What's new

India rejected separate Sikh Marriage Act which Pak enacted 4 yrs ago

Should India Enact Anand Karaj (Marriage) Act for Sikhs?

• Total voters
Politicians are busy renaming all Indian cities, if Sikhs want to read Sikh Marriage Act on certificate whats wrong in that? you guys are trolling, Sanatan Dharam/Hindu/Khalistan etc technicalities are just face saving tactics in front of Pakistanis on this forum. If you cant accept discrimination, Then at least don't rub it in everyone's face. Shame on you all of you. You relate proud Sikh to Khalistani.

There is a need to shut the faces of sikh fundamentalists... But quite ironic , govt doesnt want to reconcile with its citizens.

How about this, Hindu's getting married under Sikh marriage act??
Great, you would see Shiv sena , RSS and Bajrang Dal on roads like a GUnda.
Perhaps. But two wrongs don't make a right.

Suitable amendments in the current act, disassociating the Act from the term 'Hindu', should be enough. If not, do explain why?

LIAR, you are just Posting for SAKE of posting. you don't have IOTA of knowledge.
SIkhs had marriage CODE prior to independence CALLED as Anand Karaj act, drafted in 1909. So your statement, fails automatically.

Anand Karaj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hahaha ,I may be a liar on few occasions , you are certainly an arrogant fool .Your post on this threads reek BS .

Back to Topic.

Civil marriage codes not only resister marriages under it , but also deal with disputes related marriage such as monogamy/pogamy , Divorce , property right , inheritance etc.

While muslim personal laws and divorce acts of christian comprehensively dealt with issue such as annulment of marriage and maintenance of wife thereafter , no dharmic religion including sikhs marriage called Anand Karaj has no concept of divorce in it ,since marriage in dharmic religions were/are supposed last seven births. ;)

Anyway therefore there was need to standardize all aspects related to personal laws of dharmic groups and to address that comprehensive bills were created such as Hindu marriage act etc as part of Hindu personal laws.

your problem lies only the name , then i can't help it expect that you should remember not only sikhs , but Buddhist, Jains, animist etc also comes under the Hindu marriage act .

what the point in making laws to register marriages other then to discriminate the community ...
Pakistan had passed Sikh Anand Marriage Act 2007 to validate the marriage ceremony .what a joke ,..

in india marriages are automatically valid once done

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Hahaha ,I may be a liar on few occasions , you are certainly an arrogant fool .Your post on this threads reek BS .

Back to Topic.

Civil marriage codes not only resister marriages under it , but also deal with disputes related marriage such as monogamy/pogamy , Divorce , property right , inheritance etc.

While muslim personal laws and divorce acts of christian comprehensively dealt with issue such as annulment of marriage and maintenance of wife thereafter , no dharmic religion including sikhs marriage called Anand Karaj has no concept of divorce in it ,since marriage in dharmic religions were/are supposed last seven births. ;)

Anyway therefore there was need to standardize all aspects related to personal laws of dharmic groups and to address that comprehensive bills were created such as Hindu marriage act etc as part of Hindu personal laws.

your problem lies only the name ,/b] then i can't help it expect that you should remember not only sikhs , but Buddhist, Jains, animist etc also comes under the Hindu marriage act .

yes i agree , a religion base mind will only see the nale and over look all other broad concept...

So you are assuming that Anand Karaj act drafted in 1909 didn't had talks about these issues..
Very smart...Go and re-read the full act again.

You are acting exactly the way i expected. :)

So you are assuming that Anand Karaj act drafted in 1909 didn't had talks about these issues..
Very smart...Go and re-read the full act again.

You are acting exactly the way i expected. :)

So do I .

Tell me where is the provision of divorce in sikh Anand Marriage Act, 1909 ?

Sikhism favour family life and monogamy. The ideal family is one where there is mutual love and respect between the husband and the wife and their children and grand children if any. The Anand Marriage Act, 1909, gave a wife status equal to that of her husband. The marriage establishes a permanant relationship between the partners and there is no provision for a divorce under this Act, for the Sikh marriage (Anand Karaj) is a sacrament and not a civil contract. However, in olden times if the marriage broke down, the woman would leave her husband and go and stay with her parents. Nowadays, the partners may live separately, or apply for a divorce after some time, under the Hindu code or the civil marriage Act. At that time, it is for the court to decide to grant a divorce or not, and in case the divorce is decided by the Court, it may make a provision for the support of the woman and the custory of the children and their maintenance. The Sikhs have no Personal Law, but they are covered under the Hindu Code in India. However, in certain cases, the custom of chaddar, which implies the present of a bedsheet by a man to a woman indicating his decision to take her as his wife is legal in Punjab

http://www.gurmat.info/sms/smspublications/introductiontosikhism2/chapter7.html#What is the Sikh attitude to divorce?[/B

what is bad in this act ?
why india crying. ?

there is no place of divorce in sikh marrages..
so a act can't be put forward to distorte the age old religoius culture..

divorce in a hindu , sikh , jain or budisum is a unlawfull act and therte fore should bew deal in a court of law only m inside hindu/sikh/jain/budisum religion divorce has no provosion ...

I really hoped my fellow Indian friend had some maturity to read and understand, and its really good to interact with you Mr Manmohan singh. Indeed you are the right person to speak on behalf of everyone :)

Then shouldn't you be writing a mature post? Something based on facts?

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 AM ----------

Politicians are busy renaming all Indian cities, if Sikhs want to read Sikh Marriage Act on certificate whats wrong in that? you guys are trolling, Sanatan Dharam/Hindu/Khalistan etc technicalities are just face saving tactics in front of Pakistanis on this forum. If you cant accept discrimination, Then at least don't rub it in everyone's face. Shame on you all of you. You relate proud Sikh to Khalistani.

Abolishing religion based laws is discrimination?

people are being irrational here to show a little liberalism social barriers and stupid crap are one of the major reasons for poverty, and communal,religious,caste etc violence in our country a Islamic country like Pakistan even passes a Sikh marriage act where as the "Secular" nation of India cannot even pass it? can someone please explain to me the since in that?

the Sikh marriage act would clear up confusion when Sikhs register they're marriages we do not want to register it under Hindu laws because those are not the laws of our culture or religion we do not follow the same laws and or practices Hindus do this is not to say we are hating on Hindus but only saying when we register our marriages we want to REGISTER AS SIKHS NOT AS HINDUS because Hinduism is not our religion, would a Muslim register his/her marriage under Christian laws?

seriously our country needs a lot of reforms and changes its no wonder why the Indian constitution has over 80 amendments in it while the U.S Constitution which has been around for much longer than ours has less amendments hell i am in favor in a new constitution one that is flexible for all and works for any situation

Back
Top Bottom