What's new

India, US finalise Rs 3,000 crore deal for jet engines

You conduct last nuclear tests in 1998: 1+9+9+8 = 27 --> 2+7 = 9
and concluded tests on 13 May, 1998: 1+3+5+1+9+9+8 = 36 --> 3+6 = 9
:bounce::bounce:

Chacha Jaan aap abhi tak yehi hain...kahi gaye nahin :cheesy:

Ahhh! Hmm! Ok! I'm excited to see how Indian defence is going through such show off. Looks really stupid.

my dear friend,i know u people hate us ,but never thought hatred can change normal people into idiots like you,so calm down and think u will understand and iam sure u will get over it.

NEW DELHI: India and the US have finalised a Rs 3000-crore deal for supplying 99 jet engines to be used in the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft 'Tejas' being developed by the DRDO.

Around two years ago, India had selected the American company General Electric over its rival European Eurojet 2000 for the LCA Mark II programme expected to be ready around 2014-15.

"The deal worth Rs 3,000 crore has been finalised with the US for procuring 99 engines for the LCA Tejas MkII," DRDO officials said here.

As per the contract, the order could be for 99 engines initially but India will have the option of ordering another 100 engines in the future.

The engine on offer for the LCA Mark II is GE F-414 engine, which are more powerful that the GE F-404 engines fitted in the first batch of LCAs that the Indian Air Force would receive in near future.

The need for changing the existing engines in the LCAs was felt after the IAF found out that the GE-404 engines were not providing enough power to the aircraft and more powerful engines were needed for the purpose.

The DRDO is developing the LCA Mk II to meet the Air Force requirements and it will have latest technological equipment including the Active Electronic Scanned Array (AESA) radar and would be able to carry more payload than the LCA Mk I.

Recently, the trials of the LCA Mk I were carried out in Pokharan desert firing range where laser-guided bombs and other weapon systems were tried.

As per the current plans, the IAF will induct twosquadrons of the LCA Mk I which would be followed by delivery of LCA Mk II aircraft.

India, US finalise Rs 3,000 crore deal for jet engines - The Economic Times

Bwahahahahahaha! Indigenous! My A$$.

Bwahahahahahaha! Indigenous! My A$$.

Exactly, just like your A... is indigenous for you, LCA is for India, since it is developed and owned by India. Integrating foreign parts doesn't change that, just like getting Jenifer Lopez style A... implants would make your A... less indigenous for you isn't it? :azn:

@ All! Let's stop the uselss calculations or talks here and stick to topic again!

Exactly, just like your A... is indigenous for you, LCA is for India, since it is developed and owned by India. Integrating foreign parts doesn't change that, just like getting Jenifer Lopez style A... implants would make your A... less indigenous for you isn't it? :azn:

@ All! Let's stop the uselss calculations or talks here and stick to topic again!

Sancho, this isn't u...........:D

Sancho's account has been Hacked :woot:

TAKING AWAY THE SILLY COMMENTS FROM OUR FRIENDS FROM BANGLEDASH & THEIR BROS from PAKISTAN.

THIS IS VERY GOOD NEWS RE TEJAS PROGRAMME.

IT MEANS BECAUSE INDIA HAVE SIGNED A DEAL FOR $600million for 99 engines THE IAF is serious about getting TEJAS MK2 up and running.. THIS INDIAN WILL eventually have their 125+ tejas mk1& mk2 RUNNING ALONGSIDE 125 rafale and 270 su30mki.

ALL THIS BEFORE THE THE COUP DA GRAIS ie the iceing on the cake in 2022+ and the indo russian FGFA

Actually, things are moving at gr8 pace for LCA mark2. One of friend works for ADA, and his team is working day nigh without break(they are working of weekends, holiday), and when i checked with him, he told me that for out side there are lot of stories(how fail is) for LCA , but the ground realities are very different(Things are getting very fast and actually the plane is going to be a big sucess).:victory:

That just shows how show off they are. They want to show that even they can build one indigenous! Crap.

Mr Genius....Did you ever make any "Paracetamol" at your home? First make yourself independent from your dalal AL then come here to teach about who has invented much than other....

All that BS, doesn't change the fact that LCA is not indigenous.

Back
Top Bottom