What's new

India Patronize Hindu terrorism

Bangladeshi Rampage on Hindu minority

July 28, 2009

By Dr. Richard Benkin

Reports began trickling out of Bangladesh this spring about an anti-Hindu violence in the heart of its capital carried out in three stages: March 30, April 17, and April 29. A community of approximately 400 Hindus was reportedly going about its business when “hundreds of Muslims” suddenly descended on them and demanded they quit the homes where they and their families had lived for the past 150 years. Witnesses also report that police watched passively while attackers beat residents and destroyed a Hindu temple.

And although every Hindu, as well as the international community, should have reacted with horror and outrage, neither did.

The Bangladeshi Government denied that any such thing happened, and local police captain Tofazzal Hossain declared, “No demolition of temple occurred. There was no temple there, only a few idols.” Yet, sources for the charge — Global Human Rights Defence at The Hague and the Bangladesh Hindu, Buddhist, Christian Unity Council, as well as several local human rights groups and newspapers — are highly credible, prompting our two-month investigation that confirms something terrible did occur, even if not exactly as described by initial reports.

For while not all 400 Hindus were made homeless, a significant number were, which is tragic enough, especially since many remain so months later. Nor has the Bangladeshi Governmenteven bothered to deny that Hindus were beaten, some religious desecration occurred, or that police were present during the attacks. We also confirmed that the area attacked was located directly behind the Sutrapur Police Station in Dhaka and the Shiv Mandir only about 18 m from it; yet, the police did nothing to stop its destruction.

This is not about one terrible event, but about a system of legalised ethnic cleansing that has proceeded non-stop for decades and which places every one of Bangladesh’s 13,000,000-15,000,000 Hindus at risk. For despite Governmentprotestations to the contrary, normal legal protections are suspended for Hindus and other minorities in Bangladesh who are often subject to arbitrary actions by the Muslim majority.

Two Hindus, Jogesh Chandra and Taraknath Das, originally owned the land in Sutrapur. They migrated to India in 1947 but before doing so, gifted it to the remaining Hindus; most of them their former servants. A local Muslim, Mahbubur Rahman, tried for years to seize it but could not produce the necessary legal fiction. But after Rahman’s death, his brother and nephews determined to do what he could not because they were politically well-connected.

They used their position to prevail upon police to demand written proof of ownership from the Hindus, which all parties knew they could not provide given their impoverished state and the nature of partition-era transactions. Nevertheless, that was all theGovernment needed to secretly void the Hindus’ title using Bangladesh’s Vested Property Act. This empowers theGovernment to declare any ‘non-Muslim’ land vested once its ownership is questioned, no mater how flimsy the pretext, and award it to any Muslim who then can seize it, as was done in Sutrapur.

Next, the police refused to pursue any prosecution in the matter, even though at least three separate crimes were committed: Land seizure, beatings, and religious destruction. The GHRD and other groups have lodged formal protests and brought the matter to Dhaka’s Metropolitan Police Commissioner, but he also “refused to take any action against the perpetrators of crime,” according to GHRD’s Jenny Lundstrom.

Nor did the cover-up stop there. Mr Zakir Hossain, chief executive of local human rightsgroup, Nagorik Uddyog, told me that his organisation appealed to the Bangladeshi Parliament and Awami League MP Shuranjit Sengupta, but neither he nor his party has taken any action. All of the Bangladeshi officials I contacted refused to comment on the incident.

It would appear that these enforcers of the law have become enforcers of lawlessness, abetting crimes against minorities and sending a message that Bangladesh is a country where the law gives Muslims preferential treatment even if it means ignoring elementary standards of justice.

This explains how Muslims have been able to seize 75 per cent of all Hindu-owned land in Bangladesh. It also means that the reduction of Hindus from almost 30 per cent of the population to nine per cent has been no accident but a deliberate process of ethnic cleansing, which if unchecked, will rid Bangladesh of its remaining Hindu population in our lifetime. And nobody seems to care; the world’s self-appointed human rightsarbiters remain shamefully silent.

Meanwhile, dozens of Hindu victims from Sutrapur, including mothers and their children, remain homeless. The lucky ones are flopping in different slums each night, but for others, as one victim put it, “We are now passing a miserable life with no home and very little to eat.”

Arrests signal rise of "Hindu terrorism" in India

Andrew Legon, 13 November 2008

Indian police arrested a Hindu monk on Wednesday during an investigation into a wave of bomb attacks that have killed more than 200 people this year. Sudhakar Dwivedi, who often used the alias Swami Amritanand, was arrested in Kanpur in the central state of Uttar Pradesh. The head of a Hindu monastery, Amritanand was charged with conspiring in an attack on the predominantly Muslim town of Malegoan in September which killed four people.

The toD Verdict: In years past, terrorism in India has been largely blamed on Islamist groups. Concern has recently shifted, however, to the rising problem of Hindu militancy which many fear could be fulfilling Jawaharlal Nehru's prediction in 1964 that the main danger to India was "Hindu right-wing communalism." The case of Sudhakar Dwivedi follows the arrest of nine other suspects who have been charged with murder and conspiracy in connection with the Malegoan bombing. In August, two members of a Hindu chauvinist group the Bajrang Dal died while trying to build a bomb in the northern town of Kanpur. Two other suspected members of the same group died under similar circumstances in 2006. Keep up to date with the latest developments and sharpest perspectives in a world of strife and struggle.

Bal Thackeray, the leader of another Hindu hard-line group the Shiv Sena, wrote in June that "the threat of Islamic terror in India is rising... it is time to counter the same with Hindu terror. Hindu suicide squads should be readied to ensure the existence of Hindu society and to protect the nation."

Worryingly, analysts have highlighted disturbing connections between fringe Hindu militants and military and civilian officials. One of the Malegoan suspects, Lt. Colonel Shrikant Prasad Purohit, has been accused of providing money, arms and training to the bombers. Meanwhile, in the eastern state of Orissa, Hindu police officers have been accused of deliberate inaction and active participation in recent anti-Christian violence. Fraternal outfits of the state-ruling BJP party such as the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and the Bajrang Dal have been implicated in the violence.

Hindu militancy, which has been labeled "reverse terrorism" by partisans who see such action as revenge for earlier Muslim or Christian provocation, is a worrisome escalation of violence that could pose an existential threat to multicultural India.

Arrests signal rise of "Hindu terrorism" in India | openDemocracy

Muslim Police vandalize the Hindu minority houses in Bangladesh

July 21, 2009

Chittagong (Bangladesh): Local police vandalize the minority houses of Bonikpara at Rangunia in Chittagong on July 18th. Police broke the gate enter the houses of minority families at around 3:30 in the early morning, said Asa Lota Ghosh

On Saturday police only broke into the houses of minorities and vandalize the houses and roughly beaten the woman and children said locals As a Hindu minority Prodip Ghosh went to the police station to file a complain against police, police denied to take any complain, said Prodip Ghosh Local UP chairman Abdul Kaium said as I went to the place of incident , I saw the house was vandalized and the door was broken Local police chief said police went there to search criminals but as they did not co operate the police broke into the house.

Yawn Yawn !!!
Th same point is being written and re written and re written and re analyzed over and over again and again.....

Move on people....Nothing to see

Year 2008...Report on Persecution of Hindus in Bangladesh

March 27, 2009

Report Documents Persecution of Hindus in Bangladesh
Amsterdam (Holland): The Global Human Rights Defense has just published its annual report on human rights violations in Bangladesh. The report documents atrocities perpetrated on the Hindu minority in 2008.

Before Bangladesh became a separate country, the Enemy Property Act of 1965 was passed. This law allowed the confiscation of property owned by non-Muslims, considering them to be “enemies of the state.” This act was never repealed; instead, it was renamed as the Vested Property Act 1974, allowing the expropriation of Hindu property to continue. By 2006, over 26 million acres of land had been confiscated from its Hindu owners. Due to this and the communal conflicts that resulted, Hindus have fled to India in great numbers. In 2001, the Awami League government passed an ordinance known as the Vested Property Return Act, but this has never been implemented.

The Vested Property Act creates an atmosphere in which violence against Hindus is accepted. During 2008 the targeting of Hindus continued, with physical attacks (including the raping of many women), the destruction of temples, and the looting of houses. Frequently these victims received little cooperation or help from police.

Specific incidents described in the human rights report include attacks on Hindu homes, resulting in serious injuries to many (including women and children); the looting, illegal demolition and desecration of several Hindu temples; and the partial destruction of the graveyard of a Hindu orphanage.

^^^

Tired?? Come on you can do it..

Hhaha,.. that was a good one man..!!!!

And yes i think hindu terrorism is prevailent but in miniscule forms.. But i think not to the extend of islamic terrorism. However, this is to be noted and removed from the bud itself, and thankfully our nation is not one, which descriminates terrorists based on their religion..!!!! ;) And colonel purohit and sadhu pragya are behind bars now..!!!!!
But i dont understand why idune is rambling the same story again and again!!!

Bangladeshi leaflets ask voters not to elect Hindu candidate

December 16, 2008

This situation pathetic situation of Hindus in Muslim countries! In India, a Muslim can become Member of Parliament, Prime Minister and even President of India; but in Muslim countries it will be very difficult for Hindu to even become Member of some Govt. Organisation!

Dhaka (Bangladesh): Leaflets asking Muslims not to elect a Hindu candidate have been distributed in a northern constituency of Bangladesh in the run up to the Dec 29 general election, a media report said Monday. Three types of leaflets distributed in Thakurgaon-1 constituency ask people not to vote for Ramesh Chandra Sen, the nominee of the Awami League (AL) because he is a Hindu. Voters have been asked to elect Mirza Fakhrul Islam, nominee of the rival Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), The Daily Star newspaper reported.

The leaflets - one containing verses from the Quran and their translation, the other a parody of a popular song and another a few short Bangla verses - bear the name of Bangladesh Muslim League presidium member M. Shamsul Haque. He is currently the vice-president of Thakurgaon Sadar BNP committee.

The party Haque belongs to was powerful during the Pakistan era, but has not had mass support in Bangladesh since the 1971 separation.

Election Officer Mohammed Saiful Islam told The Daily Star that the distribution of the leaflets “is not a violation of electoral rules since no Muslim League candidate is participating in the election from this constituency”.

However, Sen said the leaflets had an appeal beyond party lines and were meant to exploit Muslim religious sentiments.

One of the leaflets, titled “Al-Quraner Bani” (teachings of the Quran), quotes different verses and clearly asks Muslims not to cast their vote for a non-Muslim candidate. It also says that Islam does not accept the idea of secularism.

Activist’s Beating More Evidence of Red-Green Alliance

August 13, 2008

By Dr. Richard L. Benkin

Bikash Halder has been traversing West Bengal for months looking for help in protecting the more than 15 million Bangladeshi Hindus from Islamist radicals. His concern at the moment is the fate of those refugees now living in camps that dot the Indian border areas with Bangladesh, and who remain stateless as a result of decisions in New Delhi and Kolkata. But on July 27, at least 18 people carried out a brutal and coordinated attack on him, seriously injuring him. He was treated at a local hospital and again by a physician closer to his home. His wounds took over two weeks to heal.

Halder boarded a bus near Kolkata that morning headed for the West Bengal district of North Dinajpur. But when the bus arrived at Surjyapur, a couple stops before his destination, at least eighteen people boarded the vehicle and dragged him onto the road.

