What's new

India professor held for cartoon 'ridiculing Mamata'

Yeah mate! Pakistan is a shining example for India! I think we should ramp our politicians like digvijay,mm singh,mamata,mayavati etc to megacities like karachi,abottabad,lahore etc so that they can understand why pakistan is such a successfull state and can help in rescue a failed state like india.

:blah:
Fact of the matter is, no one in Pakistan is being thrown in Jail for drawing a cartoon of a politician. Not even during a dictatorship.

:blah:
Fact of the matter is, no one in Pakistan is being thrown in Jail for drawing a cartoon of a politician. Not even during a dictatorship.

I didn't say anything against what you said!:undecided:

Mamata has got success into her head. The Mayawati of Bengal is ruining a good state. I tell you this; most of our country's regional-based parties are scum. I've till date not seen on local party perform anything good for the state (my state being quite an exception fortunately).

Whether it is SP or BSP of UP, TMC or CPI of Bengal, DMK or AIDMK for Tamil Nadu, MNS or SS for Maharashtra, none of these bozos do anything good for their state and they are far worse than pan-national parties (apart from Congress).

Don't understand when would small town people realize this...
SS-BJP Combined has Done a Great JOB in Maharashtra when they where Power from 1995-1999... a mega Construction project was completed for which they r still famous in Mumbai ... No. of Flyovers , Express Highways where constructed under there power(Including Indias first 6 lane concrete express higway was started by them)...apart from that all most all the Mega project ( inculding Dandra worli sea link) which is constructed now was all planned during SS-BJP government ...

they have even started the policy of giving free houses to slum dwellers...

The cartoonist openly challenged Mamata to arrest him on TV.

I knew this was coming.Bloody *****. where is Abir ?? didnt I tell you bro ?

After Seeing the works of DIDI, AMMA, BHENJI & MADAMJI i would say Women in Politics is a Disaster...

After Seeing the works of DIDI, AMMA, BHENJI & MADAMJI i would say Women in Politics is a Disaster...

I think thats a India only problem. Our neighbour Myanmmar has a woman leader and Nobel laureate Aung San Suchi. Margaret Thatcher..the Iron Lady, Angela Merkel, Hillary Clinton,Condolezza Rice, Kristina Kichner..the woman who saved Argentina from economic crisis etc are all bright examples of woman leadership. We are just unfortunate to have the worst of the lot.

This region lately has a lot of lady leaders. This kind of things shows shittty mamata has no sense of humor. And how could a police have that much gut to arrest a professor!!!!!!

I knew this was coming.Bloody *****. where is Abir ?? didnt I tell you bro ?

Well I had my doubts too but didn't expect you will be vindicated in just a year. The lady has lost it.

This region lately has a lot of lady leaders. This kind of things shows shittty mamata has no sense of humor. And how could a police have that much gut to arrest a professor!!!!!!

The professor was charged using IT act regarding defamation of women. The cartoon is a caricature of Satyajit Ray's one of the most famous movie Sonar Kella(Golden Fort) where the one of the protagonists is named Mukul. It's tastefully funny and not obscene. Cartoons and caricatures have been a part of Bengal's politics since long.

Dude a professor in India is a sitting duck as far as police is concerned.

Well I had my doubts too but didn't expect you will be vindicated in just a year. The lady has lost it.
What kind of political or social backlash should we expect, if any? There should be consequences for this folly.

What kind of political or social backlash should we expect, if any? There should be consequences for this folly.

Bengalis it seems is caught in between Communists and would be Communists.

Atleast the publicity this incident has gained will not allow Mamata to script the story she wants.

Back
Top Bottom