What's new

India may have to revisit nuclear no-first use policy

Using nuclear weapons is the last option for any country be it Pakistan, China or even the US. Our strategy should be tackling terrorism on home grown soil first. There are like 20 terrorist organizations in North East India, and politicians still use them for ballot purposes.

Wonder why there are no terrorist groups in US, UK, AUS or any developed country?

how many countries recognize taiwan and tibet as a country......count the number with your fingers,you idiot

C'mon, everybody in this world knows Taiwan and Tibet as independent countries. Time for you to grow up!!!

India cannot and should not abandon its no first use policy.

India has a vastly superior conventional military w.r.t Pakistan therefore in such a scenario a no first use policy becomes a necessity.
Pakistan would be more likely to launch if it feared being overwhelmed by India. Following a 'use it or lose it' strategy Pakistan would have little choice but to strike first fearing that a nuclear attack from India could wipe out their own arsenal. The NFU policy is an assurance to Pakistan, if they don't face an existential threat, they're less likely to initiate a nuclear war that would only lead to their annihilation.

With a NFU policy India can raise Pakistan's threshold for a nuclear strike thereby allowing for short, high intensity conventional wars aimed primarily at destroying their conventional military capacity and hurting the economy.

India is huge, furthermore our rail networks are extensive, our arsenals are mobile and can be easily concealed. India is also working on a second strike capability to further deter Pakistan from using its own nukes. A credible second strike capability and a ballistic missile defense shield will only add more credibility to our NFU policy from what I understand.

When it comes to China, we lost that race 2 decades ago. They are miles ahead, they have been stockpiling fissile material and missiles since 1964, there is no way we can match them but we can effectively deter them, and so India is building up its 2nd strike capabilities and arsenal. Arihant is our first step in this direction. It will take a decade from what I've read, but most probably take 15 years from what I've seen.

btw, Indian, Pakistani and Chinese arsenals are meant for deterrence and NOT war fighting, the only countries capable of that are the US and Russia.

Nuclear arsenals are sort of like a life insurance policy but just because you have one doesn't mean you commit suicide. Think about it, the idea is to ensure your survival, not kill the other guy. I can't believe people can be naive enough to make comments like 'we will lose but we'll destroy your shining cities'. Speaks volumes about their inferiority complex, very pathetic.

Last edited:
China had no use policy.

It is unwise for both side to abandon it.

Keep the status quo for both side.:china:

C'mon, everybody in this world knows Taiwan and Tibet as independent countries. Time for you to grow up!!!

Come on, please stop doing your open defecation through your

mouth, tell me how many coutries in the world recognize taiwan and

tibet as independent coutries with FACTS.

You know whats your problem ?= Lack the basic dignity for a human-

being. :smitten:

The best solution for an Indian troll like you= Get youself a "TOILET"

:pakistan::china:

For Taiwan, there is only one China view. For Tibet, it is still under China. Both had not gained independence yet.

I do not know what is your intention but it is very irritating.

When we are talking the issue as a country, do use the official view from India (if you are Indian). Personal view is groundless and will create more quarrel in the forum.

I hope you can contribute constructively in the forum.

:china:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom