What's new

India successfully tests Nirbhay cruise missile

The distance of this missile has to be increased big time for it to be an effective platform for us.

I completely agree.

I am quite sure better vesrions with longer range will follow.

BTW according to PKS smaller vesrion of NIrbhay with 600 KM range, meant to be carried by jaguars and mirages is under development.

Nirbhay or Murphy no matter what India makes Pakistani's are always gonna remain superior in all senses.

View attachment 129935

You understand that that Babur has range of 700 KM and Nirbhay has range of 1,000 KM?

Special Warhead carrying capability and delivery system including triggering mechanism to explode warhead at certain height say 150 meter or 200 meter. My two cent.

agree ! this perhaps is the most plausible and reasonable attribute of a so called " Nuclear capable " missile ...

Last edited:
Well Indias 17 KT nuclear yield warhead RV(mk4) is weighted 180 kg so I don't thing there is any problem regarding that.

we do have Mk5 RV -FBF warhead which is smaller than mk4 warhead - although I am not sure of mass of Mk5 RV but it will be definitely lesser than 180 kg ...

I had seen image on one Russian forum ...

although the image was from Bharat rakshak .com

see image here

Отечественная военная техника (после 1945 г.) • Просмотр темы - Индийские баллистические ракеты

@kaykay do have look at this link .

I am referring to image uploaded on 03 June 2013 at 12 : 50 pm ....

Last edited:
we do have Mk5 RV -FBF warhead which is smaller than mk4 warhead - although I am not sure of mass of Mk5 RV but it will be definitely lesser than 180 kg ...

I had seen image on one Russian forum ...

although the image was from Bharat rakshak .com

see image here

Отечественная военная техника (после 1945 г.) • Просмотр темы - Индийские баллистические ракеты

@kaykay do have look at this link .
Well there are options for sure dude but I am not sure if all types of weapons are deployed.
Here is the link I guess you will find interesting about what kind of RVs are most probably deployed and their capabilities.

India’s Strategic Missiles » Indian Defence Review

Cruise missiles are gamechangers. Cheaper, stealthier & lower collateral damage to civilians. Nightmares to any enemy.
Induction of Nirbhay will also enable us to attack strategic targets with precision.

Using a million dollar ICBM to deliver conventional warhead - does not make ' economic ' sense ...

Convention bombs such as fuel air explosives have become very powerful and America has equipped her ICBM with conventional bombs to target high value targets.

.it is just a nuclear capable missile ....GLCM may or may not be weaponised with nuclear warhead

Agree

Nirbhay along with Brahmos is going to be main menu for the missile 'platter' for all the three divisions of armed forces in coming decades ...

Agree

Precisely for that reason that Nirbhay is a lone long range cruise missile that we have ...it makes sense to have nuclear capable cruise missile ....

I like BM SSM for nuke strikes rather than CM and that's just my personal opinion .

It is better to have multi faceted multi level capability
Or else we wouldn't need any cruise missile right ...if we put forth the same argument regarding availability of multiple BMs ...

We will require CM for conventional role and BM for Nuke strikes .

With New guidance system, Nirbhay is ready for test. Parts have arrive, Assembly is on.test scheduled in Friday.

Congress will loose Maharashtra and Hariyana. Nirbhay will success followed by A5 canister launch followed by A2, A4 and test of Giant GSLV MK 3. Jingos have a lot to cheer in next couple of months.

Nirbhay Missile Ready for Test With Rectified Guidance System | idrw.org

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom