What's new

India may replace Mig-27 with F-15 Strike Eagle: Analysts

India may replace Mig-27 with F-15 Strike Eagle: Analysts

Some Asian Defense Analysts says IAF considering replacing Mig-27 with F-15 Strike Eagle because upgraded Mig-27 not performing well.

Mig-27 too old.

IAF may get 48 F-15 Strike Eagle jets.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

USAF_F-15E_Strike_Eagle_Iraq_1999.jpg

Another Gem of a thread...

We seriously miss this guy. :laugh:

we already bought Rafale for this job...

and if we have to go,I think we should go for this version..

F-15 Silent Eagle

Boeing_F_15_Silent_Eagle.jpg

I seriously doubt it... If IAF is looking for a ground attack aircraft why F15.. Which is costlier and old... And whats Rafale is gonna do in our inventory !!

thats good for india . .

india is beginning to move to west weapons, and i think it is her best weapon of the eastern . .

I seriously doubt it... If IAF is looking for a ground attack aircraft why F15.. Which is costlier and old... And whats Rafale is gonna do in our inventory !!

you are right...but F-15 may be an old platform,but F-15 Silent Eagle(semi stealth) and Strike Eagle are new versions.its a potent platform..but its too damn costly..a single unit costs nearly 100 million dollar.. :hitwall: :hitwall: :hitwall:

The F15 is a very old airframe. Inducting it would create a whole new logistics line, along with training requirements.

There are better options available. The Rafale is an excellent multi-role fighter which has a proven strike capability, and the IAF will almost certainly get 200 of them.

If the IAF really needs a strike fighter off the shelf, the su 34 is much better suited, as the logistics are already in place as is the training.

Back
Top Bottom