What's new

India raises concern over Russian attack copter sale to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia likely outlined that it was looking to improve ties with Pakistan and was offering this deal to them for a relatively small number of (rather) outdated helos that would be used in anti-terror/narco ops (maybe the Pakistanis have some sort of official agreement in place for this, who knows?).

Why there's a need for that , in the first place? Why there's a need to warm-up relations with Islamabad? Why there's a need to end the arms embargo? Why there's a need to offer these helicopters? Why there's a need to extend us the invitation for SCO membership? Why sudden deviation from " You must understand that we do not deal with your enemies. We don't deliver any arms to them.... If you see otherwise, you may spit on my face. -Rogozin”? Since well .
Pakistan can neither bee seen as an alternative to India in terms of purchasing power in the defence sphere (sub $6bn annual defence budget compared to close to $40 BN for India with an earmarked $100BN for modernisation of its military by 2020) or in terms of global power (India is part of the G20,a fellow member of BRICS, projected to be the 2 biggest economy within 40 years, 3rd largest economy in PPP terms, aspirations to become a permanent member of the UNSC etc etc).

a) The world revolves around India .
b) Russians are just too dependent on the Indian money .

he way I see it- a stable Afghanistan = win-win for India and Russia

You guys can't swallow facts against you, can you? There is no win for "Russia and India". Quit aligning yourself with the past. You guys pissed off the Russians way too many times and specifically on the Rafale deal when SU-30 and SU-35 were really good and affordable options. The "Russia and India" types of relationships are now a part of the past.

Welcome to national interests of Russia. Which are no longer gong to be inline for a weapons buyer with expiration age within the next ten years!

You guys can't swallow facts against you, can you? There is no win for "Russia and India". Quit aligning yourself with the past. You guys pissed off the Russians way too many times and specifically on the Rafale deal when SU-30 and SU-35 were really good and affordable options. The "Russia and India" types of relationships are now a part of the past.

Welcome to national interests of Russia. Which are no longer gong to be inline for a weapons buyer with expiration age within the next ten years!
You do realize that Russia and India have deals that are worth more than the MMRCA deal, the FGFA alone will be worth more than the MMRCA, not to forget the upgrading of the MKI to the Super MKI which being done in Russia. Then there is the deal of MIG-29k for the Navy. At the end of the day Pakistan cannot match India's purchasing power with Russia and that is a reality. It is another reason why no one in Indian government made any comment regarding the deal, and it is why the Russians were quick to inform and talk with India about the deal.

I asked a question earlier and I didn't get any answer for that . This was the question .
Looking at the recent developments would be enough eye-opener , is it possible that Indians who whine at every defense deal by Pakistan with different countries even with China , didn't do so with their old and time tested allies the Kremlin?

Brazil Air force signed contract with Russia about $350-400 million dollars in Oct-Nov 2008 and delivered 12 Mi-35 to Brazil in December 2009 and formally inducted into service in April 2010.

Azerbaijan contracted with Russia for the delivery of 24 Mi-35 in September 2010 and delivery of 12 total in 2012.

getasset.aspx

PICTURES: Brazilian air force fields first Mi-35M attack helicopters - 4/22/2010 - Flight Global
India has more advance version ,

If you see India has installed the Heat suppression system in exhaust to deter what seeking missiles.... like this India has many move advance system it is MI-35. but India is replacing it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 8.14.33 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-23 at 8.14.33 am.png
    584.6 KB · Views: 190

hmmmm, so tell me how will the Russians be able to plug the $50+ BN (Indian spending on Russian equipment in the next decade)hole they'd create overnight in their pockets if they put defence ties with India to the test?

Not to mention that India is growing and that NO nation can ignore this, certainly not the Russians.

Don't be naive, there are no permeant friends, only permanent interests and are you seriously telling me receiving 10s of billions from India and ties with a upward power would be put on the line by Russia, and for what? Pakistan?

You do realize that Russia and India have deals that are worth more than the MMRCA deal, the FGFA alone will be worth more than the MMRCA, not to forget the upgrading of the MKI to the Super MKI which being done in Russia. Then there is the deal of MIG-29k for the Navy. At the end of the day Pakistan cannot match India's purchasing power with Russia and that is a reality. It is another reason why no one in Indian government made any comment regarding the deal, and it is why the Russians were quick to inform and talk with India about the deal.
Wooosh!!! The russian are going to take a close look at the USreali components of the SU-30MKI, while upgrading them to super looper.:o:

I asked a question earlier and I didn't get any answer for that . This was the question .
Looking at the recent developments would be enough eye-opener , is it possible that Indians who whine at every defense deal by Pakistan with different countries even with China , didn't do so with their old and time tested allies the Kremlin?
Well the answer is Both Russian and Indian AF is replacing /phasing out their mI-24/35 and now they selling them. Why would India mind if Russia selling .303 to enemy in the age of machine gun ?its gud to see Russia making money and these choper don't make any threat to India.

Wooosh!!! The russian are going to take a close look at the USreali components of the SU-30MKI, while upgrading them to super looper.:o:
It doesn't concern India since the equipment in those are already being phased out. The MKI will be brought to the same level as the Mig 35 which was offered to India.

hmmmm, so tell me how will the Russians be able to plug the $50+ BN (Indian spending on Russian equipment in the next decade)hole they'd create overnight in their pockets if they put defence ties with India to the test?
The amount of responses coming from Indians here on this topic tell me how bad the stomach hurts. How about we leave this topic and you come back in 5 years and read my posts again and feel cramps...? I can ASSURE you, the military deals are going to be happening in the next few years between Russia and Pakistan. NOTHING you can do about. No further answers to your posts. I can't fix your diarrhea over wasting disk space on this forum. The pain was really caused by your Russian friends, try not to betray everyone and people will be loyal to you. I am projecting this will happen with the US too. You guys don't understand loyalty and at some point, people see the two-face politics.

Why there's a need for that , in the first place? Why there's a need to warm-up relations with Islamabad? Why there's a need to end the arms embargo? Why there's a need to offer these helicopters? Why there's a need to extend us the invitation for SCO membership? Why sudden deviation from " You must understand that we do not deal with your enemies. We don't deliver any arms to them.... If you see otherwise, you may spit on my face. -Rogozin”? Since well .

a) The world revolves around India .
b) Russians are just too dependent on the Indian money .

Well ,
A) Russia given you engine for your plane and also transport copters
B) its PAK who gone with the shopping list citing COIN operation,
C) Well Russia support Indian membership in SCO and China support PAK, So when This time meeting is held in Russia , therefore Russia has to invite for observer status.
D) selling .303 in age of automatic gun to enemy is tho threat but a wise money to get money.
E) Any Current generation , strategic weapon you got?

Well the answer is Both Russian and Indian AF is replacing /phasing out their mI-24/35 and now they selling them. Why would India mind if Russia selling .303 to enemy in the age of machine gun ?its gud to see Russia making money and these choper don't make any threat to India.

Such perfect analogies! @Aeronaut What about adding an age limit for new members? Whats with the same broken tape in every other thread on the same topic? Kid , Russians are buying 60+ upgraded Hinds , not phasing them out currently and please do not ask for links , let Google be your best friend .

The amount of responses coming from Indians here on this topic tell me how bad the stomach hurts. How about we leave this topic and you come back in 5 years and read my posts again and feel cramps...? I can ASSURE you, the military deals are going to be happening in the next few years between Russia and Pakistan. NOTHING you can do about. No further answers to your posts. I can't fix your diarrhea over wasting disk space on this forum. The pain was really caused by your Russian friends, try not to betray everyone and people will be loyal to you. I am projecting this will happen with the US too. You guys don't understand loyalty and at some point, people see the two-face politics.

Yes we know , but when PAK will gets the equipment s which both countries planning to get rid off in favour of new agile machine. Buying .303 in age machine gun is not make you wise and it not a coupe . It win for Russia , selling old outdated technology and get money.

And you think that other nations will just leave it at that. While we are at it lets take China into account since some members brought it in here. The bigger question is will China allow Pakistan and Russia to jeopardize its deal. Secondly there is no such thing as loyalty in international politics, one would think that Pakistanis would have understood this after their relationship with US, but guess not. Every nation looks after its interest, and Russia and India know where their interest lies. India has been funding development of Russian military equipment for a long time and is still doing it, they know that pissing off India would not sit well for their own defense industry since they will be short of cash, and with China breathing on their throat they can't lose India as their primary buyer of weapons.

You do realize that Russia and India have deals that are worth more than the MMRCA deal, the FGFA alone will be worth more than the MMRCA, not to forget the upgrading of the MKI to the Super MKI which being done in Russia
I am aware of the last few deals that you'll have with Russia before you'll ditch them about 75%. Trust me on that and they already know it. Like I said to your other cousin from India. Let's not waste disk space on the forum. Let's see how many more deals with Pakistan will be inked in the next few years. In 5 years, if you don't see significant enough major deals ......you post it for me and I'll quit coming to this forum??
Learn to swallow defeat and get over fake pride given to you in the shape of economy at the cost of US worker's jobs. You should show loyalty to someone. The Russians feel betrayed and the US will feel that way in the next ten years. Its great to have national pride but you have to live with the world. Sooner or later, the other party finds out how Indian loyalty works and they'll back off. So yea, let's wait for 5 years. I'll stand by my words.

Yes we know , but when PAK will gets the equipment s which both countries planning to get rid off in favour of new agile machine. Buying .303 in age machine gun is not make you wise and it not a coupe . It win for Russia , selling old outdated technology and get money.

I'd highly suggest you bring your armor core in front of a squadron of Hinds. Let the Hinds show you how it tears up the entire core like a drill machine drills through a wood wall. May be that's when you'll feel it. Apache's are top of the line, no doubt about it. But Hinds are probably second best, more lethal than anything when it comes to payloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom