What's new

India plans to invest $25b in Bangladesh: Envoy

when indians do it doubt anyone would feel much....(micro peni*).....:rofl:

First india is not a big source for FDI, india is interested in selling its goods in the Bangladesh market not in setting up production in Bangladesh aimed at exports. Companies like tata and reliance which wanted to setup production had terms unexceptable to us.

FDI, has never been a priority as businesses concentrated on smaller projects using their own funds. Not much was spent on building the infra (roads, rail, ports, power etc). But now things have changed, we want to become a major manfacturing hub, so policies are being formulated and infra investments are being made to achieve those aims.

Major FDI and institutional investments won't be coming into Bangladesh until the required things like:

1. Deep sea ports
2. Rail networks (improved)
3. Roads (wider)
4. Power
5. Skilled and Trained manpower
6. Governance
7. Open markets
etc etc

are in place!!! Even with out all those we are still growing at above 7% GDP. :-)

So in general you will find that China either provide better financing or better terms or better products......just business.

You guys have been crying up and down. China will do this and that. But there has been actually been nothing much on the ground. Secondly if BD wants to grow in future, you cannot do without India. Indian economy is onway to become 5 trillion or more by 2030, and more than 500B$ in exports.

Many of the so called roads, ports,power plants, auto industry, construction India is a leader.

F!!! Cheap india investment. Big up China!

A big fat LooL

And they should hire Nilgiri as manager

Beggers cannot be choosers :lol:

Ouch! lol.

Nothing could be truer! :D

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-more-global-markets/articleshow/54441879.cms

Can you show me a video of BD making a 4 wheel vehicle of any size and selling them to the likes of Japan and Germany?

Sheesh. I do wear a baniyan Made in Bangladesh purchased at Old Navy. :D They too are a export powerhouse. ;)

LOL
What are you smoking? Whatever it is, it's some really good shit.

You obviously have absolutely no idea about what's going on.

Lol, after reading facts and reality, you are both hurt, I know this you yourself smoking Afghan's FREE weed which is your new puppet now, go type rubbish on Indian forums or somewhere else because you don't have a sense what is the topic and no idea yourself what's happening here and around the world :rofl::lol:

Save it, you'll need it to rebuild india after we are through with you

http://www.thefinancialexpress-bd.c...dia-plans-to-invest-$25b-in-Bangladesh:-Envoy
Published : 22 Sep 2016, 12:28:17 | Updated : 22 Sep 2016, 12:59:38
India plans to invest $25b in Bangladesh: Envoy

“India Inc is investing an estimated $11 billion in various ventures in Bangladesh,” Indian High Commissioner Harsh Vardhan Shringla said.

Prominent among these companies are Reliance Industries, the Tata Group, Ashok Leyland, Hero MotoCorp, Airtel, Marico, Godrej, VIP Industries, Ceat Tyres, Ambattur Clothing, Sahara, L&T and the Adani Group.

India having already invested 3.0 billion dollars in many projects and considering the infusion of another 11 billion dollars, a top diplomat said.

The High Commissioner met various high officials and dignitaries of India and discussed India-Bangladesh issues.

He said that a large number of important projects are being implemented jointly in Bangladesh or being executed under India’s Line of Credit funding.

“With the completion of these ongoing and proposed projects, the current India-Bangladesh annual trade volume of $6.5 billion would increase significantly,” Harsh said.

To boost trade and economy, India has already built two Integrated Check Posts (ICPs) on the India-Bangladesh borders at Agartala and Petrapole (in West Bengal), he added.

The envoy said that India-Bangladesh relations have improved extensively in the last five years and are much better than in the last 30 years.

He said that after increasing bus services between the cities of Bangladesh and India, two new rail links — Agartala (India)-Akhaura (Bangladesh) and Kolkata (India)-Khulna (Bangladesh) — are being developed.

The High Commissioner said that India has liberalised its visa procedures to a large extent and the Dhaka mission is issuing, on an average, 3,500 tourist visas per day, according to a news agency report.

-SRS-

I don't understand. Daddy India pledges to support his girls to the tune of $24b and you bitches start moaning. It's like those internet clips of spoilt girls who get a sports car on their birthday but start crying because it's the wrong colour.

Such a shame. :(

You guys have been crying up and down. China will do this and that. But there has been actually been nothing much on the ground. Secondly if BD wants to grow in future, you cannot do without India. Indian economy is onway to become 5 trillion or more by 2030, and more than 500B$ in exports.

Many of the so called roads, ports,power plants, auto industry, construction India is a leader.

Why can we not do with out india? Whats so special that others can not supply? is our biggest export market india?

Our biggest markets are the EU, US and soon ASEAN and japan....You obviosly don't see too well when it comes to China-Bangladesh relations heres a few:

1. $9bn loan as part of the $30bn upgrade for the rail system (now being raised to $13bn). Link
2. $4.44bn project rail project as part of the padma bridge project. Link
3. $1.07bn Karnaphuli tunnel project. Link
4. $3.1bn Dhaka-Jessore rail link project. Link
5. $1.55bn Padma Bridge project.
etc etc

These are just the rail and bridge projects. Then theres the power projects, road building projects and port projects....after china theres Russia ($12bn+ nuclear power project) and japan with power projects and port projects and road projects.

So you see, when it comes to investments india actually pales in comparison...india pledges and china does....thats the difference.

Oh and almost forgot, congrats on reaching $5trn GDP and $500bn exports in 2030, thats good for a nation of 1.25 billion people. Hope we achieve our target of $130bn -$150bn in exports by 2030 to, not bad for a nation of 155 million

Last edited:
I don't understand. Daddy India pledges to support his girls to the tune of $24b and you bitches start moaning. It's like those internet clips of spoilt girls who get a sports car on their birthday but start crying because it's the wrong colour.

Such a shame. :(
And I don't get why you're acting like the typical middle child when anything about Bangladesh is posted in PDF. I get about pakistanis cause its .pk site, indians cause they're everywhere! But not a clue about you, personally you. Aungjaya or w/e the name at least posts when military epeen measuring is involved but not you.
  • Nobody tagged you
  • There was no mention of Myanmar in the thread before you
  • Again this is not a BDvsMN military thread
  • Nor a thread that calls you to spout your typical #FilthyRohingaGoBackYouNoPartOfMN comments
  • This thread's in Central & South Asia section and you guys state yourselves part of East Asia so logically you'd want to spend your worthless time on China & Far East section.
  • Nor is it posted in Myanmar Defence Thread or sth

So what drives you? What's the fuel you, specifically you use to comment on threads related or about a nation you thoroughly despise and resent.

And answer it without the typical bullshiite about "freedom of speech: I can post anywhere I want, anything I want" speech please.

Why can we not do with out india? Whats so special that others can not supply? is our biggest export market india?

Our biggest markets are the EU, US and soon ASEAN and japan....You obviosly don't see too well when it comes to China-Bangladesh relations heres a few:

1. $9bn loan as part of the $30bn upgrade for the rail system (now being raised to $13bn). Link
2. $4.44bn project rail project as part of the padma bridge project. Link
3. $1.07bn Karnaphuli tunnel project. Link
4. $3.1bn Dhaka-Jessore rail link project. Link
5. $1.55bn Padma Bridge project.
etc etc

These are just the rail and bridge projects. Then theres the power projects, road building projects and port projects....after china theres Russia ($12bn+ nuclear power project) and japan with power projects and port projects and road projects.

So you see, when it comes to investments india actually pales in comparison...india pledges and china does....thats the difference.

Oh and almost forgot, congrats on reaching $5trn GDP and $500bn exports in 2030, thats good for a nation of 1.25 billion people. Hope we achieve our target of $130bn -$150bn in exports by 2030 to, not bad for a nation of 155 million
Only yesterday govt approved Dhaka-Sylhet 4 lane and Chittagong-Coxsbazar expressway worth 5 billion dollar with Chinese. There are so many Chinese funded project that I even lost counting billions. I suspect it will cross 100 billion by 2021.

Only yesterday govt approved Dhaka-Sylhet 4 lane and Chittagong-Coxsbazar expressway worth 5 billion dollar with Chinese. There are so many Chinese funded project that I even lost counting billions. I suspect it will cross 100 billion by 2021.

Dont know about $100bn, but if the other projects get the green light (new airport, another padma scale bridge, power stations, roads etc etc) you could be close to $50bn by 2021.

We will build a SEZ of RAW in Bangladesh!!!!!

Try building one near to the pak border first....looks like you guys chickened out, from all that chest thumping about surgical strikes, punative action....anyway RAW needs to get Chinese funding to afford land in Bangladesh.

Dont know about $100bn, but if the other projects get the green light (new airport, another padma scale bridge, power stations, roads etc etc) you could be closej.

Water treatment plant, dhaka-cht expressway, dhaka-cht high speed train, dhak-ashulia elevated expressway, dhaka-maoa elevated expressway, dhaka-bypass acess control expressway, 1320 mw coal fired power plant in cht, pyra port projects, few friendship bridges, 3 SEZ and many others. Just give you few examples which are cooking.

Water treatment plant, dhaka-cht expressway, dhaka-cht high speed train, dhak-ashulia elevated expressway, dhaka-maoa elevated expressway, dhaka-bypass acess control expressway, 1320 mw coal fired power plant in cht, pyra port projects, few friendship bridges, 3 SEZ and many others. Just give you few examples which are cooking.

Yep, more to come in the future.....and this from a government that "loves india", LOL. Well looks like even the AL has more fath in China then their "true love".....:rofl:....and they say we cant progress without india.

And I don't get why you're acting like the typical middle child when anything about Bangladesh is posted in PDF. I get about pakistanis cause its .pk site, indians cause they're everywhere! But not a clue about you, personally you. Aungjaya or w/e the name at least posts when military epeen measuring is involved but not you.
  • Nobody tagged you
  • There was no mention of Myanmar in the thread before you
  • Again this is not a BDvsMN military thread
  • Nor a thread that calls you to spout your typical #FilthyRohingaGoBackYouNoPartOfMN comments
  • This thread's in Central & South Asia section and you guys state yourselves part of East Asia so logically you'd want to spend your worthless time on China & Far East section.
  • Nor is it posted in Myanmar Defence Thread or sth

So what drives you? What's the fuel you, specifically you use to comment on threads related or about a nation you thoroughly despise and resent.

And answer it without the typical bullshiite about "freedom of speech: I can post anywhere I want, anything I want" speech please.

The travails of your country and people amuse me greatly.

Back
Top Bottom