What's new

India is taking 'holycow' to a whole new level, even killing for it.

Good for you too. Indians are extremely happy with our lives too and I don't need to comment on our optimism.
Biggest BS you will read all day on internet.

Just ask the indian minorities or the low castes how happy they are

I read your first post where you drew a parallel between Indian and Pakistani media. I don't remember Indian government shutting down any media channel for reporting any issues.
You are not aware of your own country, Shunting down media and manipulating news is normal thing in india , not by your government but also many incidents of mob attacks on media houses by RSS and by your political parties.
just few references because i can't post links at the moment.
// washingtonpost /news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/18/modi-government-shuts-down-newspapers-in-strife-torn-kashmir
//news.vice /article/the-indian-government-shut-down-media-in-kashmir-as-tensions-rise
//timesofindia.indiatimes /city/guwahati/Media-houses-shut-publications-in-Arunachal-Pradesh/articleshow/30417967

Biggest BS you will read all day on internet.

Just ask the indian minorities or the low castes how happy they are

Believe me they are very very happy. It is just the communist Indians who seem to have a bug up somewhere. There has not been a single policy at the central or state level where minorities have been discriminated yet. So why should they be unhappy.

Believe me they are very very happy. It is just the communist Indians who seem to have a bug up somewhere. There has not been a single policy at the central or state level where minorities have been discriminated yet. So why should they be unhappy.
come on man not even the dumb, deaf and blind will buy this narrative when everyday we are getting pictures zoomed to our TV screens of Cow vigilante mobs killing hurders, or the romeo squad etc etc

Be happy for what you have. We Chinese are never happy for what we have, we always think we could have done it better.

Oh we always look for ways of advancement too but not by souring our today. We are happy today as we were yesterday and will be tomorrow. Enjoying your life does not mean you are not looking for more innovative and efficient way of doing business or living.

I might be wrong (as could be you), but I believe the following.

2014 was the landslide they could ever have got. Anti Incumbency PLUS Modi wave (which the country waited 10 years for while the cases went on).

In 2019

There will also be a degree of anti Incumbency. Not even his biggest bhakt can deny the widespread increasing chorus across the country (and classes) about the lack of hard results on the ground.

Baaton se pet nahin bharta.

Secondly the glow and halo around Modi has definitely reduced from 2014. No one can say he's done a Gujarat at the India level. Economically (communally, he may still live up to his inherent promise).

Lastly the increasing disillusionment and discomfort with the sanghee goons across the country.

And more importantly, no reaction from Modi and his team.

Now look at how he won in 2014. 31% of all votes.

I believe he'll TODAY poll a lot lot less.

In two years time, it will be even lower, cause I do not see things improve from here.

He will lose all but the most die hard Hindu fanatic voter base.

And I also believe that most Hindus are not fanatics.

Not yet at least ...

You are not exactly right. The movers and shakers of Union poll are UP and Bihar, both are having a massive Pro BJP atmosphere these days. UP because for the first time someone has done what was thought impossible -- polarising votes on Hindu Muslim lines while getting a chunk of Muslim votes. Yes, it is Shia Muslims and Muslim women who are voting for BJP these days.

Bihar has seen the return of Jungle Raj and women are not exactly happy with Nitish as they were in Bihar poll. BJP will need to create a movement in Bihar but they can force a come back in Bihar very much. Congress is out, Maha Gathbandhan has been tried and people are fed up of that. People voted for Nitish and got Lalu in discount. This is perfect opportunity for BJP to capitalize in 2019.

All the anti incumbency will go down the drain these two state swing towards BJP. It will not be 2014 kind of clean sweep but BJP will be able to comfortably form a government.

come on man not even the dumb, deaf and blind will buy this narrative when everyday we are getting pictures zoomed to our TV screens of Cow vigilante mobs killing hurders, or the romeo squad etc etc

Oh please, there were 45,000 murders in India annually even before 2014. Did not see any minority lose their sleep then. They are sleeping very sound even now.

You are not exactly right. The movers and shakers of Union poll are UP and Bihar, both are having a massive Pro BJP atmosphere these days. UP because for the first time someone has done what was thought impossible -- polarising votes on Hindu Muslim lines while getting a chunk of Muslim votes. Yes, it is Shia Muslims and Muslim women who are voting for BJP these days.

Bihar has seen the return of Jungle Raj and women are not exactly happy with Nitish as they were in Bihar poll. BJP will need to create a movement in Bihar but they can force a come back in Bihar very much. Congress is out, Maha Gathbandhan has been tried and people are fed up of that. People voted for Nitish and got Lalu in discount. This is perfect opportunity for BJP to capitalize in 2019.

All the anti incumbency will go down the drain these two state swing towards BJP. It will not be 2014 kind of clean sweep but BJP will be able to comfortably form a government.

I like your post.

All pretty possible

IF

UP reaches 2019 without a major riot.

I like your post.

All pretty possible

IF

UP reaches 2019 without a major riot.

Which is possible to achieve as BJP controls both Centre and State. BJP herself have two strong leaders who are capable of holding the reigns of Hindutvadi leaders tight.

You are not aware of your own country, Shunting down media and manipulating news is normal thing in india , not by your government but also many incidents of mob attacks on media houses by RSS and by your political parties.
just few references because i can't post links at the moment.
// washingtonpost /news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/18/modi-government-shuts-down-newspapers-in-strife-torn-kashmir
//news.vice /article/the-indian-government-shut-down-media-in-kashmir-as-tensions-rise
//timesofindia.indiatimes /city/guwahati/Media-houses-shut-publications-in-Arunachal-Pradesh/articleshow/30417967

Yeah, One link talks about media houses shutting down publications voluntarily whereas the other one is done by a state government during massive violent protests. Nothing to do with reporting news which you claimed in your first post.

Why are the Hindutvas who kill beef eaters being called "cow vigilantes" ??? Shouldn't they be called "cow honour killers" or "cow honour killings" ??

Cow vigilantes is the wrong word ....

Which is possible to achieve as BJP controls both Centre and State. BJP herself have two strong leaders who are capable of holding the reigns of Hindutvadi leaders tight.

If there is one thing I have learned about Hindus and Muslims, it is that they don't like each other too much. But rarely hate.

Riots get triggered by politics. Rarely if ever normal people.

The BJP and it's leaders may not want a riot. Yet. Things looking good for them and they would not want to upset the apple cart.

Which means that the political forces opposing them .... ?

If there is one thing I have learned about Hindus and Muslims, it is that they don't like each other too much. But rarely hate.

Riots get triggered by politics. Rarely if ever normal people.

The BJP and it's leaders may not want a riot. Yet. Things looking good for them and they would not want to upset the apple cart.

Which means that the political forces opposing them .... ?
Yes you are right! It is all in favour of likes of Congress and SP to dis-balance the apple cart, but BJP has quite a few cards up her sleeves. I will not be surprised if some scams or criminal cases are brought against family members of Mulayam and other important members of SP or BSP. Remenber BJP has combined might of UP police and CBI.

IMHO the biggest undoing of Congress and SP and BSP will be failure to recognize Muslim women as a separate entity. I have personally seen huge anger among Muslim women and no voice to express that. BJP have just given a small vent to that and is baking her own bread in the resulting flame. Unlike men, whose dis-satisfaction take a form of riot, women act more silently and in a non-violent manner but given a single critical decision they topple even the most well thought out plans. The worst part is that it remains hidden for so long that no one suspects it will happen only when it happens.

Back
Top Bottom