What's new

India rejected separate Sikh Marriage Act which Pak enacted 4 yrs ago

Should India Enact Anand Karaj (Marriage) Act for Sikhs?

• Total voters
A Sikh marriage act would be a regressive step. We don't need any more religion based divisions. We should instead put all our focus on creating a Common Civil Code.
Common civil code is an answer to a problem that is non existant. We are doing just as good without it. Common civil code only generates issues than solving issues. In India what is right is different from village to village. Lets not chain by what the majority think is right. The best option is to create a standard marriage act for india and give that as an option to couples when they marry along with their religions marriage act. They should be allowed to opt during marriage registration and be judged by their choice.

India needs common civil code. Hope it will come. Congress is not keen to implement BJP wants.

And Islam preaches tolerance and Christianity is all about love and...yeh, keep using the book as some kind of "defense" against real life insanity. Perhaps you should ask Sikhs to practice Sikhism then.

Bro do you forget why Guru Govind ji Shaab formed a group and who are the member of that group and selection process and what was the reason behind it. The only word "Hindu" is that the real problem which pinch you, I think the word hurts more. And what was happened in 84 that was not honorable, you know Indian not feel proud of it, whatever they Hindu, Buddhis, Jain, Christians, Muslim no one and you know that even you can see in the Punjab, people don't another any "stan".

Hindu marriage act is encompasses all dharmic rteligions me and other memeber have stated so many times to prebvenet unnecessary act for each dharmic religion be hindu , buddist , sikh or jain etc .

These dharmic religions have to no prior written marriage codes unlike Muslim , Christians , so only after indian Independence a marriage code was formulated and it was only named Hindu marriage act for ease of nomenclature .

since you brounght of the caste issue, while muslims and Christians aren't eligible for reservation , backward castes hindus and sikhs have access to reservation quota since there is the issue of casteim in most dharmic religions . Mazhabi sikhs still suffer casteism of forward caste jatt Sikhs

PS: India is also called Hindustan doesn't mean every indian is automatically becomes Hindu religionist.

@Jdme when you become a Sikh you do not favor other human beings over another Sikhism is a universal faith there is no superior race or caste because god created as equally as human beings when you are a Sikh caste and your people whether you be Jatt Gujjar, Rajput or Yadav, Gill, Brar, Sidhu, Grewal, it does not matter

@executioner i don't got beefs with Hindus a lot of misguided youths are taught the Hindus destroyed the golden temple in 1984 and committed atrocities on our people after that when in fact all of that was set in motion by the pseudo-secularist Congress party, the thing that really touches me is that during the Sikh riots local BJP politicians like Vajpayee rescued helpless Sikhs and hid them from the mobs and noone is proud of it the genocide of thousands of people on the streets of Delhi quite frankly me and a lot of other Sikhs are put up with the lip service, Kamal Nath, Jagdish Tytler, and Sajjan Kumar are still walking these streets freely when they have the blood of thousands of innocent Sikhs on they're hands we want justice for 84

what would be wrong with enacting a separate marriage act? and only those Jatts who enact in casteism persecute Mazabhi a majority of Sikhs don't care about caste because of the fact that Guru Nanak's words were taken by them to there hearts that all human beings are equal

Hindu marriage act is encompasses all dharmic rteligions me and other memeber have stated so many times to prebvenet unnecessary act for each dharmic religion be hindu , buddist , sikh or jain etc .

These dharmic religions have to no prior written marriage codes unlike Muslim , Christians , so only after indian Independence a marriage code was formulated and it was only named Hindu marriage act for ease of nomenclature .

since you brounght of the caste issue, while muslims and Christians aren't eligible for reservation , backward castes hindus and sikhs have access to reservation quota since there is the issue of casteim in most dharmic religions . Mazhabi sikhs still suffer casteism of forward caste jatt Sikhs

PS: India is also called Hindustan doesn't mean every indian is automatically becomes Hindu religionist.

LIAR, you are just Posting for SAKE of posting. you don't have IOTA of knowledge.
SIkhs had marriage CODE prior to independence CALLED as Anand Karaj act, drafted in 1909. So your statement, fails automatically.

Anand Karaj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am really amazed by attitude of fellow indian's. I mean they saying NO or HESITATE to something that would reconcile, Heal the wounds, Shut down many faces and Strengthen the UNITY..

What happened guys, where is your IndIanization Now?? What happened to patriotism , love for nation , Unity in diversity, Equality for all ....all in drains ha..

And yeah, If you want to talk about secularism and equality terms. India should also not be Hindustan (Yeah, you will come up with YOU ARE JUST talking for NAME sake or otherwise no relation with HINDUS) but reality is that i haven't met any Non-Hindu who like to call it as Hindustan, everyone prefers India or Bharat is Good..Every Non-Hindu avoids using word Hindustan.

LIAR, you are just Posting for SAKE of posting. you don't have IOTA of knowledge.
SIkhs had marriage CODE prior to independence CALLED as Anand Karaj act, drafted in 1909. So your statement, fails automatically.

I am really amazed by attitude of fellow indian's. I mean they saying NO or HESITATE to something that would reconcile, Heal the wounds, Shut down many faces and Strengthen the UNITY..

What happened guys, where is your IndIanization Now?? What happened to patriotism , love for nation , Unity in diversity, Equality for all ....all in drains ha..

And yeah, If you want to talk about secularism and equality terms. India should also not be Hindustan (Yeah, you will come up with YOU ARE JUST talking for NAME sake or otherwise no relation with HINDUS) but reality is that i haven't met any Non-Hindu who like to call it as Hindustan, everyone prefers India or Bharat is Good..Every Non-Hindu avoids using word Hindustan.

Anand Karaj act is the one we have in Pakistan for Sikh Marriages, the cool thing is anyone in the world can do it.

Anand Karaj act is the one we have in Pakistan for Sikh Marriages, the cool thing is anyone in the world can do it.

I knew that already and its also came up like 10 time in this thread and even on Thread title. So please don't act as advantage seeker.

There is a reason why there is Indian Flag under my Avtar :)

Well, more tourism and happier couples in Pakistan.

What religious leaders? India doesn't have priest or Maulvi politicians, not even in so called religious parties like BJP or Muslim party in Kerala.
BUT INDIA CLAIM TO HAVE sikh prime minister, muslim president and Christian minister ..why they keep telling us the religion of politician if they are not religious lol :D

^^^^^^^ Bal and Raj Thackery

Yes even Nirainder mohdi was also watching like a spectator when his beloved Hindu were butchering Muslims country men in Gujraat and thats why i said that if you are a hindu leader , you will have your sympathies with hindus and it will be very hard for you to be objective and neutral in hindu vs other religions conflicts..and same can be said for Muslims, Christian and Sikh politicians :)

BUT INDIA CLAIM TO HAVE sikh prime minister, muslim president and Christian minister ..why they keep telling us the religion of politician if they are not religious lol :D

No one cares. It's when people like you ask, Then we reply.

Our PM is Sikh. Everyone is happy. Even Planning commissioner chief is also Sikh. Defence Minister is Christian.

If you will ask any Indian, 90% will say Abdul Kalam was best President because he was extremely capable and religion doesn't make any difference. Even our Defence Minister is very good and Honest. Due to corruption, MMS is not good. lol.

You ask any Indian who is best CM ? 80% will say Narendra Modi because he has changed the definition of development in Gujarat in last 10 years. Gujarat GDP will be more than Pakistan. GDP growth is 12%.

Even Shivsena lost all election in last 12 years. Why ? due to bad governance. If religion is what matters then 85%-90% are Hindus in Mahrahstra. So, you can understand.

It's all about person ability and performance. We are happy until things are moving in right direction. 75% Indians don't care much about religion.

No one cares. It's when people like you ask, Then we reply.

I dont care either . Go back and read it ..It was you guys who were shouting at our faces that you have Muslim president and Sikh prime minister

I dont care either . Go back and read it ..It was you guys who were shouting at our faces that you have Muslim president and Sikh prime minister

Even the person who thanked you few days back said " All Mohajirs are Anti-Pakistani and should return back to India" Go and ask him.

Although, I don't want to say about religious things. As Hindus-Sikhs living together without any religion difference. I go to Gurudwara. Even the place where i live, Many Sikhs and Hindus have inter religion marriages. Many people might not agree, But i don't think there is much difference between Sikhs and Hindus. I never felt that. Even most of my Sikh friends also never felt that. I live in colony where 1/3rd Sikh and 2/3rd are Hindus. No one will able to tell any difference of religion. Seriously, I never felt the difference. May be that's why there is no different law. Anyway, If people wants they can demand. If not happens who to blame ? India PM ? Punjab CM ? Both are Sikh. Not any Indians. :)

You need something? Next time, try writing something succinct so that everyone can understand it.

You do realize that India is not "Hindustan". Indian constitution doesn't recognize the name Hindustan. The name was coined by Muslim invaders and still almost always used by Muslim countries? You need some medicine? Perhaps a quick lesson in origin of the word "Hindu" or "Hindustan" might help?

You need something? Next time, try writing something succinct so that everyone can understand it.

I really hoped my fellow Indian friend had some maturity to read and understand, and its really good to interact with you Mr Manmohan singh. Indeed you are the right person to speak on behalf of everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom