What's new

India-Pak flag meeting fails to ease border tension

01_03.jpg

Can you beat it... After almost 12 years I can still read some urdu... I can read few words ...

Poonch: Control line par pakistan aur bharat ke brigade (?) (something) ke (something sometihing) meeting ke douran (something) kar rahe hein.... Guys... Fill in the four blanks please...

I am so happy, I can still read some urdu
@Secur ... or anyone else

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you beat it... After almost 12 years I can still read some urdu... I can read few words ...

Poonch: Control line par pakistan aur bharat ke brigade (?) (something) ke (something sometihing) meeting ke douran (something) kar rahe hein.... Guys... Fill in the four blanks please...

I am so happy, I can still read some urdu
@Secur ... or anyone else

brigadier level officers are shaking hands before meeting :D

How can you read Urdu though ? :what:

Last edited by a moderator:
brigadier level officers are shaking hands before meeting :D

How can you read Urdu though ? :what:

How do you think I know so much about J&K? ;) That is my home state and urdu is the official state language. I have read some of iqbal's poems in urdu when I was a kid :D My family is still pretty much there on the same border, which is in news for the wrong reasons

I would be grateful if you could translate those 4 exact missing words in my statement... it will help me rehash my language skills...

Curious questions: Isn't it strange that the PA brigadier has no stars visible (or I just can't see it in the pic or he's wearing a jacket?) and why are these guys in un-tucked uniform of sorts? I mean is this normal? (I don't think so). I thought uniformed men always wear a belt (If you don't do that in a official NCC meet, we used to get kicked and here these are in full army uniform )

How do you think I know so much about J&K? ;) That is my home state and urdu is the official state language. I have read some of iqbal's poems in urdu when I was a kid :D My family is still pretty much there on the same border, which is in news for the wrong reasons

I would be grateful if you could translate those 4 exact missing words in my statement... it will help me rehash my language skills...

Where are you from , mate ? Do not mind if I suddenly log off , I starting to feel dizzy now after a busy day and its 5 AM PST :lol: Which one ? " Saare Jahaan se Acha " perhaps ?

brigadier ki satah ( normally means surface ) ke afsaraan ( officers ) flag meeting ( flag meeting ) ke doran ( during ) musahfa ( shaking hands ) ker rhe hein ( doing ) :D

It is the American way of wearing the tunic UNTUCKED. (A style being adapted by many militaries - even in China)
If you see any pictures of American Marines/ Army personnel in Tactical Uniforms Tunic (TUT), it's always untucked.

Curious questions: Isn't it strange that the PA brigadier has no stars visible (or I just can't see it in the pic or he's wearing a jacket?) and why are these guys in un-tucked uniform of sorts? I mean is this normal? (I don't think so). I thought uniformed men always wear a belt (If you don't do that in a official NCC meet, we used to get kicked and here these are in full army uniform )

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistani army today said one of its soldiers was killed in "unprovoked firing" along the Line of Control.

A statement from the army's media arm alleged that Indian troops violated the ceasefire on the LoC and "carried out unprovoked firing" in Hotspring and Jandrot sectors.

The firing continued from 10pm to 11pm Pakistan time and the soldier was killed at Kundi post, the statement said.

The LoC has witnessed several clashes since last week that have left two Indian soldiers and as many Pakistani soldiers dead.

Officials of the two sides have traded angry charges over the violation of the ceasefire that was put in place in late 2003.

One soldier killed in 'unprovoked firing': Pakistan army - The Times of India

Another ceasefire voilation. When will this stop? This soldier from PA had a wife and 3 daughters as
per ISPR source.

Did any one notice none of the Pakistani side have no shoulder patches denoting rank. they went in stealthy its said till the hand shake no one knew on the Indian side who is in-charge.

pak army new unifrom is as US army . already ended that old style dear now its new uniform and its better then old one .

New+Uniform+of+Pakistan+Army.jpg

Newuniform.jpg

x0ohs6.jpg

its US army
LTG%20FREAKLEY%20ACU.jpg

Where are you from , mate ? Do not mind if I suddenly log off , I starting to feel dizzy now after a busy day and its 5 AM PST :lol: Which one ? " Saare Jahaan se Acha " perhaps ?

brigadier ki satah ( normally means surface ) ke afsaraan ( officers ) flag meeting ( flag meeting ) ke doran ( during ) musahfa ( shaking hands ) ker rhe hein ( doing ) :D

Ref red part.

In this case ' satah' means ..Brig level officers ...not surface.

Imran has answered you question .

Just to add some armies feel that in combat situations badges of rank need not be prominently displayed ( on the shoulder) for a variety of reasons. The US & Brit forces have since removed them from the shoulders & tagged them on the chest.

PA too has recently followed this pattern.

The IA does not. There was a move in the recent past to wear black badges of rank on the epaulettes. Not sure of the status now.

Yep. That is a school prayer where I come from. So, i learnt it in urdu and obviously i still remember it. :)

What's the likelihood that Pakistan would retaliate? Are they going to let this die?

Of course not, they are going to invade India and cut it into several pieces, as they have always done during previous such incidents.

On a serious note, the two countries will either have to live with these border "incidents" every now and then, perhaps with increasing frequency, and keep loosing a man or two and display some fleeting, vacuous outrage each time, OR resolve the Kashmir conflict once and for all. It is ridiculous that the dispute over Kashmir has entered the 23,896th day today.

Back
Top Bottom