What's new

India gains access to Headley......may grill headley anytime

haawk

BANNED
Reaction score
New Delhi: Indian authorities can go and cross examine David Coleman Headley on his role in the Mumbai carnage any time now. The US has imposed no pre-conditions on the access to Headley who is currently under FBI custody.

The US President Barak Obama had assured India Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of letting Indian authorities question Headly of late. But there had been roadblocks in the past which have been taken care of in a meeting between the Solicitor General of India Gopal Subramaniam and the US Attorney General Eric Holder.
Headley may be grilled by Indian authorities any time now. A new investigating team will be set up by India to go and question Headley, sources said. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Home Minister P Chidambaram will be briefed on the Headley case later Saturday.
Headley has already confessed to his role in the November 26, 2008 Mumbai assault, in a bid to avoid the death penalty.
What India wants from Headley
Indian investigators hope to get the following details while questioning Headley.
- Precise details of his visits to India including local contacts
- Information about the planning and people behind 26/11
- The role of Illyas Kashmiri and Pak intelligence
- Plans for strikes in which other cities in India
- Details of terror camps where he trained
Case details
Oct 3: FBI arrests Pakistani-American David Coleman Headley in Chicago
Oct 27: FBI files affidavit alleging that LeT was planning to use Headley to carry out 26/11
Dec 7: Headley charged with criminal conspiracy in 26/11 case
Dec 9: Headley pleads not guilty
Dec 14: Headley appears to turned into informant to FBI to avoid death penalty.
Mar 17: Headley pleads guilty to 12 counts, including conspiring to murder
Apr 12: Obama promises PM India will get access to Headley
Apr 27: Solicitor Gen Gopal Subramanium and US Attorney General Eric Holder meet to discuss modalitie

India gets access, may grill Headley any time - World - ibnlive

Very much looking forward to see the outcome and the level of trust US has with India in regards to it. Recently there was an interview with Headleys uncle in a news channel , where he clearly said Headley was a US secret agent.

Considering this i seriously doubt the level of interrogation that will be allowed to Indian authorities.

And if Indian officials make all sorts of claims after the interrogation as to what Headley supposedly 'revealed', how will we know whether they are true or the usuals anti-Pakistan propaganda and lies the GoI and Indian media love to propagate?

I doubt Indian officials are any more capable of extracting information from suspects than US officials, and the US has not officially said anything about Headley implicating Pakistani intelligence, so one would have to assume that there is no connection there.

And if Indian officials make all sorts of claims after the interrogation as to what Headley supposedly 'revealed', how will we know whether they are true or the usuals anti-Pakistan propaganda and lies the GoI and Indian media love to propagate?

I doubt Indian officials are any more capable of extracting information from suspects than US officials, and the US has not officially said anything about Headley implicating Pakistani intelligence, so one would have to assume that there is no connection there.

Hmm..

Sounds like seeking anticipatory bail!

Errrr....... I don't think India will take Headley to Kalapani to question him. India only has access to Headley, ie, he will still be in US custody when he is questioned.I am pretty sure Pakistan can request US to have an observer present during the interrogations to safeguard its interests.

Errrr....... I don't think India will take Headley to Kalapani to question him. India only has access to Headley, ie, he will still be in US custody when he is questioned.I am pretty sure Pakistan can request US to have an observer present during the interrogations to safeguard its interests.

Why would Pakistan request an observer? Headley a.k.a. Gilani is an American citizen after all. They did not bother to give consular access to Kasab - a man they admitted was their citizen although there are naysayers aplenty.

Hmm..

Sounds like seeking anticipatory bail!

We know how India operates.

The Indian media was full of false stories attributed to 'officials' about Headley implicating Pakistani military men even though the official record from the US indicated something else, so why will this time around be any different?

I fully expect a plethora of lies and distortions to spew forth once India has access.

Even if proved,you wont believe.Because you are living a dillusioned life.

And your belief has nothing to do with GOI interrogating this B`stard or filing a case at UN to call pakistan a sponsor of terrorism. Let them do their own investigations and let India do their own part. Afterall blood is red for everyone.

Even if proved,you wont believe.Because you are living a dillusioned life.
First prove it, till then making these sorts of claims only make you, your media and your nation come across as delusional.

As I said, your media has already shown itself to be a shameless propagator of lies and propaganda with the claims of Headley implicating '6 Army men' and other ridiculous claims.
And your belief has nothing to do with GOI interrogating this B`stard or filing a case at UN to call pakistan a sponsor of terrorism. Let them do their own investigations and let India do their own part. Afterall blood is red for everyone.
The only way Pakistani officials can be implicated is if Headley connects them, and Headley has so far not done so under interrogation by some of the worlds best trained intelligence and law enforcement officials. What magic danda will Indian investigators use to make Headley say that which he has not so far?

We all know what this 'magic danda' would be were Headley in India, but he is not in India ...

Back
Top Bottom