Country
Pakistan
India, Pakistan border troops exchange sweets on Republic Day
By Reuters
Published: January 26, 2017
1SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1307756-troops-1485426288-635-640x480.jpg

Soldiers of India's Border Security Force (BSF) exchange sweets with Pakistani Rangers to mark the 68th Republic Day. PHOTO: AFP

Soldiers of India’s Border Security Force (BSF) and Pakistan Rangers exchanged sweets to mark India’s 68th Republic Day on Thursday.

India won independence from British rule on August 15, 1947, but it was not until January 26, 1950, that the nation declared itself a sovereign republic state with the adoption of its constitution. This day is celebrated as Republic Day.

India’s army chief hurls more sinister threats

BSF personnel and Pakistan Rangers shook hands as they exchanged sweets.

“On the behalf of DG BSF and BSF, happy Republic Day to all my countrymen and on this occasion, BSF presented the sweets to the Pakistan Rangers,” said, BSF Commandant, Sudeep Kumar, in Attari village of northern Punjab state.

It is a tradition for Indian and Pakistani soldiers to exchange sweets on days of national importance for the two countries and on the occasion of major festivals every year. The annual practice is a confidence building measure and an attempt to establish peace between the nuclear-armed neighbours.

For a moment i thought the troops exchanged fire. It was mere sweets lol. Jokes apart we should encourage such gestures rather than being at each others throat all the time.

And those shells that we fire at each other, they must be a very good use of money right?
You are forgetting that this is not the first ocassion of exchange of sweets, a similar exchange happened in August too:
D8C56ILt2cA3FIqIA_ruXtMATp98k9zcLqNjpi1kzLpprmyZ6QbN2BPEvX0p9ZvIr5jfAi-o4J_LzEAmDWtWgFe9FM5xjJdDTpGoah5u-DlRj3h6bpRN1QXAFvggDa2aTgjvRl6avcWLF3UThjUY922so6l3pfe1tTbC4V6Q_tfdUZtH6qXW9rf7TqOCOb0zILm2ig=w470-h313-nc

This should be the norm. This love-hate, love to hate, or hate to love relationship between the two countries need to grow into a normal/mature/friendly relations.

Both countries rulers/establishment are paranoid and skeptical of each others. Need to shun the supremacist, egoistic attitude and brace the reality.

Off topic, allow me to know what is the standard way of dressing in the Indian forces? Shirt tucked in or out?

Sardar ji aye mithyai mere hath na kha leo, kul phir me tenu goli maran ga

Its time to eat sweets.
Next they will go man the posts and panzerschreck the other side <3.

Strange enemies ... Exchange fire all the time and when you are tired of that let's exchange some sweets .:D

My uncle used to tell me when he was posted on the border in Kashmir in PA , they were eyeball to eyeball with Indian border forces , about 10 feet apart. Him and his fellow PA soldiers used to play cards with the Indian soldiers, exchange snacks, stories, medicines etc and shoot at them when ordered to do so.

My uncle used to tell me when he was posted on the border in Kashmir in PA , they were eyeball to eyeball with Indian border forces , about 10 feet apart. Him and his fellow PA soldiers used to play cards with the Indian soldiers, exchange snacks, stories, medicines etc and shoot at them when ordered to do so.

XD

Make sure there are no chocoRobotic spies in them (For India).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom