What's new

India has right to respond to attack on sovereignty: Bangladesh

Thailand? Seriously? :lol: Those are poor examples my friend.

Yeah - I know. :-)

I was referring to the amount of FDI and jobs Thailand gets from Japan alone - in terms of just automotive parts/vehicles manufacture.

A lot of GM vehicles/parts are also made in Thailand.

By the way almost all Canon and Nikon DSLRs/lenses are/will be made in Thailand.

If we can replicate that - we should consider ourselves lucky....

Only twenty years ago Thailand was a simple destination for sex-tourism. Now look at it.....

The more important question is - why couldn't we attract Japanese investment like they did?

http://dai.ly/x44asjo

Yeah - I know. :-)

I was referring to the amount of FDI and jobs Thailand gets from Japan alone - in terms of just automotive parts/vehicles manufacture.

A lot of GM vehicles/parts are also made in Thailand.

By the way almost all Canon and Nikon DSLRs/lenses are/will be made in Thailand.

If we can replicate that - we should consider ourselves lucky....

Only twenty years ago Thailand was a simple destination for sex-tourism. Now look at it.....

The more important question is - why couldn't attract Japanese investment like they did?

http://dai.ly/x44asjo

Thailand is still seen as a hot spot for sex tourism. A lot of Western males go there of that reason. The authorities are now trying to clamp it down though.

The thing is Thailand have damn good infrastructure! - A major contributor to its high FDI inflows.

It is comparatively stable, stable energy flows, sustainable level of population, a healthy consumer appetite (they like spending!), good higher educational and vocational institutions and it is an ASEAN member. That is why the Japanese and the Americans like to invest there.

Yet, somehow I did not like their ways. The recent coups had dented investor confidence. There still are deep divisions within them - Mainly a social class divide.

They could have done much, much more and better. Yet, somehow they can come out of nowhere when it comes to performing well, and forget the past altogether.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom