What's new

India to Boost BrahMos Supersonic Missile’s Range To 1000 Km Thanks To Russian Upgrade Of Onyx Missile

Speed that generates friction and a massive IR signature. Each aspect has advantages and disadvantages.

Completed Agree.

But when come to cruise missiles that it can fly just above the sea surface and will be very effective and impactful. Yes, sub-sonic missiles would be more maneuverable but reduced effectiveness if there are good countermeasures.

Anyhow, IN much needs such missiles against specific Chinese navy in the Indian ocean.

Which supersonic cruise missile use by PAF? share the details please

Read my post above, the answer is given. I said somewhere I was excited because this test created "competition" for us. So now we have to also "test" some counter capability :enjoy:. But to answer your question, some of our platforms are ready to go with MAR1, CM400 AKG, etc.

Pakistan Air launch missile is sub-sonic but it is supersonic... It is a critical difference when come to SAM missile defence.

Also, I do wanted to address something. SAM can only "attempt" to shoot down what it can "see" and can zero in on.

Completed Agree.

But when come to cruise missiles that it can fly just above the sea surface and will be very effective and impactful. Yes, sub-sonic missiles would be more maneuverable but reduced effectiveness if there are good countermeasures.

Anyhow, IN much needs such missiles against specific Chinese navy in the Indian ocean.
They are also required up north - some of the Chinese bases are located further back from the LAC and to be kept suppressed in the early stages of a conflict.

In either case - the Onyx has probably the best investment India has done in defense in the last 40 years

Back
Top Bottom