it somehow. FinnM wants to do more business and a minor loss now may open their eyes

Well and now? An italian court decided in indias favor. Would an indian court do the same if an indian corporation cheated on us?

That's the reason why Italian marines were let off trusting your consular's words. But instead what happened? Your government refused to give them up.

This is not some banana republic you are talking about. Wake up and smell the coffee. The country gave a trial even to a murderous terrorist who killed 170+ Indians in front of everyone's eyes.

Back
Top Bottom