What's new

India to become world's largest economy by 2050: Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows... if you can grow up to 10% growth for a decade you can catch up to China.

1. check with india's growth rate, it is highly unstable in the past 30 years.

2. even if they keep make it 10% every year for the next 10 years, it won't help much. it is like saying "oh, I am 2 years younger than my brother so I will be 2 years older than him in just 4 years!".

3. national economic development is associated with many facts, e.g.:
-> can the regime in india keep those freedom fighters in check and ensure a stable economic enviornment?
-> is it possible for india to eventually get more of those low end jobs moving out from China?
-> will there be a war that set india back for decades?

As per the report, Indian economy will reach $85.97 trillion size in terms of purchasing power parity by 2050
And where would these trillions be stashed? Switzerland, Cayman Islands, Mauritius? :cheesy:

NEW DELHI: Surpassing China, India will become the world's largest economy by 2050, says a report.

"China will overtake the US to become the world's largest economy by 2020, which in turn will be overtaken by India in 2050," according to Wealth Report 2012 by Knight Frank & Citi Private Bank.

As per the report, Indian economy will reach $85.97 trillion size in terms of purchasing power parity by 2050, while the Chinese GDP would be $80.02 trillion during the same period.

The US -- currently the world's largest economy -- is expected to have a GDP of $39.07 trillion by 2050.

Other nations in the top ten list of world's largest economies would be Indonesia (4th), Brazil (5th), Nigeria (6th):what:, Russia (7th), Mexico (8th), Japan (9th) and Egypt (10th).

In terms of growth from 2010-2050, India would be the second fastest with its economy growing at the rate of eight per cent in the period.

With a pace of 8.5%, Nigeria would be the fastest growing economy during the same period, the report said.

In 2010, India was world's fourth largest economy with a value of $3.92 trillion compared to China's $9.98 trillion and America's $14.12 trillion.

The report named Surat and Nagpur among fast-growing cities to watch in 2050.

"We believe the cities to watch in 2050 are the 400 emerging market middleweights - fast growing cities with populations between 200,000 and 10 million.

"This dynamic group includes many cities that are not household names today: Linyi, Kelamayi and Guiyang in China; Surat and Nagpur in India; Concepcion and Belem in Latin America," it said.

So here few members wer stating that now India is back to rickshaw growth and that west has loose all faith in Indian economy here is a report by world's biggest bank ie top notch economists of world.

You are going to make it Trolling hub....for Chinese and Pakistanis:butcher:

I dont care about 2050....I worry about 2012 and coming 6-7 years.....

THis means that of India maintains defence spending at 2% of GDP as it is today the defence budget by 2050 will be >1.6 TRILLION/year!!!!

I think India will become the World's Largest Economy by year 2550.

In the other indian navy thread you were owned for not comprehending simple english.... your comprehension skills havent improved much... :lol:

the article says its 2050...

I guess we are talking about roughly 8% growth for 4 consecutive decades and assuming that China's growth will be declined to 5% for same period and ignoring other dozens of factors.

I guess we are talking about roughly 8% growth for 4 consecutive decades and assuming that China's growth will be declined to 5% for same period and ignoring other dozens of factors.

well yes, these are some pretty tall claims which can be challenged by anyone.... which is however entirely different from making idiotic comments like by 2550 India will have the largest economy.

guys work hard now.. lets see what happens in 2050... lets live in present..work hard now.. future will be bright on its own... but these reports should make us to work even more harder....we should make this come true... jai hind.. :)

guys work hard now.. lets see what happens in 2050... lets live in present..work hard now.. future will be bright on its own... but these reports should make us to work even more harder....we should make this come true... jai hind.. :)

Chill maro yaar, who know who will be there to see 2050. Enjoy life

In the other indian navy thread you were owned for not comprehending simple english.... your comprehension skills havent improved much... :lol:

the article says its 2050...

I know the thread says 2050, I just believe their estimate is off by 400 years.

Are you really that Thick and totally oblivious of the expression " Tongue in Cheek " ?

When I said India will become the largest economy by 2550, it was a " Tongue in Cheek " Comment, Genius.

I know the thread says 2050, I just believe their estimate is off by 400 years.

Are you really that Thick and totally oblivious of the expression " Tongue in Cheek " ?

When I said India will become the largest economy by 2550, it was a " Tongue in Cheek " Comment, Genius.

nobody gives a rat a$$ to what you believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom