What's new

India may transfer some Migs to Srilanka: Source

Sorry, to me and everyone who understands the difference between the two, it is plain blackmailing.
Black mailing or not, Indian Lobby has user again screwed us over and all we did was sit quietly on the sidelines to let India do their thing with the Lankans. Foreign Office is as crappy as it can get

AESA was decided to be installed on Tejas in Oct 15,,, hence it is to be installed on MK2,,, as MK1A is already on final design phase,, so hold on dear,,, its just announced,, it takes years to integrate and test ...

AESA is announced in oct 15,,, hence it cant be MK1A,,, its MK2,,, Radar is main component,,, will take years in design integration and testing,,, it is just decided,,, not even evaluated and you guys are having wet dreams ...

India isn't going to install its indigenous AESA radar 'Uttam',which is currently under development, in Tejas 1A.
The radar we are talking about here is Elta's ELM-2052. It does not require any change in the airframe for that, so don't know where did you get this idea that since the news of AESA radar came out in Oct 2015, Tejas Mk1A, which will start getting inducted from 2017 onwards won't have them.

can pak not offer the jets free of cost to SL to counter india offer?

Offer which jet free of cost?

AESA was decided to be installed on Tejas in Oct 15,,, hence it is to be installed on MK2,,, as MK1A is already on final design phase,, so hold on dear,,, its just announced,, it takes years to integrate and test ...

AESA is announced in oct 15,,, hence it cant be MK1A,,, its MK2,,, Radar is main component,,, will take years in design integration and testing,,, it is just decided,,, not even evaluated and you guys are having wet dreams ...

MK1A is not MK2.
MK2 will have a different indigenous AESA radar(Uttam), engine, other avionics and subsystems and overall will be more powerful than its predecessor.

Diplomacy is at its high end... we give them millions of $ every year along with reconstructions. we don't want to see them go on others pocket certainly not to our rival. older aircraft is only a stop gap measure... most of the SLAF's fighters are older second handed ones

I agree on the Pakistan part.

Don't tell me we are asking them to wait for Tejas because it will take a lot of time before HAL is done assembling our own requirements.

SLAF is a pretty safe and sound country considering that it doesn't have any immediate enemy now (now that the Church-funded separatists have been wiped off... not Tamil or Sinhala). Why not lease them some BAE Hawks with light armaments? Or even arm them with weaponized Dorniers for maritime patrol?

MK1A is not MK2.
MK2 will have a different indigenous AESA radar(Uttam), engine, other avionics and subsystems and overall will be more powerful than its predecessor.
So changes are just planned on MK1A ... even prototype with all the right configuration is not ready ... so means MK1A will take half a decade atleast to fly ... and you dancing that Tejas has AESA lolzzz

So changes are just planned on MK1A ... even prototype with all the right configuration is not ready ... so means MK1A will take half a decade atleast to fly ... and you dancing that Tejas has AESA lolzzz
How much time did Naval LCA took? 2 yrs Flat.... That is the beauty of developing a platform you own ... you can upgrade...enhance ...improve the way you like.

How much time did Naval LCA took? 2 yrs Flat.... That is the beauty of developing a platform you own ... you can upgrade...enhance ...improve the way you like.

2 years ,,, i thought you were trying to prepare Tejas since 80s,,, I think I am too weak at maths ... lolz

2 years ,,, i thought you were trying to prepare Tejas since 80s,,, I think I am too weak at maths ... lolz

Naval LCA is a separate project.. that is specifically designing Jet for Navy...

Now tell me..is there a Naval version of JF17 Flying around?

MK1A will be inducted only after the first 20 MK1 aircrafts are delivered to the IAF. And please refer to the above posts again, there is no need for a prototype of MK1A, its the same aircraft as MK1, only with different radars and an external EW suite, now figure it out how long can it take.

Naval LCA is a separate project.. that is specifically designing Jet for Navy...

Now tell me..is there a Naval version of JF17 Flying around?
They don't even have twin seater version of JF17 and you are asking them about Naval Version.....

Well that's one way to kill SL pilots, just give them your junk flying coffins.

bro,,,according to my source FOC wont be achieved this year
FOC will be achieved in 2016 for sure, the Quartz crystal dome and IFR probe were delivered (late) in Q4 2015, the project team has been pushing to AoA to FOC requirements and when the 2 LCA return to Jamnaghar in a couple of weeks it will be firing the Derby and Python- basically all FOC parameters met/to be met shortly.

Do you think the MoD would be allowing HAL to saunter down to Bahrain for a 2-3 week holiday (in effect) if there wasn't certainty of acheiving FOC in the coming months? There is a reason HAL has chosen this year to go to the Sakir airshow.

India may transfer some Migs to Srilanka: Source
Published January 14, 2016
SOURCE: IDRW NEWS NETWORK (INN)

33wxyjd.jpg

After transferring Mi-25 Attack Gunships to Afghanistan on request of Afghan President recently, India is deliberating if a Srilankan request to provide fighter jets for their air force can be taken up after India forced Srilanka to reconsider their decision on making the purchase of Sino-Pakistan developed JF-17 fighter jets.

Well, informed Sources in air force close to idrw.org have informed us that instead of offering Homegrown LCA-Tejas to Srilanka, IAF may transfer some of Upgraded Mig-27 along with Spares to Srilankan Air force at FOC ( Free of Cost).

Srilankan Air force already operates Mig-27 purchased from Ukraine and Russia in past and HAL/IAF have helped train Pilots/Aircrew while Srilankan Military was on offensive against LTTE, Mig-27s along with Kfir fighter jets played crucial roles in Bombing LTTE targets in the last phase of the Civil war.

Indian Air forces already have plans to retire older un-upgraded Mig-27s from its fleet this year on wards and also have plans to phase out upgraded Mig-27s by 2019 along with Mig-21s.

Are these srilankan's crazy we were giving 10 F-7ps free with 8 JF-17s ... :hitwall::crazy:
Now they would have to wait for 10 years to get the tejas .... :enjoy:

The 1200+ is a fact.. Iaf celebrated its 1000ty crash years back.
1200 crashes in 30 years equates to 40 a year- this includes helicopters, trainer aircraft, transports, fighters etc for the 4th largest in the world this is perfectly understandable and in real terms the IAF is always going to have a high number of crashes relative to most other airforces in the world as almost everyone (bar the US, Russia and China) have smaller airfroces and hence less crashes.

The only true matrix for measuring the safety record of an airforce is using crashes per 10,000 flight hours (this is the measure used around the world). The latest availble information is for 2012-13 where the IAF recorded 0.22 crashes per 10,000 flight hours- perfectly respectable and comparable to any modern airforce you would care to mention. The IAF isn't a display team airforce, they don't sit around idly but are pushing their machines to the limit day after day- losses are thus unavoidable. Train as you fight as the Indian military says.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom