What's new

India Is Trusted And Stable But ‘More Expensive’ Than China, Vietnam For Businesses: US Trade Body

California does not want development. They shipped all their factories to China. Tell me something new.

What do you need a subway for an iPhone factory or Dell PC factory ?

the things you need for massive port, roads/railroads, telecommunication links and power generation facilities
everything exists in bit and pieces in India and rest of the world not in integrated seamless manner as in China
it is not too hard to make them.
Every country has railways and roads, but how good they are is a different story, you truly believe in less than10 years India's infras will be like today's China's? they try to build their first HSR with Japan for how many years already? and Chna still adds several thousand kilometers of HSR every single year.

Every country has railways and roads, but how good they are is a different story, you truly believe in less than10 years India's infras will be like today's China's? they try to build their first HSR with Japan for how many years already? and Chna still adds several thousand kilometers of HSR every single year.

Why do I need a HSR ? At the price point your HSR does not compare with Boeing 737

it is not too hard to make them.
So you can try to update yours first, didn't Biden government pass a bill on this?

Why do I need a HSR ? At the price point your HSR does not compare with Boeing 737
But why California is still struggling to build one after a decade delay? just scrap it then.

So you can try to update yours first, didn't Biden government pass a bill on this?

you make it sound like USA is not an unproductive third world country

I have had 3 power outages of 3 hours in the last 2 years - 2 caused by balloons and birds, 1 caused by equipment failure
My internet through Comcast (a crappy provider) is 100 MB/s downspeed. It has failed 2 times since the pandemic began.
My garbage, water and sewage has worked seamlessly. The rates keep going up.
The highways have slightly degraded in the past 10 years

We could use more investment

I have had 3 power outages of 3 hours in the last 2 years - 2 caused by balloons and birds, 1 caused by equipment failure
My internet through Comcast (a crappy provider) is 100 MB/s downspeed. It has failed 2 times since the pandemic began.

I know how US infras is, you don't have to tell me what's happening in your house.

But why California is still struggling to build one after a decade delay? just scrap it then.
that is good advice for the voters of california

CA is one of the worlds biggest economy. But it very inefficient and poorly managed. I hope you guys see light thru the dark tunnel soon!

About the subject, India is indeed more expansive than most of the manufacturing hubs (tech industry) e.g. China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand. We've done some calculations few years back and India proved to be 40% more expansive than Malaysia and 28% more than China. Added with special incentives and tax rebates provide by those country India lost big time. I was amazed by Malaysia offer to provide project team (no Malaysian Govt. expanse) to manage manage and support approval, hiring support, free interim offices etc..

Indian is on right track but a long way to go.

CA is one of the worlds biggest economy. But it very inefficient and poorly managed. I hope you guys see light thru the dark tunnel soon!

About the subject, India is indeed more expansive than most of the manufacturing hubs (tech industry) e.g. China, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand. We've done some calculations few years back and India proved to be 40% more expansive than Malaysia and 28% more than China. Added with special incentives and tax rebates provide by those country India lost big time. I was amazed by Malaysia offer to provide project team (no Malaysian Govt. expanse) to manage manage and support approval, hiring support, free interim offices etc..

low margin manufacturing might not be economical choice for India

low margin manufacturing might not be economical choice for India
That's true to an extent, most of tech firms have design / test/ validation offices in India.
But, to leap forward and improve life of masses we India must find a way to go big in manufacturing.

India had ignored major infrastructure development and last mile connectivity during the congress years.

This has been massively corrected in the last 7-8 years, but we still have a few more years to catch up to global standards.

Logistics cost in India is one of the highest in the world and reducing this is a priority sector for the Indian govt.

Second major factor is the availability of land. China with the same population as India as 3 TIMES the land. US with 3 TIMES the land as India has 1/3rd the Population. Australia with 3 TIMES the land has 1/100 th the population. Russia with 4 TIMES the land has 1/10 the population.

This means shortage of resources too since Land is premium and is required for sustaining food production.

So while we continue to improve the Infrastructure, Land will continue to remain a problem.

So I don't think India should or would want to become the "factory" of the world. But it certainly will have enough Factories to produce and delivery for its 1.4 Billion population which is good enough.

Couple years ago I read news that said French can make Rafale cheaper in France than in India.

Enuff said.

No one wants to go to a dirty place like India where people are shitting on the raods.

Which year was this calculation done ?

Back
Top Bottom