“They said nothing,” he told me, “but just dragged me off [and] unitedly started to beat me….They beat me with lethal weapons, including revolvers, sharp sticks, and other dreadful arms. And they repeatedly said that they will kill me” if I continued my activities for the Bangladeshi Hindu refugees.

Several local residents, including a Mr. Sanjay and a Mr. Golok, came to his rescue.

“With their weapons, they could have killed me, but they did not. They want us to stop, but I will not stop trying to help these people,” Halder said, and he has since resumed his activism.

Halder visited North Dinajpur less than two weeks before the attack and met with Rabi Sikari from the village of Balur Badh. “Sakari promised me that he will help us earnestly to open a new unit of our endeavors” in the district. At the meeting, Sakari’s daughter, Shefali Bain, committed to create a “Ladies Unit” to protect the refugees. Halder returned home confident of having formed yet another alliance. A few days later, in fact, he received a call from the two who said they had been moving forward and wanted to have another planning meeting at their residence. They said that it was imperative for him to be at that meeting, which was what brought Halder to North Dinajpur the day of the attack.

Halder identified over a dozen of the attackers by name, including Shefali Bain and her husband Koyel Bain. “Not only did they beat me,” he said, “but also snatched my liquid money about 8ooo [Indian Rupees], my ATM card, official identity card, and other valuable documents with my address, and above all my traveling kits. You can see, the entire thing was a trap to stop us.”

“All of my attackers are inhabitants of North Dinajpur,” he said. “Most are supporters of CPIM,” the Communist Party of India/Marxist, which has ruled West Bengal for the past three decades. Several local Hindu leaders (who are remaining anonymous for fear of retaliation) helped him with the identification. They seemed to confirm Halder’s suspicions that the attack was a joint effort by Communists and Islamists, who have been collaborating to victimizie Bangladesh’s Hindus for several decades. Those local leaders who came to Halder’s aid also told him that “Shefali and Rabi Sikari are fully dependent on Md. Masud for their livelihood.”

Md. Masud Vill was one of the leaders of the attack, and locals in North Dinajpur stated that his connection to Islamist terrorist groups is well known. “A few months ago,” they said, “Local police picked up a Kasmiri radical at Md. Masud’s house, but he was released without any charges ever being filed against him or Masud. This is because the West Bengal government never does anything against Islamic radicals.”

Suspicion has also fallen on Sipan Basu, a former associate of Halder’s. He began working with Halder late last year and accompanied the two of us as we toured well over a dozen refugee camps in West Bengal this past February and interviewed scores of refugees. Unbeknownst to us at the time, however, Basu had embezzled approximately 150,000 Bangladeshi Taka ($2,200 US) that was collected to support our efforts on behalf of the Bangladeshi Hindus. Ever since that time, he has been trying to subvert Halder’s efforts. Informants from inside Bangladesh also have connected Basu to ongoing illegal enterprises, including human trafficking. “The reason [for my suspicion],” Halder said, “is that Rabi Sikari—the very man who laid this trap for me—is the uncle of the criminal Sipan.”

Bikash Halder represents Interfaith Strength, a human rights group founded by this writer, which is actively involved in trying to stop the ethnic cleansing of Bangladeshi Hindus. Halder and Interfaith Strength also have been active in exposing the links between Communists and Islamists in South Asia, termed by this writer as the Red-Green Alliance.

indian and hindu extremist funded propaganda on Bangladesh. And there is no link or credibility on any of these post by indiatech

Indian State Terror EXPOSED - Hindus Speak Out

Last edited by a moderator:
indian and hindu extremist funded propaganda on Bangladesh. And there is no link or credibility on any of these post by indiatech

:rofl::rofl: so an editor from Pakistan has more credibility ??

Shuru kisne kiya????? Hhehe just kidding, but idune, why are you repeating the same story again, i think we had discussed about this hindu terrorism many a times in this forum..!!!!

Back
Top Bottom