What's new

India story is about manufacturing

only thing india manufactures are slums.

never believe any promise made by any indian, remember the retail sector farce.

india is facing stagflation, massive inflation and collapsing growth.
indian budget deficit is huge.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

Nominal output (measured in USD) : (i) decreases if USDINR goes up, and (ii) increases due to inflation.

Inflation and USDINR cancel out after fluctuations settle down .... what matter is only the real growth. And then, to take one quarter's provisional number as a long term trend doesn't make sense.

PPP number only counts real growth - no effect of USDINR or inflation .... hence is always smooth and realistic.

So, in real terms India is the 5th largest manufacturing country, and will be 3rd in 2-3 years.

So.. yes ... a large part of the economy is manufacturing ... and it will continue to play a significant role in the economy.

india dont manufacture jack.

all these are pipe dreams made up by indians.

too much nonsense in too little space.

Indian industry output shrinking. Ya true.
Chinese industry output shrinking. Ya true.
Both are short term.

Next, It is dangerous to have a depreciating currency. Yes over a long term that is true. And we hear that from Chinese. Oh la la.
In the last 20 years Indian economy has grown 10 times and more in $ terms. That is a fact. And a costly dollar will push Indian industries to think twice before importing. Indian demand is very robust and underestimate to be surprised.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

india dont manufacture jack.

all these are pipe dreams made up by indians.

Now happy ... grow up and then if you have facts, we can discuss. Jargon like stagflation etc sound you are new to economics and know nothing. Drink milk and sleep tight.

In other news

Food inflation plunges to 4-year low of 1.81% for the week ended December 10

Manufacturing growth is affected by energy, mostly electricity output. Along with accessibility to commodities like ores, oil, coal.

Is also affected by the ability to transport produce across assembly and distribution chain. Currency devaluation only carries trade so far.

Until India is able to develop road, railway, power plants and other supporting infrastructure, it's manufacturing base won't grow regardless of how cheap labors are, or how much demand there is.

India has been a closed economy that payed them,
Even Today they want to trade with Pakistan but only exports,not import same they do with Bangladesh.

India is resource poor. Weak currencies increase resource costs.

That's why I doubt India will ever be a superpower. China has very little resources, except 3. Coal, rare earths, and iron. And that's exactly what we need to get our first boost into the industrial age.

India doesn't have too much coal, no rare earths obv, and its iron is mostly exported.

That's why I doubt India will ever be a superpower. China has very little resources, except 3. Coal, rare earths, and iron. And that's exactly what we need to get our first boost into the industrial age.

India doesn't have too much coal, no rare earths obv, and its iron is mostly exported.

That's your poor thinking only :bunny:

India's greatest resource is its people of India our human resource :bounce::smitten::chilli::cheers:

I am not intersted in comparing the countries based on natural resources. We know whats happening in Africa.

So I am here going by your statement only, you said china has 3 resources 1) Coal well IN also have lot but compare to CN..no idea..
2) Rare Earth - Do you know why they are called Rare.... find out and you will be surprised.
3) Iron - IN export this to CN...and you are making it plus point for CN and discounting for IN...that jingoism..

I have yet to hear why service based economy is bad specially like labor intensive outsourcing. Middle east is what - Natural Resource\Exploration based economy... they are not doing bad.

I am all ear to hear why service based economy is bad.

Somebody here commented that because of depreciating Rs our export dependent on import will be costly and depreciating Rs will not work in our favor. Guess what service based economy is getting benefited from this.
In manufacturing, if you are not doing low value products, having large labor force if of no use on hand on other hand you cannot expect manufacturing to support the large size of ppl looking for employment.

Let me know if somebody interested in having discussion on Manufacturing v/s Service based eco

I am quite amused by the fact that people without having even .0000001% knowledge about Indian economy are commenting about our economy. Our Pakistani friends comments about our economy without bothering about the state of affairs in their own country. So let me put some facts about our manufacturing industry.

Here we go :-

Nissan plans on developing its Indian facility into an export hub

Toyota to start car exports from India in March

Hyundai Motor India Ltd is the country’s largest passenger car exporter. With the recent shipment of 10 Lakh cars, Hyundai is the first automobile company in India to achieve this feat in a record time of just over a decade.

Honda to export its small car

Mahindra Navistar's Chakan Plant

Tata Motors ARIA production facility

Bombardier's new railcar manufacturing site in Savli, India

more coming....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not intersted in comparing the countries based on natural resources. We know whats happening in Africa.

So I am here going by your statement only, you said china has 3 resources 1) Coal well IN also have lot but compare to CN..no idea..
2) Rare Earth - Do you know why they are called Rare.... find out and you will be surprised.
3) Iron - IN export this to CN...and you are making it plus point for CN and discounting for IN...that jingoism..

I have yet to hear why service based economy is bad specially like labor intensive outsourcing. Middle east is what - Natural Resource\Exploration based economy... they are not doing bad.

I am all ear to hear why service based economy is bad.

Somebody here commented that because of depreciating Rs our export dependent on import will be costly and depreciating Rs will not work in our favor. Guess what service based economy is getting benefited from this.
In manufacturing, if you are not doing low value products, having large labor force if of no use on hand on other hand you cannot expect manufacturing to support the large size of ppl looking for employment.

Let me know if somebody interested in having discussion on Manufacturing v/s Service based eco

nothing wrong with being resource poor, but the poorer your own resources, the more you have to import.

India has less coal than China, but with almost same population. Coal is almost completely burned for electricity, and is more difficult to ship than oil, so less coal means less electricity. The main input for modern industry is electricity.

Rare earths are rare because of problems with purification and refining. China has a technological monopoly on 99% of rare earth refining and separation capacity. Even if India opened rare earth mines today, it will still have to ship the raw ore to China at low cost, we will refine it, and sell pure metal back at high cost.

Iron ore should stay in India because India will need it in the future, but due to weak steel industry and weak demand for automobiles, housing and other steel products (in terms of money, not in terms of need) the iron is sold to China.

A service based economy is great, if others can manufacture for you and they need your services. When either of these conditions are absent...

You mean Indian has no problem with its massive slave workers?

Sir there is a difference, they don't have to work if they don't want to. They get paid so I don't see how they are slaves.

This just shows India can't even afford Japanese cars even when your car market is far from saturation.

I am quite amused by the fact that people without having even .0000001% knowledge about Indian economy are commenting about our economy. Our Pakistani friends comments about our economy without bothering about the state of affairs in their own country. So let me put some facts about our manufacturing industry.

Here we go :-

Nissan plans on developing its Indian facility into an export hub

Toyota to start car exports from India in March

Hyundai Motor India Ltd is the country’s largest passenger car exporter. With the recent shipment of 10 Lakh cars, Hyundai is the first automobile company in India to achieve this feat in a record time of just over a decade.

Honda to export its small car

Mahindra Navistar's Chakan Plant

Tata Motors ARIA production facility

Bombardier's new railcar manufacturing site in Savli, India

more coming....

Last edited by a moderator:
It does? :woot:

Can you walk us through this thought process?

He doesn't have a thought process.

He can only feed you ... on CPC propaganda translated into English .... as per which only China have a birth right over assembling components imported from Taiwan, South Korea and Japan.

No point trying to chase such a thought process ..... please leave these twisted guys to live in their own utopia.

India's story consists a lot about manufacturing ... and same has been doing pretty ok.

We need to do better on the electronics assembly lines ..... importing components from Taiwan, South Korea and Japan .... essentially cutting out the China part of the chain (assembling).

Free trade agreements with Taiwan, South Korea and Japan are the way to go (like we've done with ASEAN) ... and like Foxconn is already in business in India.

This just shows India can't even afford Japanese cars even when your car market is far from saturation.

Is it that much difficult for you to understand simple logic? I mean going by your logic if US/EU/China export something, it means they cannot afford it,right?

Please let me know you belongs to which Planet.

Back
Top Bottom