What's new

India to hire 10,000 teachers from Taiwan to learn Chinese language

Plus it's rare to learn another language in Madrassa in Pakistan and rest of the world.

In general, it may be fine. However, the Chinese system in mainland China is different from what Taiwan uses. So those indian students may need re-learn some again when they are in China.

Since I learned english as a foreign language and I learned Chinese as mother tongue, I'd always curious to know how would it like for studying Chinese as a foreign language?
What would be the most difficult part?

Writing. The script used in Chinese is made on different principles from the scripts used in India. So I guess that would be the major hurdle.
Speaking will not be too difficult since the sounds are not radically different.

In general, it may be fine. However, the Chinese system in mainland China is different from what Taiwan uses. So those indian students may need re-learn some again when they are in China.

right. And the traditional words are even harder to learn, so it is better to hire teachers directly from mainland China, also higher quality and less money.

How much are they going to pay the teachers? 10,000 teachers, say on average 2000 dollars a month, would cost 20 million dollars a month. This is quite a budget

How much are they going to pay the teachers? 10,000 teachers, say on average 2000 dollars a month, would cost 20 million dollars a month. This is quite a budget

Thats not too much on a national scale... additionally the govt most likely will provide accommodation and daily allowance as well. On top of it the students will be required to pay some fees to cover a part of the cost.

does that mean they'll teach the traditional script? ouch... writing that seriously hurts my hands.

China is an Interesting country. It's cool to hear some Indian students wanting to get closer to its culture. What a way to do it by learning their language.

It should be encouraged.

does that mean they'll teach the traditional script? ouch... writing that seriously hurts my hands.

traditional is handy too, i think you can easily understand simplified if you know traditional, but its more difficult the other way around.

How useful will this be? They'd be learning the harder traditional Chinese wouldn't they?

traditional is handy too, i think you can easily understand simplified if you know traditional, but its more difficult the other way around.

Not really. When I first moved to the states, the local library only had Chinese books from Taiwan (damn commies literature ain't allowed in North Carolina) and I remember reading those just fine.

Taiwanese have attrocious accents, even the post-1949 immigrants fall far short, in term of pronunciation, of average Mainlanders.

I do not think so. I learn simplified China since I was little child in China. However, I have no problem reading those books printed in traditional Chinese from TW and HK since age 5.

Back
Top Bottom