What's new

India successfully testfires 'maneuverable' BrahMos supersonic cruise missile

Please stop firing Bahramos missiles , its disturbing my sleep , please fire the firecrackers during day time

Great News..:victory::bounce:
One thing is have noticed, I dont know whether others have notice it or not, that there is no more tot-for-tat testing from Indias western neighbors. Till a few years ago, there used to be similar testing from across the border when India tested any missile. If India tested Agni-I/II, Pakistan would test Ghauri/Shaheen, If India tested Bhramos, Pakistan would test Babur/Ra'ad missiles ect. But lately this trend has stopped. Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

My theory is that, they have got very limited number of missiles from where they came from :azn::whistle: Pakistan cannot waste them for showing they are keeping pace with India. Also, After M18/Shahen-II missiles (2000-2001), I don't think they have got any new missile technologies to show. Whoever was giving them these missiles must have realized that its better to limit Pakistan to shaheen-II range. Just my 2 cents. :cheers:

Can't blame you guys, that is the mentality if we look at the past.

Pakistan has no nuclear devices and we will annihilate them, and then bang the Indians got the nuke surprise.

Babur Cruise Missile was a surprise, and your media ridiculed the Indian spy agencies of not having known a whisper about it.

Same case about the Ra'ad ALCM.

Should i go on ??

No need, as i said its in the mentality.

Keep thinking that way, you will be given a surprise treat yet again.

:pakistan:

MURGA TAY ROZZ KHAYIDA, AAJ TAY BAKRA WADAN NU JEE KARDA. BBUURRRAAAAAA

Great news indeed and thanks to the scientists and all the people who contributed.

I might be over-thinking a bit but a few months ago there was a news item about anti ship missile tested by the Chinese...and it was perhaps the first of its kind...now with the testing of "maneuverable" BrahMos on a "floating" vessel, does India also treading the path less taken...is it our anti ship missile?

Uhhhhh, I see this article is quite ambiguous. Has anyone considered that by maneuverable, it means the missile can only fly linearly or plunge downwards as a ditch effort because it hasn't the ability to turn, so to glorify it slightly, Indian officials label "plunging" as turning/maneuvering?

it doesn't make sense...a cruise missile is very maneuverable.
it can maneuver along multiple axis.

Great news buddy, one thing is for sure we should increase its range to atleast 700 Kms, although Nirbhay would be having 700Km range but that will not be supersonic.

But its really good news it was launched from VLS as that gives flexibility for all the directions attack. :devil::yahoo:

You are forgetting Shaurya missile which is hypersonic with range of 750 kms. :cheers:

Great News..:victory::bounce:
One thing is have noticed, I dont know whether others have notice it or not, that there is no more tot-for-tat testing from Indias western neighbors. Till a few years ago, there used to be similar testing from across the border when India tested any missile. If India tested Agni-I/II, Pakistan would test Ghauri/Shaheen, If India tested Bhramos, Pakistan would test Babur/Ra'ad missiles ect. But lately this trend has stopped. Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

My theory is that, they have got very limited number of missiles from where they came from :azn::whistle: Pakistan cannot waste them for showing they are keeping pace with India. Also, After M18/Shahen-II missiles (2000-2001), I don't think they have got any new missile technologies to show. Whoever was giving them these missiles must have realized that its better to limit Pakistan to shaheen-II range. Just my 2 cents. :cheers:

No we are not testing because of this. we dont want you to :cry::cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Negative...There is hardly any system which can effectively defend themselves once Brahmos is fired....If any of our frigate fired this missile in anger it is doomsday for the enemy vessel...

The only capable defence against Brahmos is the evolved Sea Sparrow. US will soon massively export this missile.

Can't blame you guys, that is the mentality if we look at the past.

Pakistan has no nuclear devices and we will annihilate them, and then bang the Indians got the nuke surprise.

Babur Cruise Missile was a surprise, and your media ridiculed the Indian spy agencies of not having known a whisper about it.

Same case about the Ra'ad ALCM.

Should i go on ??

No need, as i said its in the mentality.

Keep thinking that way, you will be given a surprise treat yet again.

:pakistan:

I hope you know the India has also give quite a few surprises in the past. Two can play this game.

Please stop firing Bahramos missiles , its disturbing my sleep , please fire the firecrackers during day time

LOL we didnt know that you built a house in our firing range....sorry our bad.:rolleyes:

Congratts to all the men/women who worked for this project, and may Indian Navy never dragged into a situation to fire this baby towards anybody. Again, job well done!!!!

Last edited:
While its a good achievement I wonder when we will stop boasting.

Back
Top Bottom