What's new

India to buy 50 more Sukhoi Su-30MKIs!!

Yah sorry, the argument went on a different path.

So, India buying 50 more MKI, GoP doesn't seem to be bothered to finger any ( as always) ;)

Friend in past whenever india use to buy jet fighter quickly pakistan use to responce by ordering jet fighters too but now it seems pak gave up. They turned heavely into missiles. They not replying india because they aint got much money. India purchasing alot lethel weapons and from pakistan sides we are getting news that pak building more missiles. It seems pak gave up now. They will be heavely depended on missiles but once our defence missile ready than i think pak would be sort of panic. They need to build other weapons too so if missile came short than they can use alternative. America offering india patriotic defence system. India building defence missile which is believe to be superior than patriotic-3. i seen the test video it made our eyes glow. Just after us japan too tested similar missile. Only america, india and japan have or working on this missiles. Pak need to search alternative as soon as possible. Now india inducting 50 sukhoi-30MKI, MMRCA, 5th generation jet fighter by 2014 or 2015 if delayed. Pak hasn't answer yet to that.

Friend in past whenever india use to buy jet fighter quickly pakistan use to responce by ordering jet fighters too but now it seems pak gave up. They turned heavely into missiles. They not replying india because they aint got much money. India purchasing alot lethel weapons and from pakistan sides we are getting news that pak building more missiles. It seems pak gave up now. They will be heavely depended on missiles but once our defence missile ready than i think pak would be sort of panic. They need to build other weapons too so if missile came short than they can use alternative. America offering india patriotic defence system. India building defence missile which is believe to be superior than patriotic-3. i seen the test video it made our eyes glow. Just after us japan too tested similar missile. Only america, india and japan have or working on this missiles. Pak need to search alternative as soon as possible. Now india inducting 50 sukhoi-30MKI, MMRCA, 5th generation jet fighter by 2014 or 2015 if delayed. Pak hasn't answer yet to that.

I think what Pakistan is doing is right. We know our economy is weak and we can't afford expensive fighter jets so we decided to go for missiles.

As far as anti-missile technology is concerned, the current tech requires 10-15 min prior warning in case of missile coming. and in our case, it only takes 7-8 mins to hit the target so your anti-missile technology is not enough.
:pakistan:

I hope they don't just buy new MKIs, but get directly the upgraded version with new engine and radar...

I think that s how it will be. Getting a base version first and then getting it upgraded doesn't make sense. Maybe that explains the high cost as well (upwards of 20k crore, from the article).

So will this new development also have an effect to MMRCA? I mean more heavy weight fighters means more operational costs and FGFA will be also not a small fighter (possibly the size of F18). Could this be an advantage to single engine fighters, or those fighters that can have low operational costs?

I don't think it will have any affect on the type of aircraft that the IAF chooses. The RFP is already set. So, both developments are independent of each other. However, I do feel that after this development the IAF may not exercise the option of buying additional MRCAs over the 126 that is planned. Also, I feel the IAF might limit the LCA order to around 150-160 (based on engine RFP) and may not order more.

4-5 Billion $$$ for 50 Su 30MKI aircraft!!!

that is humongous amount for one aircraft, meaning 80-100 million $ for one

Mr Screaming Skull

Can i ask these?
are these aircraft scheduled to be delivered by 2015?
I've heard about negotiations for up gradation of present Su 30MKI b/w India and Russia, have they reached any??
If any what upgrades can we expect(like Radar)??
Why has the cost/aircraft gone up?

any info about reduction in RCS of these, new tech(smart skin)??

No offense to any of Indian brothers in this forum but 80-100 mil $ for Su 30MKI , that is more than Rafael and almost equivalent to Eurofighter fielded for MMRCA competetion!!!

anyways :toast_sign: to IAF

The cost mentioned in the article needn't be accurate. Let us wait for an official confirmation. Even if the figure is right, it s got be for the upgraded version. Remember, the report also says this-"each aircraft could cost 10 per cent more". Now 20k crore for an order of 50 base version MKIs is certainly not '10% more'.

Regarding the contract for upgrades, it is most likely to be signed in october

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-defence/32727-indo-russian-negotiations-sukhoi-upgrade-conclude-oct-year.html

However, I do feel that after this development the IAF may not exercise the option of buying additional MRCAs over the 126 that is planned. Also, I feel the IAF might limit the LCA order to around 150-160 (based on engine RFP) and may not order more.
I have the same feeling about LCA now, cause except the Bisons there are nearly 190 Mig 21 to be replaced. We know that 40 LCA MK1 could be ordered, also that 100 new engines for LCA MK2 will be ordered + 50 new MKIs would replace the 1 by 1.
MMRCA instead could also have a relation to the Jaguar upgrade, because they might not all be upgraded. Possibly only a similar number like the upg Mig 27 will be left and those Jags which will be phased out could be replaced by additional MMRCAs. Specially if the Jag upg will also be so expensive like the Mirage 2000 upg, licence building of more MMRCAs will be better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom