What's new

India might supply fuel to Pakistan, Bangladesh

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI- India is expected to tap the potential of fuel supplies to neighboring Pakistan and Bangladesh as Modi diplomacy paves way to proactive trade initiatives.

''It is obviously too early in the day but there is tremendous potential for India's oil companies to supply fuels to Pakistan and Bangladesh. Petrol and diesel can be transported by pipelines once plans are in place,'' reports quoted oil sector official as saying.

Pakistan is currently facing acute shortage of auto fuels and Pakistan State Oil (PSO), the national oil company, is reported to have failed to supply fuel to any domestic or international flight.

PSO was trying to arrange fuel for the international flights on emergency basis, reports said.

It remains to be seen if the new Indian government succeeds in regaining the lost momentum with Pakistan

India might supply fuel to Pakistan, Bangladesh

Petroleum products are costly in India than in Pakistan right????? I read some where that Pakistan get fuel from a KSA at a lower price......

Petroleum products are costly in India than in Pakistan right????? I read some where that Pakistan get fuel from a KSA at a lower price......

Do not worry. Pakistan will not buy costly petroleum if cheaper fuel is available. India is considering means there is a potential and possibility.

I don't get it; How can they get fuel unless we participate in TAPI, which is still a pipeline dream. TAPI with the inclusion of Bangladesh means we will need to distribute costs with Bangladesh which they cannot afford. Also, like we are going to pay Pakistan, Pakistan pays Afghanistan, Bangladesh will have to pay us transit fees which is a formidable cost at this juncture for them.

Even if NAMO pulls this off upto India, I don't see how this will extend to Bangladesh.

Back
Top Bottom