What's new

India not willing to play by the rules: US lawmakers

Why do i get the feeling that india will also become anti-american in the future??

after reading this article i think our authorities did a great job by standing up to this nonsense.

The reason why the Indian Supreme court denied a patent to Glivec is very technical, not for the price. It is about what constitutes ever greening. Confusion on the SC verdict only adds to the hot air in such a discussion.

The heading needs a minor change, it should be "India not willing to play by the American rules: US lawmakers ". The Americans tend to forget that India is not an American patsy.
"I hear that India is revoking and denying patents and granting compulsory licenses for cancer treatments or adopting local content requirements"

Why shouldn't India have its own guidelines, why should they allow Indian citizen to be used a guinea pigs. All cancer drugs including chemo and radiotherapy has significant side-effects which might vary with race. The lawmaker should read some science before making a fool of himself.

of course the US hegemony must be finished & for that a stronger china is required
yes there are some border Issues but i think they will get resolved eventually & Sino-Indian Relation ship will grow multifold
Who knows we might even become allies

Every nation has it own interest to defend, It's not China's interest to let India get beaten by U.S over Economical issue because next will be China's turn. I understand why China India join hand on hand when facing Western pressure over Climat change issue, oil sanction on Iran...trade...we rather want to set a side the border issues and concentrate on economy threat and deal with common problem.

China India should be meatshield for each other, if one fail other will be vulnerable, we're link by economical fate and need to consider billions mouths to feed.

We not anti towards any country but I cannot say about :pdf: opinion. :coffee: :pop:

Time changes everything! Right now some indians are Pro-US but in the future they might be the opposite. Maybe i could be wrong but we will have to see it for ourselves. The reason i get that feeling is because of discriminatory attacks against indians in US is rising and everyone has a breaking point.

Time changes everything! Right now some indians are Pro-US but in the future they might be the opposite. Maybe i could be wrong but we will have to see it for ourselves. The reason i get that feeling is because of discriminatory attacks against indians in US is rising and everyone has a breaking point.

I don't see OURSELVES as PRO-US ........We are PRO Towards our National Interest but unfortunately we have politicians who are Anti Indian's :hitwall:. Pardon me, as I'm not clear about the BOLD part, I would request you to mention it in detail :undecided: ...

it wont :)

I cant comment much about business/trade rules but seems US is trying to snatch some of the native products from desis under IP rights

No she is referring to the pharma patents and thank god we dont recognize such stupid patents because of which poor people can at least afford the medication.

Every nation has it own interest to defend, It's not China's interest to let India get beaten by U.S over Economical issue because next will be China's turn. I understand why China India join hand on hand when facing Western pressure over Climat change issue, oil sanction on Iran...trade...we rather want to set a side the border issues and concentrate on economy threat and deal with common problem.

China India should be meatshield for each other, if one fail other will be vulnerable, we're link by economical fate and need to consider billions mouths to feed.

By far one of the best explanations on why India and China should stick together leaving our disagreements aside.

I wonder what rules they are talking about.

If India is violating any international trade agreements that it has signed under the WTO then that would be wrong.

However, if it is their own little rules that they are talking about , then these law makers can kindly eff off!

I wonder what rules they are talking about.

If India is violating any international trade agreements that it has signed under the WTO then that would be wrong.

However, if it is their own little rules that they are talking about , then these law makers can kindly eff off!

ICC rules... mostly with review systems, men outside circle and sometimes over rate.

Actually support India on this. Why should medicine be overpriced when it can save lives. it's the sad day when people with insurance have to pay 2,500 for one month supply of medicine, meanwhile the generic made in india substitute is less than 15 dollars.

Back
Top Bottom