INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
India wants to develop a fleet of near fifth-generation fighters with Russia
ALEX LOCKIE0JUL 28, 2016, 10.18 PM
g4sp via Wikimedia Commons
Amid a gridlock between India and Russia on the development of their fifth-generation fighter aircraft (FGFA), India has decided to set up negotiations with Russia to upgrade 194 Sukhoi Indian Air Force Su-30MKIs to a near fifth-generation level for about $8 billion, Defense News reports.
The improved Su-30s will feature advanced stealth technology, longer range missiles and radars, a jointly developed BrahMos supersonic cruise missile, and an advanced suite of avionics.

"[A] major part of the upgrade [to Super Sukhoi] involves avionics and sensors. These are completely new with new systems and new software. Hence it has no relation to old problems with software. Engine issues will have to be dealt with," retired Indian Air Force Air Marshal Muthumanikam Matheswaran told Defense News.

But even improved Su-30s won't do the job needed by the IAF, who have fallen behind with aircraft maintenance.

Furthermore, the move to upgrade the existing aircraft while India and Russia wait for a new generation of fighters represents a kind of half-measure, and it complicates the already fraught joint venture between India and Russia to develop the FGFA.

"Upgrade of the Su-30 will certainly slow the FGFA acquisition primarily due to financial limitations," Matheswaran said. "But upgraded Su-30 is not the same as FGFA."

pak-fa-armament-1920x1080-infographicposter.com.jpg

Indeed the difference between "near fifth generation" and "fifth generation" is a huge. A fifth generation jet should employ an integrated stealth design, internal electronic warfare capabilities, and super-cruise abilities. No matter how much the Su-30 is upgraded, the basics, like an airframe lacking internal weapons bays and other stealth features, cannot be tacked on at this late stage.

In fact, the FGFA, also known as the PAK FA or the T-50, already hardly meets the requirements of the "fifth generation" aircraft as defined by planes like the F-22 and F-35.

http://www.businessinsider.in/India...fighters-with-Russia/articleshow/53439133.cms

Fine. India should upgrade its Su-30s as they are much needed, but stop this nonsense of calling it a "near fifth generation" aircraft when it's anything but.

India should get in line for F-35. It could get that
plane before PAKFA is ready.

I don't understand why they always need someone else to develop an 'indigenous' plane. Same as Brahmos, almost every tom dick and harry knows the crucial technologies and parts are controlled by the Russians, they are just there to do screwdriver tech.

I don't understand why they always need someone else to develop an 'indigenous' plane. Same as Brahmos, almost every tom dick and harry knows the crucial technologies and parts are controlled by the Russians, they are just there to do screwdriver tech.

Don't you still know what Indigenous plan mean? it mean India-genius plan which to pay other to do the development job and simply brag it as Indigenous :rofl:, we Chinese work hard but Indian are genius, they can pay other to do the same job: while our workers worked day and night, blood and sweat on Loaning, Indian can just pay Russia to get Vikramatiya done..that I call genius.

Last edited:
Don't you still know what Indigenous plan mean? it mean India-genius plan which to pay other to do the development job and simply brag it as Indigenous :rofl:, we Chinese work hard but Indian are genius, they can pay other to do the same job.

Great Knowledge you have about our land

Don't you still know what Indigenous plan mean? it mean India-genius plan which to pay other to do the development job and simply brag it as Indigenous :rofl:, we Chinese work hard but Indian are genius, they can pay other to do the same job: while our workers worked day and night, blood and sweat on Loaning, Indian can just pay Russia to get Vikramatiya done..that I call genius.
you chineese steal hard
chineese are best when come to steal other tech

you chineese steal hard
chineese are best when come to steal other tech
We don't just steal, we copy, beg, borrow, absorb, learn and innovate. If only reverse engineering is so easy:bunny:

Great Knowledge you have about our land
I had always wondered why India need to buy a Russian carrier when she claims to have an indigenous one.

why are you laugh on india? india do not steal tech from no body they share with othe its name develop toghther
for some country is more easy to develop for some not they have limit defence budget

why are you laugh on india? india do not steal tech from no body they share with othe its name develop toghther
for some country is more easy to develop for some not they have limit defence budget
I am lazy to repeat, i laugh because they brag and boast about their 'indigenous' platforms, most of the time developed out of thin air and downloaded into their brains. It doesn't matter if you copy, steal, beg, borrow but at least don't brag about it. Understand?

well barak 8 they develop toghter with us
well isreal also develop david silling and arrow 1 2 3 with usa so what i cant say isreal dont have natural defence insurtry

Last edited:
Don't preach. Your twaddle is hilarious. You guys don't have any originality. Stealing designs from the Americans and Russians is par for the course for you guys. So don't give us this bull of your workers working day and night to produce original stuff. Heck you fellows can't even produce a fighter aircraft engine and have to import them from Russia! :P

lol, an Indian pretend to be a jew````

p.s India is the world's biggest violator of software and pharmaceutical IP``especially in the latter field, 80%, I'd say occurred in India by Indian companies

p.s.s you know, you Indians cant hide behind any flags, because, as soon as you open your mouth, your sheer ignorance will revel your true identity

p.s.s.s you know in world small arm industry, there is a joke````it goes like this 'India's failed kalashnikov copy upsets Russia'

Don't preach. Your twaddle is hilarious. You guys don't have any originality. Stealing designs from the Americans and Russians is par for the course for you guys. So don't give us this bull of your workers working day and night to produce original stuff. Heck you fellows can't even produce a fighter aircraft engine and have to import them from Russia! :P
heck, that 'stealing' leads us to the most innovative country in the world according WIPO, yet you primitive India cant even mount to the size of A private Chinese firm in terms of innovation and invention````

well, i guess those toilet paper vendor in Yiwu, China, must be making loads of money from Indians````

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom