What's new

India vehemently ratifies the two nation theory after 8 decades of denial.

It doesn't really matter. Such perceptions, and their opposites, will be shaped more on the economic front rather than any rhetoric on either side.
That may have been the case before, where a ‘secular’ India could have offered a hypothetical ‘shelter from the storm’, but with the extremely strong perceptions in Pakistan about the violent, anti-Muslim nature of the BJP and a majority of Indian voters supporting that same BJP, most Pakistanis aren’t buying it and won’t buy it.

What will likely happen, if things on the economic & governance front don’t improve AND IK loses support, is the rise of the religious right.

That may have been the case before, where a ‘secular’ India could have offered a hypothetical ‘shelter from the storm’, but with the extremely strong perceptions in Pakistan about the violent, anti-Muslim nature of the BJP and a majority of Indian voters supporting that same BJP, most Pakistanis aren’t buying it and won’t buy it.

What will likely happen, if things on the economic & governance front don’t improve AND IK loses support, is the rise of the religious right.

The outcomes will be interesting to observe, that is for sure.

Regardless of what any Pakistani including myself think about Modi, India has decided. Being a moderate & liberal, victory of the extreme right annoys me but I have to lump it.

If this is what the majority of Indians want, even though it goes against the spirit of co-existence preached by Gandhi Ji, who are we to argue otherwise? We can't change our neighbor and Pakistan has to somehow find a way to live with the Modi gov't for another 5 years without going to war.

The saddest thing is that even after 8 decades Pakistanis are still looking to ratify their own two nation theory :lol:

So that means they don't even trust or respect their founders. This lack of confidence in nation's foundation and institutions is why Pakistanis are identityless people all over the world.

which statement caries more weight?
one person says X and 2nd person says Y
both say X

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom