What's new

India to base first squadron of Rafale fighter jets in Bengal

Here is a snipt it on USA pilots experience in india in 2004 far more recent the your examples

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/exercise-iaf-usaf-su30-f15-article01.html

THE ARTCILE IS FROM A USA MAGAZINE and calls for a rethink in usa pilot training as they got battered in dog fights by indian bisons and mki pilots

THE INDIANS TRAIN VERY HARD and have developed some world class tactics relevant to sub continent fighting

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...EDB710229FDE70B9A6DDEDB710229FDE70B&FORM=VIRE

THAT vedio says it all

India trains with the best
Has some world class technology that even now PAF does not have access too
And as I indicated the Indians have better training options via far more money

Here is a snipt it on USA pilots experience in india in 2004 far more recent the your examples

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/exercise-iaf-usaf-su30-f15-article01.html

THE ARTCILE IS FROM A USA MAGAZINE and calls for a rethink in usa pilot training as they got battered in dog fights by indian bisons and mki pilots

THE INDIANS TRAIN VERY HARD and have developed some world class tactics relevant to sub continent fighting

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...EDB710229FDE70B9A6DDEDB710229FDE70B&FORM=VIRE
In these offensive and defensive missions, four F-15Cs were usually flying against 10 or 12 of the same model Indian fighter, according to Col. Greg Neubeck, deputy commander of operations for the wing’s 3rd Operations Group and exercise director for Cope India.

“What we faced were superior numbers, and an IAF pilot who was very proficient in his aircraft and smart on tactics. That combination was tough for us to overcome,” Neubeck said.
And about Typhoons they were not allowed to use all technologies in these exercises. Match fix kr k khelte ho.
And about F 15s when they were first inducted by USA they won all encounters against all allies of US in euorope,asia,australia but they lost few only to old Pakistani fighters in 1980s. Only airforce to do that at that time when F15 was a next generation aircraft.

Last edited:
In these offensive and defensive missions, four F-15Cs were usually flying against 10 or 12 of the same model Indian fighter, according to Col. Greg Neubeck, deputy commander of operations for the wing’s 3rd Operations Group and exercise director for Cope India.

“What we faced were superior numbers, and an IAF pilot who was very proficient in his aircraft and smart on tactics. That combination was tough for us to overcome,” Neubeck said.
And about Typhoons they were not allowed to use all technologies in these exercises. Match fix kr k khelte ho.
And about F 15s when they were first inducted by USA they won all encounters against all allies of US in euorope,asia,australia but they lost few only to old Pakistani fighters in 1980s. Only airforce to do that at that time when F15 was a next generation aircraft.
???? So Far NO F15 have been lost to combat i.e. air to air kills .... so what are u smoking????

???? So Far NO F15 have been lost to combat i.e. air to air kills .... so what are u smoking????
I was talking about exercises that took part when US was only country using it.

and one thing more. No country reveals exercise results with friendly countries speially when they do more scores. It is supposed to be insulting and degrading the friendly country airforce. But indian government and armed forces always want to give something to the audience.

lol

Why Rafale when there were so much better options. May be French bribed Modi

Those Rafale toys are for our boys to play around. We are thinking about much better options too.

Interesting development. BD Army should take note. start making plans to procure fighter jets from China

When China itself is buying aircrafts from Russia , what you are going to do after taking the" Note". Go back to work . Don't think big.

and one thing more. No country reveals exercise results with friendly countries speially when they do more scores. It is supposed to be insulting and degrading the friendly country airforce. But indian government and armed forces always want to give something to the audience.
U need to read what you post

Which exercise are you talking about , where is your source remember your quote works here too
"No country reveals exercise results with friendly countries speially when they do more scores."

It was to show case profeiency or professionlism is not limited to just PAF.

and no air force trains with FULL radar and EW suites inndia refused to use certain systems in USA excercises in red flag

U need to read what you post

Which exercise are you talking about , where is your source remember your quote works here too
"No country reveals exercise results with friendly countries speially when they do more scores."
It was to show case profeiency or professionlism is not limited to just PAF.

and no air force trains with FULL radar and EW suites inndia refused to use certain systems in USA excercises in red flag
It's un ethical. I will say.
and about PAF exercise,
https://defence.pk/threads/pafs-exercises-from-around-the-world.124858/
Pakistani older aircrafts shot down undefeatable US airforce new next generation aircrafts.
And about Typhoons:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/08/eurofighter_beaten_by_f16/

and about the quote. We lost the exercise but won if you look at the performance against the F15s having 20:1 score against other countries.
Also against typhoons we were honest to say it were close combats.

