What's new

India, South Africa to deepen ties in defence, manufacturing sectors

I thought the South Africans preferred Pakistan as a partner? Oh well, money talks I guess.

I know India has imported/licensed South African military products like self protection systems, sensors, MRAVs and such....not sure what the total figure is either.

Some of our trade with Israel also might be routed through South Africa for political reasons:

http://inserbia.info/today/2015/02/india-planned-to-acquire-israeli-weapons-via-south-africa-report/

Makes sense if India wants to keep good relations with the rest of the Middle East. Although I see no need to, the ones that would throw a frat about these kinds of things are crazy anyway.

Makes sense if India wants to keep good relations with the rest of the Middle East. Although I see no need to, the ones that would throw a frat about these kinds of things are crazy anyway.

Well we buy a lot of Israeli stuff directly too....mostly the big ticket things. But I think a lot of the other bulk trade is done through such conduits potentially for political reasons like you said...but maybe also because South Africa and "unofficial" arms dealers networks have a long history. Its a bit of a bazaar out there if you know what I mean. Some middle eastern countries that are officially at war with Israel probably route some Israeli sourced goods (that Israel of course permits in the interest of money, no fuss and low threat to itself) as well.

I know India has imported/licensed South African military products like self protection systems, sensors, MRAVs and such....not sure what the total figure is either.

Some of our trade with Israel also might be routed through South Africa for political reasons:

http://inserbia.info/today/2015/02/india-planned-to-acquire-israeli-weapons-via-south-africa-report/

There used to be Bhim program, which hit a road block because of the blacklisting of Denel.

TATA Power SED is leveraging them for the 155mm/52cal wheeled program.

50-51.jpg

Ashok Leyland has a relationship with them too.

Well we buy a lot of Israeli stuff directly too....mostly the big ticket things. But I think a lot of the other bulk trade is done through such conduits potentially for political reasons like you said...but maybe also because South Africa and "unofficial" arms dealers networks have a long history. Its a bit of a bazaar out there if you know what I mean. Some middle eastern countries that are officially at war with Israel probably route some Israeli sourced goods (that Israel of course permits in the interest of money, no fuss and low threat to itself) as well.

I don't think any ME country is at war with Israel, they just don't like them. Besides, it's ironic that they don't recognise it, but they ban you from travelling there. How can you ban someone from travelling somewhere you don't recognise? :lol:

I thought the South Africans preferred Pakistan as a partner? Oh well, money talks I guess.

Their are no partners in defence

We have a good working relationship with the South Africans and they fulfil some of our military needs

This dosent mean we are joined at the hip forever more, they are free to sell their wares wherever they can

Their are no partners in defence

We have a good working relationship with the South Africans and they fulfil some of our military needs

This dosent mean we are joined at the hip forever more, they are free to sell their wares wherever they can

I guess so.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom