What's new

India to trigger economic boom by giving mobiles to the poor

At the end of the day even if mobiles are distributed the poor has to still call the same old corrupt civil servant from whom the government want s to protect.
He won't be calling directly to MMS or sonia or rahul, even if a poor calls the PM directly his hands are tied by coalition politics to care for the poor or the nation.
They have to bring in laws like jan lokpal to root out corruption and not distribute mobiles, which they won't.

To sum it up this is just a 2014 poll gimmick and sadly the ppl will fall for it and hence the rape of my mother nation continues....

Will probably end up like the "laptop" scam we had in Punjab - the politician has to "wet" his beak - hundreds of millions of rupees will end up in their pockets, and the poor deluded masses will continue to vote for them, welcome to democracy South Asian style.

Will probably end of like the "laptop" scam we had in Punjab - the politician has to "wet" his beak - hundreds of millions of rupees will end up in their pockets, and the poor deluded masses will continue to vote for them, welcome to democracy South Asian style.
I think its the first time I agree with you. Correct example.

Well, it is better than distributing free colour TVs, like a previous government in TN did. That was pure bribery with no larger benefits to society, this at least has the potential to empower people, and to cause an economic boom at the lowest and most fundamental level.

cheap cheap politics by congress. its nothing less than cash for votes IMO.

.... BTW whose gonna pay for the recharge ?? :D

Well, it is better than distributing free colour TVs, like a previous government in TN did. That was pure bribery with no larger benefits to society, this at least has the potential to empower people, and to cause an economic boom at the lowest and most fundamental level.

I totally disagree with that buddy.

Today there is no one in India who does not have a mobile phone..even the daily labourers, domestic wokers and even illegal BD imigrants have the mobile phones. If there is any poor person left who does not have a mobile phone, belive me then tha perosn does not need a mobile phone..cause he needs the basics like food and shelter. We have hundred of beggars who die on roads withoit proper treatment and families going hungry daily...we havent done anything for them..and then comes the group who are a little better than these , who can afford food and house and belive me they all have mobile phones....so this is nothing but wrong selection of priority.

Another stupid idea by the GOI, waste a ton of cash on this instead of providing health care, food, education to the 500 million poor who have nothing in India, no wonder India is ranked along side Sub Saharan Africa

CRAP!! Mobiles to Poor so that they can only bring boom in Congress's polls. Cheap Sonia Gandhi very Cheap!!!!

An India that's running short of ideas to cure the current economic wounds。

Feed the people first.This year is already declared drought year.Fire sharad powar from agriculture ministry.

So giving poor people something to waste time on instead of working will help them move up in society? Okay.

Looks like you poor indians just lost 2 billion dollars instead of building grain shelters.

So giving poor people something to waste time on instead of working will help them move up in society? Okay.

Looks like you poor indians just lost 2 billion dollars instead of building grain shelters.
whats the best way t o keep rulers in power???
....Keep pubic in poverty. Occasionally release some fund for idiotic schemes which ultimately goes to the ruler's coffers.Its like a drug addict kept into slavery by the drug mafia by occasionally giving him doses of drug.Drug addict will do anything for free for the mafia for that single dose of drug.

Here drug addict is the public and drug mafia are the ruling political class.

So how to break this vicious cycle of misery and poverty.....
Start movement at grassroot level.....ie the maoist movement.

whats the best way t o keep rulers in power???
....Keep pubic in poverty. Occasionally release some fund for idiotic schemes which ultimately goes to the ruler's coffers.Its like a drug addict kept into slavery by the drug mafia by occasionally giving him doses of drug.Drug addict will do anything for free for the mafia for that single dose of drug.

Here drug addict is the public and drug mafia are the ruling political class.

So how to break this vicious cycle of misery and poverty.....
Start movement at grassroot level.....ie the maoist movement.

Tell me about it. In Pakistan the common man seems to get more poor and less educated by each generation, while the land owners and army/gov get richer.

Since laptops/computers are not eaisly accessible for everyone, cellphones could be a possible solution to fight poverty and education. It really depends how well thought out the plan is and how well it is implemented. A regular cellphone would not cut it. A smartphone would be required to make a difference in ppl's lives. The idea I believe is that even educational resources via mobile platforms could make a world of difference for the poor. The sites that they have access to should list every possible means from the law, filinf reports, law, agriculture. support, etc. The possibilities are endless but it really needs planning to implement what I mentioned. More than economic boom, it could life society from thebackwardness we have seen in lawless parts of the country where feudal rules still apply. I only hope such a plan as I mentioned is in the works.

Hell these phones could have such informational sites built into the phones so that provide accurate info from trustworthy sources. You could online polls with greater accuracy as long you provide reliable verified ID's. I could go on and on...

Back
Top Bottom