Last edited:
It's un ethical. I will say.
and about PAF exercise,
https://defence.pk/threads/pafs-exercises-from-around-the-world.124858/
Pakistani older aircrafts shot down undefeatable US airforce new next generation aircrafts.
And about Typhoons:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/08/eurofighter_beaten_by_f16/

Stick to what you have quoted First! ... sourcing another thread with itself has no link as a source.

The Typhoons - this source is funny when it sources "unnamed but evidently experienced Pakistani Air Force (PAF)" and the interview is from another source and not their own! .... pls you can do better than that!

Stick to what you have quoted First! ... sourcing another thread with itself has no link as a source.

The Typhoons - this source is funny when it sources "unnamed but evidently experienced Pakistani Air Force (PAF)" and the interview is from another source and not their own! .... pls you can do better than that!
http://www.asian-defence.net/2011/06/pakistani-f-16s-shoot-down-raf.html
Unnamed means not identity not revealed. Just doing indian thing of finding excuses and moles.
PAF F-6 beaten USN F-14 in Exercises in 2001.F-6 that beat a USN F-14 a year or so earlier in a 1v1. Now that is impressive!

PAF F-7PGs beating USN F-18s in air to air manoeuvres in 2004.

Last edited:
http://www.asian-defence.net/2011/06/pakistani-f-16s-shoot-down-raf.html
Unnamed means not identity not revealed. Just doing indian thing of finding excuses and moles.
PAF F-6 beaten USN F-14 in Exercises in 2001.F-6 that beat a USN F-14 a year or so earlier in a 1v1. Now that is impressive!

PAF F-7PGs beating USN F-18s in air to air manoeuvres in 2004.
PAL u need to read what you post ..... this second link is a copy paste job of the first link!!!

and the second line -really??? - where is the source!!! NO SOURCE!!!

Son,

I have Two Pictures for you :

#1. The Rafale Reality :

124-1.jpg

#2. Pakistan's Reality ( Sorry.. I mean thats the best these Coward IA and "Poorly Trained" IAF could do.. )

Ps7-80.JPG

The reality is, you got ripped off.

You guys love to piggyback something that happened 40 years, I have said it before, I'll say it again (although I'm sure idiots like you won't listen). Those troops were outnumbered 13:1 and running out of supplies, there is no way they could have survived. Surrender was logical.

Also, that doesn't prove the IAF was powerful at all. In fact, it doesn't say a single thing about the IAF.

Indian air force is far better trained and far better equipped than PAF that is not a fiction its a fact

The reason it is known fact is because for ten years running IAF has trained with USA French and RAF pitchimg the MKI against F15/F16 Typhoon & Rafale

There is a permanent base of F16/52 in india for DACT from singpore.

The amount of time money and man hours spent training by india THE PAKISTANIS can never ever match because they just cant afford the fuel the training ammo the cost of flying annualy overseas.

Indian training budget is probably 5 fold that of a Pakistani

your f16 are so close to end of their usful flyimg hours of 6000 hours you are barely flyinmg them in traning.

they are almost 3 decades old.

You canot afford a modern system like rafale so you go hunting for used falcons from USA OR Jordan etc.

So please spare us the bravado we are well aware of PAF ability and its huge coinstraints

:lol:

I'm not just talking about which plane has better specs, I'm talking about the overall deal.

The F-16, compared to other fighters, is easy to fly which is good for a poorly trained Air Force like the IAF. India could also have gotten them in larger numbers as well as local production. A big opportunity that was missed (although there is talks of re-negotiations).

The F-18 would have been better simply because France really ripped India off. You can't just buy things based on what's the best, you have to factor cost. 18 Rafales are hardly going to give India an edge over China or Pakistan, but 36 or even 72 F-16's/F-18's could have.

The US isn't the best country to go for, but France clearly ripped India off. The price India paid for a measly amount of fighters that will make an insignificant difference in war is huge. India should have gone for something else. Lockheed Martin was (and still is BTW) offering to make F-16's in India. That's a much better deal than what Dassault is offering.

After DJT take office,he would require India to buy made in America F-16. So F-16 is not a good choice for made in India.

No matter what you all say IAF is trying to secure Raffay from Pakistani missile strikes. They don't want those $8 billion destroyed on the runway or while standing in the hangers. They don't need Raffy for the Bangali's it not strategical and there can be one more point to this. As of China's presence in south China sea they needed them there but the distance is too long even with mid air refueling, unless they use the only old piece of Air ship carrier they have. but in that case the carrier need to be upgraded and India is not moving on the path of upgrading the carrier so Missiles are the threat they seem to be avoiding from currently.
Well Rafales are overkill for PAF....Mig-29s, few MKIs and Tejas will be enough there....

Back
Top Bottom