What's new

India Initiated China's Admission In To The United Nations [PRC]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankit_Pujari

New Recruit

Reaction score
India moves resolution supporting People's Republic of China's admission into the United Nations [U.N.] - AA Me, IN

can't find the embed code for the video in the post :undecided:
India moves resolution supporting People's Republic of China's admission into the United Nations [U.N.]
At the fifth session of the United Nations General Assembly held at Flushing Meadows in 1950, India introduced a resolution supporting entry of the Communist-ruled People's Republic of China [P.R.C] into the United Nations. This rare video clip, below, shows India's then permanent representative to the United Nations [U.N], Mr. B.N. Rau1 reading out the text in support of P.R.C.
video
The need for such a resolution arose as, until that time, a unified China was being represented by leadership of the Nationalist government headed by Generalissimo Chiang Kai-shek. However, after the Chinese Civil War that ended in 1949-50, Chiang Kai-Shek and the government he was heading had to flee to the archipelago of islands, known today as Taiwan. As a result, the Communist Party of China [C.P.C], headed by Mao Zedong, came to control the vast expanse of the mainland China. Thus, taking into account the net territorial extent over which their writ ran, it was natural that the C.P.C-ruled People's Republic of China be considered as the natural successor of the previously united China.
There appears to be some sort of confusion here. While it is an undisputed fact that the resolution was adopted in the Fifth Session of the United Nations General Assembly, the President of the United Nations General Assembly at that session was Nasrollah Entezam & not General Rómulo, as mentioned by the narrator in the video. Anyhow, the crux of the matter remains inviolate; India supported China at the United Nations.
On an unrelated note, India , today, is seeking support of member countries in becoming a permanent member of United Nations Security Council [UNSC], including the right to exercise veto powers as the rest of the permanent members.
Godspeed
1 - Benegal Narsing Rau

PRC's admission to the UN was inevitable. With more than 1/5 of the world's pop. it didn't make any sense for PRC to be not included in UN. India just acted in realpolitik terms knowing the inevitable. Also if I am not mistaken it was PAK who contributed to the mediation between PRC and US's Nixon administration. Correct me if I am wrong.

PRC's admission to the UN was inevitable. With more than 1/5 of the world's pop. it didn't make any sense for PRC to be not included in UN. India just acted in realpolitik terms knowing the inevitable. Also if I am not mistaken it was PAK who contributed to the mediation between PRC and US's Nixon administration. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are right and I am glad someone actually mentioned this.

Even the Americans admit that it was Kissinger who went through Pakistan to get into China and eventually, it was Nixon who followed suit.

But, if you're an Indian, you have the entire world in the palms of your hands and every source of knowledge and information came from India including 0, European Renaissance, the technology of Rockets and Polar Bears in Antarctica

Furthermore, the center of gravity, the Earth's sphere and the entire universe is also, India and more specifically, South Block, Delhi.

Also if I am not mistaken it was PAK who contributed to the mediation between PRC and US's Nixon administration. Correct me if I am wrong.

Correction: pakistan was one of the countries the US used to establish contact with the PRC

The Americans sent private signals through Paris, Warsaw, and via the leaders of Romania and Pakistan. The documents summarized and linked to below detail these efforts which ultimately produced Henry Kissinger's secret trip to Beijing July 9-11, 1971. Kissinger, Nixon's National Security Advisor, flew to Beijing from Pakistan. His meetings there produced an agreement that President Nixon would visit China. Nixon went in February 1972.

Henry Kissinger reported to President Nixon on a meeting he had with Romanian President Nicolae Ceausescu in Washington. Kissinger said he told Ceausescu that the U.S. wanted to open communications with China and that the U.S. government did not believe it had "long-term clashing interests." Ceausescu said he would pass this along to the Chinese. Click here to read the document.

Memoradum on a meeting Henry Kissinger had with Corneliu Bogdan, the Romanian ambassador to Washington. Prepared by Kissinger for President Nixon. Kissinger reported that Romanian President Ceausecu had sent his vice-premier to Beijing. Chinese Premier Zhou gave the Romanian a note saying the key issue with the U.S. was the American "occupation of Taiwan." Zhou said the U.S. President would be welcome to discuss this issue in Beijing. Nixon wrote on the memo that he worried the U.S. appeared too eager to meet with the Chinese. Click here to read the document.

US-China Institute :: news & features :: getting to beijing: henry kissinger's secret 1971 trip

^^^ Yeah that's what I posted. I used the term "contributed". PAK did its part in establishing current US-China relations.

What Pakistan's role making China and USA hug and kiss each other has to do with the topic in hand.May you got carried away with your usual buttering ?

PRC's admission to the UN was inevitable. With more than 1/5 of the world's pop.
Warped logic as usual my friend? If China was admitted to the UNSC as a permanent member because of its population, then so should India have been, as its population too was almost 1/5th of the world's pop. :azn:

Why don't people think before spewing rubbish? That's why we have so much garbage flowing around here! :fie:

I think we need to design some software to automatically separate and erase the wheat from the chaff (crap) that some of our BD friends are so full of!! :cheesy:

i didnt know that..it would be good if they remember that and reciprocate the similar with us

India was unimportant to China's U.N. Security Council P-5 membership

1. The Republic of China (ie. Taiwan/Chinese-Taipei) was on the U.N. Security Council in 1946.

2. When the United States faced the inexorable power of mainland China's 1967 3.3-megaton thermonuclear detonation and 1971 DF-5 ICBM first flight, the United States agreed to transfer the "Chinese seat" on the U.N. Security Council P-5 to the People's Republic of China (mainland China).

In conclusion, India had no effect on Sino-American politics.

----------

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Security_Council#Permanent_members

ZmwSkMB.jpg

China and the United Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"China had joined as the first and permanent member of the United Nations. China's seat in the United Nations and membership of the United Nations Security Council was succeed by the People's Republic of China (PRC) on October 25, 1971. China originally joined as Republic of China (ROC) from October 24, 1945. ROC also possessed the membership of the League of Nations.

During the Chinese Civil War, the nationalist government of Chiang Kai-shek withdrew from mainland China to the island of Taiwan in 1949, where the ROC currently exercises control. On October 1, 1949, Mao Zedong proclaimed the establishment of People's Republic of China (PRC), as well as the termination of ROC. However, the recognition of PRC by UN was suspended by the United States and supporting countries. Taiwan remained its China's seat and membership by October 25, 1971.

The representatives of the PRC first attended the United Nations, including the United Nations Security Council, as China's representatives on October 25, 1971, replacing the ROC delegates; the ROC, which became known for many purposes as "Taiwan", is no longer represented by a Permanent Representative at the UN. The PRC has what is known as the "One-China policy", under which it vigorously opposes any moves seen to be endorsement of Taiwan as an independent sovereign state or as a rival "China", although two Chinas effectively exist."

Why is China a member of the U.N. Security Council P-5, but not India?

China has been a thermonuclear power since 1967. India has no such capability.

Chinese military ability is not over-stated at all. For example, China detonated a 3.3-megaton thermonuclear bomb in 1967. India has no such capability.

China holds a permanent veto at the U.N. Security Council, because its military and economic power are truly awesome.

1. China has a minimum of 294 megatons of thermonuclear firepower. Since the citation is many years old and precedes the test of the DF-41 10-MIRV ICBM, China's actual megatonnage should be over 300 megatons.

J0uaaVf.jpg

Chinese DF-41 10-MIRV ICBM (with 12,000 to 14,000km range) had its first flight on July 24, 2012.

2. China builds its own fourth-generation J-10B fighter (with advanced DSI) and WS-10A turbofan engines. India has no such capability. India is still negotiating with France to purchase France's fourth-generation Rafale fighter. India is decades away from building its own indigenous fourth-generation fighter and jet engine without foreign help.

acgJr.jpg

Vf425.jpg

Chinese WS-10A engine (with gearbox at the bottom) is designed to power the J-10B Vigorous Dragon fighter. This version of the WS-10A turbofan engine is said to have 13.2 ton maximum thrust. There are several wrapped engines near the floor. (Thank you to Pinko for the photo and description)

China's final tests of the Chengdu J-20 and Shenyang J-31 stealth fighters should be completed by 2018. Indian indigenous stealth fighters are still decades away, if ever.

Ehajxrw.jpg

Chinese Shenyang J-31 medium-weight stealth fighter should be ready around 2018 to complement the Chengdu J-20 heavyweight stealth fighter.

3. China builds the "Red Aegis" Type 052D destroyer with second-generation AESA radar. India can't even build a frigate without Russian technical assistance.

5oVdL.jpg

The new Chinese "Red Aegis" Type 052D destroyer has a second-generation AESA radar, which is easily noticeable by its flat shape. Jane's Defense believes four Type 052D destroyers will be built. Other sources claim China will build a total of 10 Type 052D destroyers in the near future.

4. China's third-generation SSN and SSBN should be unveiled in 2015. They are reportedly undergoing sea trials.

China has built the following indigenous nuclear submarines.

a. Type 091 Han SSN
b. Type 092 Xia SSBN
c. Type 093 Shang SSN
d. Type 094 Jin SSBN

shangclassresized.jpg

Chinese Type 093 Shang-class Nuclear Attack Submarine (SSN)

type094ssbnresized.jpg

Chinese Type 094 Jin-class Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine (SSBN)

In comparison, India relies on Russia to build its first nuclear submarine prototype.

5. According to the IMF, the Chinese economy for 2013 will be $9 trillion. India's economy is a mere $2 trillion. Also, China's economic growth rate is two to three percentage points higher than India's. Furthermore, China's currency has consistently appreciated and India's currency has consistently depreciated. Both trends will expand the gap between the Chinese and Indian economies.

6. China is a large country with over 9 million square kilometers of land. In addition, China has sent the PLA Navy to patrol an additional 3 million square kilometers of China's South China Sea. Chinese dominion totals 12 million square kilometers.

In contrast, India is a small country with only 3 million square kilometers of land.

7. According to the IMF, the Chinese per-capita GDP is $6,644 for 2013. India's is only $1,709. The average Chinese is four times richer than the average Indian.

In conclusion, Chinese military and economic power are often understated. India is a distant laggard in every critical comparison. The 21st century clearly belongs to China. India is insignificant and irrelevant. India lacks a permanent seat at the U.N. Security Council with a permanent veto. The UNSC Permanent Five make decisions affecting the world with total disregard to India's views.

Last edited by a moderator:
All good and well but why are you posting news from 2012 ? in the defense section ?

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom