What's new

INDIA- HELICOPTER Competitions::News and Discussions

KING KONG OF HELICOPTERS

Helicopters_MI-26T_most_powerful_in_the_world_for_sale.jpg
galerie14.jpg

Mi-26T_6.jpg

Mi-26 airlifts a stranded Chinook after Operation Anaconda.

mi26_01.jpg

02.jpg

Mi-26 helicopter places Tu-134 airliner at the Emergency Situations Ministry training center outside St. Petersburg,Thursday, April 16, 2009.

dzus88.jpg

for next 10 yr our Arm force Induct
Mi-17 IV - 80
Dhruv - 200 - 250
LUH - 384
LCH - 180
Heavy attack -- 22
Heavy lift -- 15
ASW Helicopters -- 60

So around 1000 helicopter Not too bad

The ASW competition was scrapped I think, but 12 more AW 101 VIP will come too.
how much load can the dhruv carry ??

Basic Data
Length 15.87 meters
Main Rotor Diameter 13.20 meters
Height 4.98 meters
Max. Take-off Weight 5500 kg
Useful Load 2600 kg
Cabin Volume 7.33 m3
Fuel Capacity 1100 kg

Welcome to Helicopter Division of HAL

Last edited:
KING KONG OF HELICOPTERS

galerie14.jpg

Mi-26T_6.jpg

mi26_01.jpg

02.jpg

Mi-26 helicopter places Tu-134 airliner at the Emergency Situations Ministry training center outside St. Petersburg,Thursday, April 16, 2009.

dzus88.jpg

Good to see you back Beckham, we missed your informative posts! :cheers:

@sancho

sir if you remember that sumtime ago in lch disscussion thread .... a member had posted a pic showing the comparison of combat helicopters ..... which showed that lch had a weapons load of 3.4 tns sry cant remember that exact thread ....

but is that possible since alh and lch have almost the same empty weight and max takeoff weight .... since the max load for alh is 2.6 tns ??

thanks in advance.....

KING KONG OF HELICOPTERS

galerie14.jpg

Mi-26T_6.jpg

mi26_01.jpg

02.jpg

dzus88.jpg

Its really king of Airlifting helicopters. Good pics buddy.

@sancho

sir if you remember that sumtime ago in lch disscussion thread .... a member had posted a pic showing the comparison of combat helicopters ..... which showed that lch had a weapons load of 3.4 tns sry cant remember that exact thread ....

but is that possible since alh and lch have almost the same empty weight and max takeoff weight .... since the max load for alh is 2.6 tns ??

thanks in advance.....

I know only the following one, but it doesn't give a figure for payload:

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

However, as you can see, the MTOW is 200Kg higher and I guess the empty weight of LCH is lower too. Wiki says the payload is 2950Kg, so nearly 300Kg more than the Dhruv.

I know only the following one, but it doesn't give a figure for payload:

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

However, as you can see, the MTOW is 200Kg higher and I guess the empty weight of LCH is lower too. Wiki says the payload is 2950Kg, so nearly 300Kg more than the Dhruv.

then i must have mistaken ... but still ~3tn payload is not bad....

but if subtract we empty weight and mtow we get a lift able load of 3.4 tns ie fuel + weapons.... and estimating that it carries 1tn fuel (same as dhruv) we get a weapons load of 2.2tns.....

Last edited:
KING KONG OF HELICOPTERS

galerie14.jpg

Mi-26T_6.jpg

mi26_01.jpg

02.jpg

dzus88.jpg

Its tremendous showoff of its payload capacity.Gud to c a real King Kong f Heavy lift Choppers.Thanks

The Proposed Indian Multirole Helicopter (IMRH) Detailed

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence

The Indian Multi-Role Helicopter (IMRH), which should hopefully soon begin development with the selection of an international technology partner, finally has a set of final specs (they underwent a change last year). The image you see above is the first diagrammatic representation of the helicopter from official material being prepared for documents that will follow up the invitations for Expressions of Interest (EoI) sent out last year.

HAL has proposed that the platform needs to have an all-up weight of 13 metric tons, a maximum speed of 275-km/h and a service ceiling of 22,000 ft. The Indian military wants the helicopter to have a payload capacity of 3,500-kg and range of 500-km at sea level. The IMRH platform is to sport a five-blade composite main rotor with a four-bladed composite tail rotor, twin turboshaft engines with dual full authority digital engine controls. The powerplants would be required to have a 30-minute dry-run capable transmission system. All IMRHs will have glass cockpits -- using equipment from Halbit Systems, DARE and Samtel.

The bid is stuck, however, at the EoI stage, with four companies wondering what is happening. Companies that have responded to HAL’s invitation include Eurocopter (EC725 Caracal), Sikorsky (S-92A), Agusta-Westland (AW101) and Mil (Mi-17-IV).

Officially the IMRH mission spectrum includes troop movement, high-altitude air maintenance, offshore operations, heliborne and amphibious assault operations, anti-submarine warfare and anti-surface warfare. An armed gunship version is also expected to be concurrently developed. Other proposed variants include civil transport, VVIP transport, and air-ambulance.

The Proposed Indian Multirole Helicopter (IMRH) Detailed

LiveFist - The Best of Indian Defence

The Indian Multi-Role Helicopter (IMRH), which should hopefully soon begin development with the selection of an international technology partner, finally has a set of final specs (they underwent a change last year). The image you see above is the first diagrammatic representation of the helicopter from official material being prepared for documents that will follow up the invitations for Expressions of Interest (EoI) sent out last year.

HAL has proposed that the platform needs to have an all-up weight of 13 metric tons, a maximum speed of 275-km/h and a service ceiling of 22,000 ft. The Indian military wants the helicopter to have a payload capacity of 3,500-kg and range of 500-km at sea level. The IMRH platform is to sport a five-blade composite main rotor with a four-bladed composite tail rotor, twin turboshaft engines with dual full authority digital engine controls. The powerplants would be required to have a 30-minute dry-run capable transmission system. All IMRHs will have glass cockpits -- using equipment from Halbit Systems, DARE and Samtel.

The bid is stuck, however, at the EoI stage, with four companies wondering what is happening. Companies that have responded to HAL’s invitation include Eurocopter (EC725 Caracal), Sikorsky (S-92A), Agusta-Westland (AW101) and Mil (Mi-17-IV).

Officially the IMRH mission spectrum includes troop movement, high-altitude air maintenance, offshore operations, heliborne and amphibious assault operations, anti-submarine warfare and anti-surface warfare. An armed gunship version is also expected to be concurrently developed. Other proposed variants include civil transport, VVIP transport, and air-ambulance.

How many copter we need ????

i read sumwhere that armed forces have a need of 300-350 medium lift choppers....

i read sumwhere that armed forces have a need of 300-350 medium lift choppers....
But i think arm force use Mi-8 & 17 around 180-200 choppers & We all ready order around 80 New Mi-17 IV. So did you think what you are talking ???

But i think arm force use Mi-8 & 17 around 180-200 choppers & We all ready order around 80 New Mi-17 IV. So did you think what you are talking ???

new mi 17s i think are replacement for the earlier models that were procured way back....

armed forces don't have all new mi series ..... they are getting old hence will be needing replacement and also our new heli is still on paper, it will take another 5-6 years to just develop it .... testing/induction will take another 2-3 yrs......

so till then our mi series will be quite old ..... so its extremely gud if we get our heli readied till then.......

So did you think what you are talking ???

progressive increase in capabilities is gud isn't it ......;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom