What's new

India’s Neo-colonialism in Africa

S_O_C_O_M must be like WTF happened to these Bhartis --- I just posted an anti-India article and these Bhartis are thanking me like there is no tomorrow :rofl:

looks like he hasn't read the whole article.. looking at the headline, maybe he thought.. here u go another one for the day's quota!!

Oh, god, why did people bring China into this thread?
This is about "India’s Neo-colonialism in Africa", not about "China's investment in Africa".

Why do you guys never let us alone?

It is so ironical that on the one hand Indian members criticized China for investing in Africa; on the other hand, Indian members boasted about their own investment in Africa. Double-standard is just practised by Indians on every occasion.

i think india investing in africa is a good step. during the days of indira gandhi, india had a huge presence in africa. this legacy continued with rajeev gandhi. i think we lost the plot in 90s as we concentrated too much on western countries. in the meantime china has become dominant force in africe. its high time we start to increase our influence in africa by investing and other joint development projects.

SURAT Rough Diamond Sourcing India Ltd has signed a US$1.2 billion annual rough diamond supply commitment with the Zimbabwe Diamond Consortium.

The deal was signed in Harare yesterday.

Under the arrangement, SRDSIL will buy a minimum of US$I00 million worth of rough diamonds a month.

SRDSIL is a consortium of 1 500 Indian diamond companies based in Surat, while ZDC is a grouping of Zimbabwean entrepreneurs.

The US$1.2 billion deal was signed by SRDSIL chair Mr Ashit Mehta and his ZDC counterpart, Mr Supa Mandiwanzira.

The signing took place in the presence of Youth Development, Indigenisation and Empowerment Minister Saviour Kasukuwere, Mines and Mining Development Deputy Minister Mr Gift Chimanikire, Permanent Secretary in the Mines Ministry Mr Thankful Musukutwa and India’s Ambassador to Zimbabwe.

The Zimbabwe Guardian

Looks like a win win deal :cheers:

This is about "India’s Neo-colonialism in Africa", not about "China's investment in Africa".

It is so ironical that on the one hand Indian members criticized China for investing in Africa; on the other hand, Indian members boasted about their own investment in Africa. Double-standard is just practised by Indians on every occasion.

hey ! its not that indians practice double standard. its just that indians criticize the fact that chinese involve their own citizens even in projects in Africa. this is more similar to colonalization where everything is for u and the local lads are just for namesake.

India on otherhand involve locals which bring them employment.

Now, this was da argument provided by the indian side.

If u have counterfacts, please feel free !

There is no God, you are from China, you should know better

This thread was becoming one sided and boring with everyone profusely thanking SOCOM for highlighting Indian investments in Africa

By "us" did you mean China and Pakistan?:tongue:

It is so ironical that on the one hand Indian members criticized China for investing in Africa; on the other hand, Indian members boasted about their own investment in Africa.

We criticized China to highlight their exploitation of African by propping dictatorships (like they do in N Korea and Pakistan) as opposed to the progressive investments India is doing Africa. Drawing a stark contrast if you will.

Double-standard is just practised by Indians on every occasion.

What's wrong with double standards? we got our standards, you get your own:devil:

PS: Don't forget to thank SOCOM's initial post and personally complimenting him for starting this excellent thread.

This thread was becoming one sided and boring with everyone profusely thanking SOCOM for highlighting Indian investments in Africa

By "us" did you mean China and Pakistan?:tongue:

We criticized China to highlight their exploitation of African by propping dictatorships (like they do in N Korea and Pakistan) as opposed to the progressive investments India is doing Africa. Drawing a stark contrast if you will.

What's wrong with double standards? we got our standards, you get your own:devil:

PS: Don't forget to thank SOCOM's initial post and personally complimenting him for starting this excellent thread.

Indian monothematic delusion exhibit A.

mentioning of china merely is an example... it doesn't mean we are criticizing china and its policies ..... so chinese members ..just chill.. :cheers:

mentioning of china merely is an example... it doesn't mean we are criticizing china and its policies ..... so chinese members ..just chill.. :cheers:

Then it's best not to write idiotic posts like this

I wonder... in his opinion what is the difference between Chinese and Indian businesses in Africa.

Then it's best not to write idiotic posts like this

it's best to ignore such posts CS. It'll help keep your BP normal :tup:
oh and the OCD too :D

on topic: It is fairly obvious that with a growing economy, India will try to secure natural resources much like china. It's wrong to compare the two. Let them do things their way, at least they are not invading countries like some others.
India is equally justified to do things (invest in africa) the way it sees fit

it's best to ignore such posts CS. It'll help keep your BP normal :tup:
oh and the OCD too :D

I am not actually all that bothered most of the time, I just reply to the posts in the tone in which they are written. That's been my policy, so you'll likely get a spectrum of responses from me.

Sorry if it seems like I am losing my cool sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom