What's new

India train crash: Death Toll Raised To 309 After Odisha incident

Doesn't matter... it can be put as an example for three countries.... India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. All three have the same issues.

No it's not.

However if Indian minister refuses to resign like Pakistan's railways minister refused to resign in wake of Tezgam Inferno and if you see Indians blaming the victims either on class lines or sectarian lines supported by government media directives, then it would be slightly the same.

Bangladesh is different. If Hasina felt like it or her business got effected by the incident, she would have the minister killed for negligence.

Any body travelling in Indian trains would say Indian railway infrastructure has improved vastly last 10 year not withstanding what happened yesterday due to human error and plain unluck that another train came minutes after one train was derailed and bogies spilling over to other track.

I am not denying the fact that it didn't improve in last 10 years or so. My intention was to point out towards the difference in demand/utilization of a service viz a viz supply/quality of service. In my opinion, given increase of number of the commuters/travelers & train routes/quantity; the improvement in services should have been doubled arguably, so far done in last 10 years since a large number of Indians always compares their achievements or improvements at par China or E/U per say but on the same time; it more appears to be a politically motivated trend settling of narrative contrary to real time achievements.

For example; ask any Pakistani, unless he is so delusional with PPP governance; will tell you that how Bhutto/Zardari clan successfully advertised themselves the best in governance but only on papers. In reality; Sindh Province hasn't improved the 40% of amount they spent till date. Honestly, I have been generous to mention 40% otherwise, it is like they merely spent for public service, what they mostly spend on their shopping tour.

Human error exists, no denial. Mistakes happens, no denial. Machinery could be faulty, no denial. But, the point is; what so far being done and how much of energy, competence, skills & money being truly spent to avoid such a tragedy.

@CallSignMaverick, you were praising India's railways very recently, why are you so quiet all of a sudden? What do you have to say now?

If Modi had focused on improving the existing railway network instead of lavishing attention on vanity projects such as bullet trains, these deaths could have been prevented.

That is because those damned people who rule our unfortunate country have spent their time on vanity projects intended to flatter the Prime Minister and to give him photo opportunities, rather than concentrating on mundane things like passenger safety and cleanliness on trains.

How I hate them.
That is much much better than State of Pakistan at least - What makes me happy is seeing a country in South East Asia doing wonders by going to Space and what not - I know its big country with Big Population, Band there is long way to go but at least India is on right Track unlike Milirtaistan -
Having said that I wouldn't Discount Indian Strides as mere photoshop ops and pompous

Swain being swine as usual.

The dead bodies of passengers killed in the Balasore train accident are being kept on ice slabs at a large place.

Son of a... That's some Auschwitz like sh!t.

Imagine how their families and relatives would feel when they see the bodies of their loved ones strewn across the floor like this.

Sickening.

Can't expect much from bureaucrats, it seems. At the moment, all they're trying to do is find the perfect scapegoat to put the blame of this horrific incident. Every man for himself.

@CallSignMaverick, you were praising India's railways very recently, why are you so quiet all of a sudden? What do you have to say now?

If Modi had focused on improving the existing railway network instead of lavishing attention on vanity projects such as bullet trains, these deaths could have been prevented.
As if Bullet trains don't derail?

It is an accident but what does it have to do with me or Modi? It was an unlucky scenario for the trai that it got derailed and it involved two other trains as well.

And we'll continue investing money in "vanity" projects and improve existing one.

As if Bullet trains don't derail?

It is an accident but what does it have to do with me or Modi? It was an unlucky scenario for the trai that it got derailed and it involved two other trains as well.

And we'll continue investing money in "vanity" projects and improve existing one.

So what do you think of this latest accident in India? That's a lot of dead people even by the usual Indian standards.

Now imagine how many people will die from Indian bullet train accidents.

So what do you think of this latest accident in India? That's a lot of dead people even by the usual Indian standards.

Now imagine how many people will die from Indian bullet train accidents.
Shinkansen has much better safety record than any bullock cart you use back home :lol:.

Apparently all your posts are India-centric, such an unemployed online troll.

Shinkansen has much better safety record than any bullock cart you use back home :lol:.

Apparently all your posts are India-centric, such an unemployed online troll.

Yes, but Shinkansen are run by the Japanese, who are a safety-conscious and disciplined people. What will happen to those Japanese bullet trains once Indians get their hands on them?

Yes, but Shinkansen are run by the Japanese, who are a safety-conscious and disciplined people. What will happen to those Japanese bullet trains once Indians get their hands on them?
They'll work normally as they should, don't know about the safety of your bullock carts though.
Get some work.

They'll work normally as they should, don't know about the safety of your bullock carts though.
Get some work.

How will the bullet trains work as they should when India can't manage low-tech passenger trains without horrendous casualties?

The death toll is now approaching 300, with almost 1000 people injured, by the way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom