What's new

India grounds entire Sukhoi-30 fleet

You are spinning me. Try to answer technically i need sufficient and valuable answer about why entire fleet is grounded if itcan be human error?

:D sir only i need is conclusion and reason why entire fleet is grounded ?
Am going to have to ask you bluntly here...

Are you just simply dense or are you deliberately being a d!ckhead about this ? Grounding the entire fleet is a legitimate safety concern that insults no one. At least until the mishap investigation is over.

Let us say that the investigation found there is a component that fails after X flight hours. Grounding the entire fleet before the investigation is done was a wise move because now we found out some fighters with these components with a certain serial number sequence manufactured in a certain year from a certain supplier could have crashed and killed a few pilots.

What if it is pilot error ? Then grounding the entire fleet is still a wise move because now the IAF can investigate its training program to see if that is the cause of the pilot error.

What if it is maintenance related ? Grounding the entire fleet is still a wise move. What if the jet that crashed had its air data system calibrated by a certain air data tester that missed its PMEL date ? Grounding the entire fleet will enable the IAF to investigate how many jets were calibrated by that tester. May be it was just one, or may be it was five or even an entire squadron. Do you know what is PMEL ? How about Precision Measurement Equipment Lab ? Every modern military have them. Every test equipment must go thru them and be recertified annually.

Do you understand now ?

You picked a forum handle that have 'engineer' and that implied you to be an exception to the rest of the population. Someone who is supposed to have logical and deductive thinking process, and patience as well. Am not seeing any of those attributes.

The Russian Let Engines are not having Good Points as In MMRCA Perhaps Russian Mig-35 is also rejected due to such reason.

That is the variant you are talking about. Not this particular model SU-30MKIs which is only operated by India.

The reason why they don't accept their fault (as usual) is because they might be thinking that ISI is behind this crash. :sarcastic:
Rofl :D :D

A standard protocol. Unless the reason of crash is investigated and rectified the planes wont fly. May take a couple of weeks not much more then that.

It is just a machine, 5hit happens, for Pakistani members, no need to get over excited and offensive, for Indian members, no need to get extra defensive, face it, it is a machine and planes do crash!! Posts like "this is a good time to attack and else are not helping much"
On technical side, what will worry IAF a bit is that SU-30's are a mature platform and lots of UNEXPECTED FAILURES should not happen. I guess they will look into the problem in details and will do what is necessary to resolve the problems. Mig21 have been a bad and sad chapter for IAF and they wont like that to happen again.
Sir can you please tell me who was the inventer of this SOP "Ground entire fleet",And why entire fleet is grounded If it was pilot's fault.:undecided:
I have a better suggestion for IAF "Ground your pilot;s and technical crew :enjoy:"

Last edited:

Are you just simply dense or are you deliberately being a d!ckhead about this ? Grounding the entire fleet is a legitimate safety concern that insults no one. At least until the mishap investigation is over.

Let us say that the investigation found there is a component that fails after X flight hours. Grounding the entire fleet before the investigation is done was a wise move because now we found out some fighters with these components with a certain serial number sequence manufactured in a certain year from a certain supplier could have crashed and killed a few pilots.

What if it is pilot error ? Then grounding the entire fleet is still a wise move because now the IAF can investigate its training program to see if that is the cause of the pilot error.

What if it is maintenance related ? Grounding the entire fleet is still a wise move. What if the jet that crashed had its air data system calibrated by a certain air data tester that missed its PMEL date ? Grounding the entire fleet will enable the IAF to investigate how many jets were calibrated by that tester. May be it was just one, or may be it was five or even an entire squadron. Do you know what is PMEL ? How about Precision Measurement Equipment Lab ? Every modern military have them. Every test equipment must go thru them and be recertified annually.

Do you understand now ?

You picked a forum handle that have 'engineer' and that implied you to be an exception to the rest of the population. Someone who is supposed to have logical and deductive thinking process, and patience as well. Am not seeing any of those attributes.
Yes i am.... and the conclusion is " IAF pilots and technical crew is dumb and untrained:haha:.They can purchase fighters by poor's Taxes and dont know how to fly them". :p:

Last edited:

Do you understand now ?

Maybe you didn't go through the whole thread. It was obvious from the beginning that the fellow you are responding to was simply trying to waste everybody's time, and come to the pre-formed "conclusion" that Indians are all stupid. Check out my post #30 on page 2, where I predicted it.

In short, don't waste your time on an obvious troll.

If it happens again, there is no guarantee that the pilots would be able to eject succesful again.

Actually, it's precisely because we are fully confident of defending against Pak, with or without MKIs, that we are making that tongue in cheek remark. It's a way of reminding you of the immense disparity of force, to drive home the point that even with the backbone of the fleet grounded, we are still safe and secure against Pak. So it's our security complex showing, not our non existent insecurity complex.

I'll save you some time, so that you don't have to spend a page or two with these innocuous sounding questions before proclaiming your pre established conclusion.

IAF's pilots and maintainance crew are all idiots, that's why even a fine aircraft has crashed. There, happy?:enjoy:
Maa Kasam you guys fight like kids and that too all the time.

Get a life people and please do something constructive for your respective countries.

Maa Kasam you guys fight like kids and that too all the time.

Get a life people and please do something constructive for your respective countries.
Keep reading the thread further, and you will see that I bowed out of the pointless fight.:angel:

He's been celebrating his "victory" ever since.:rolleyes:

Maybe you didn't go through the whole thread. It was obvious from the beginning that the fellow you are responding to was simply trying to waste everybody's time, and come to the pre-formed "conclusion" that Indians are all stupid. Check out my post #30 on page 2, where I predicted it.

In short, don't waste your time on an obvious troll.
I am curious to know about the technical failure of crashed plane and you are saying it troll. :suicide2::(:(:(:(

SUKHOI_30_2168630g.jpg

In this October 14, 2014 photo, residents gather near an Indian Air Force Sukhoi SU-30MKI fighter jet that crashed at Theoor village near Pune. India has grounded its entire Sukhoi-30 fleet after the crash.

The grounded fleet represents almost a third of the country’s fighter plane fleet.

IAF is down to 34 combat squadrons, as against an authorised strength of 44. Each squadron has up to 18 fighter planes.

This was the fifth accident involving a SU-30 MKI since 2009 and the fleet has at least been grounded twice earlier.

IAF grounds Sukhoi-30 fleet after Pune crash - The Hindu

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom